What's the weirdest question

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know.....I have had a few. One was when I had my step son in the ER and the nurse kept talking to me like I was a moron, The she don't worry honey your boyfriend will be ok......He is you boyfriend, isn't he?

Years ago, the local "Barn Nazi" came over to inspect my newest pasture fencing. It was breeding season and my young son, known for his uncanny timing, asked, "Mom, where does the stallion's "thing" go when he breeds a mare?" The flustered, self-proclaimed equine expert beat a fast retreat to another section of the fence. Later, the 50ish woman sheepishly whispered.... "Where does IT go"?
default_new_shocked.gif

I've actually had a couple questions that have been really strange.

Before we moved more into the country/horse area my mom and I were walking our (at the time) only miniature who's a few spot leopard appaloosa and a teenager approached us and asked "Is that a miniature cow?"

Another time we were out walking the same horse when a lady approached us and asked, quite concerned, "Why doesn't your foal have any shoes on?!" We proceeded to explain that he wasn't a foal but infact an adult miniature horse (he was 7 years old at the time). She then scolded and lectured us for not having shoes on our poor "baby" horse and how horrible it was that "his bare feet have to touch the ground". We had no idea how to react, we sort of just nodded our heads and walked away. Who shoes a young foal anyway?
default_wacko.png

This past halloween I brought my not-quite-yearling stallion down to my Grandmother's neighborhood (in the city) to go trick-or-tricking. He's one of those real small little guys (he's a yearling now and measures 24.5", when we took him trick-or-treating he was much smaller). I was dressed as Bo-Peep and he was dressed as my sheep (though it was still obivous he was a horse). We heard people argueing with each other over if he was a dog, a horse, a sheep, a goat, OR (the best) "A dog dressed as a horse dressed as a sheep" (don't know why I'd go through the trouble of dressing up a dog as a horse only to then dress it up as a sheep!). One group we passed got into a really heated arguement until some one finally approached us and asked about him.
default_laugh.png

And of course I always get the standard "Can you/I/My kid ride it/him/her" and the "Does it/he/she come in the house?". I've also gotten "How did you get your horse that small?" to which I replied "Oh, its easy. Take a warmblood and put him in the dryer on high for a couple of hours."

Oh goodness, where do I start,

This one isnt horse related, but Its still funny.

Last year, there was a really, hmm, how should I say it......socially akward girl at my school. She was really into black and the paranormal. She came up to me and my best friend and she asks, "Do you know of any ghosts I can talk to?"
default_blush.png
I didnt know what to say, but my friend said, " Umm, well, no, but If I do ill let you know!" And she was like, "but i need to talk to one now" "Okay well cant help you there!!!" LOL

Okay, well, at my school im known for being a "horsey" person. But they always think i have riding horses. I tell them no, I have miniature horses. And this guy asked me,

"Well, can I ride it?"

"Um, no, you would kind of break it.."

"Oh is that a fat joke?" And, thats where i blew up...

"IM NOT SAYING YOUR FAT! IF YOU SAT ON A DOG YOU WOULD SQISH IT TO DEATH, IF I RODE MY MINI ID BREAK IT, IF KRISTA (a small, skinny friend of mine) RODE IT SHE WOULD BREAK IT- YOU CANT RIDE A MINI, OKAY!?!?!?!?"

"So your calling her fat too?"................................OMG.

" NO! Im not, your not fat, shes not fat, NOBODY at this lunch table is fat, so be QUIET!!"My friends thought that my rage was hilarious, wasnt meant to be though.

Not a funny conversation, but a funny moment.

I was at the Sportsman Team Challenge (national shooting competetion) with my teammates, and a man was kind enough to give us free ammo. So my dad told us to give the man a hug. He pointed to the man, so we walked up to him and gave him a hug/ He was just like, "UM, your welcome??" I thought he was kidding, so i walked to my dad and he was dying laughing. We hugged the wrong man!!! My friend and I were crying we were laughing so hard. He had to go outside so that we could literally roll on the floor laughing!!!
default_new_rofl.gif
:rofl
default_new_rofl.gif

Another time we were out walking the same horse when a lady approached us and asked, quite concerned, "Why doesn't your foal have any shoes on?!" We proceeded to explain that he wasn't a foal but infact an adult miniature horse (he was 7 years old at the time). She then scolded and lectured us for not having shoes on our poor "baby" horse and how horrible it was that "his bare feet have to touch the ground". We had no idea how to react, we sort of just nodded our heads and walked away. Who shoes a young foal anyway?
wacko.gif
*slow clap* I applaud the lady who thought you put shoes/horse shoes on a baby horse.
default_frusty.gif
People can just be so stupid sometimes.

i drove rocky-a 28 1/2 inch in lots of parades and was ALWAYS asked how i got him so small. my standard answer was "i washed him in hot water".

I had someone years ago when I boarded my horse. This barn did paid trail rides so there was all kinds of what myself and the other boards called greenhorns around the barn often. It was in the summertime. I was just returning to the barn from a horseback ride out the road. A lady asked me why I blind folded my horse. Was it some sort of training or was my horse afraid to ride on the road ? It was a fly mask
default_doh.gif

I work at TSC (Tractor Supply Company) and I wear a red vest. I get asked all the time, "Do you work here?"

I always reply "No, I stole a meijers employee's vest and wear it here for the fun of it!"

My hair is thick and 44" long. When I wear it down (not often) people make comments. A few times I've had people ask me

"how do you wash it?" ummmm with water and shampoo LOL

Robin,

My hair is probably almost as long as yours and when people ask me how I wash it I tell them I have to pull it out of my @$$ first. :)

Or because I wear it up a lot people always comment "your hair is so long" and I just think in my head "yes I know".

Another random question I get is how many earrings I have, because my earrings go from lobe to top. They always take it upon themselves to count. :-/

People just soooo surprise me when we do our annual miniature horse display at a local fair. I guess sometimes I dont realize how "unfamiliar" the public is regarding animals in general. Anyways, the funniest question followed after a women that had been looking at the two foals in the stall. She remarked how cute they were and then asked if they came from the same litter!! Its so hard to keep a straight face and answer that one!

I've got two....while walking around the neighborhoods near us, people often run out to see Casper. Recently, I had someone ask if he was "that big, white hairy breed...you know....Great Pyrenees!!!" Oh....how difficult it was not to laugh in the poor man's face while I was explaining to him that this is a Miniature HORSE, not a BIG DOG!!
default_oops.gif

I had a friend, when I lived in the Dallas area, who was as sweet as pecan pie, however, she wasn't too smart. In addition, she chose to die her hair blond, so folks took advantage whenever they could. One day at work, she was verifying an address on a check, and asked where Forney, Tx was... the man looked her straight in the eye and replied...."Whaaaalll....it'satween Threeney and Fiveney" to which she responded..."oh, I don't know where THOSE are either...are they close to Dallas?" Even me, who'd only been in Texas for about 6 weeks, knew it was a joke, but poor Belinda!!
default_new_rofl.gif

The most annoying thing is when people call my mini a pony-- like Guest_Taylor_Jo--I totally agree with you! A lady asked me what kind of pony she was and I said sh'es not a pony. Shes a miniature horse. then the lady said "What breed is she?" And I was like "A miniature horse" And then she she said "So she's a pony and her breed is miniature horse?"

Ugh! lol

rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
I can confirm that many use the stalls to pee...........some visitors were at the barn to see some new foals and hubby had the "urge". YEP, the foaling cams were still ON !!!!!!!
laugh.gif

Beeeee careful!
LOL thats so gross! And the cams were still on LOL

We always take one or two little horses to a rescue benefit in the spring. I take portable stalls and put the horses in them when they are not doing a demo, or the parade. All the little kids love to come over and pet them or feed them grass. One year we were stationed in a grassy area near the restrooms when a little girl saw our gelding going potty. She asked why is he pooping outside when the restroom is just over there! Too cute. I told her they didn't have a horsey icon on either door.

Another time my youngest daughter and I had worked all day outside at a 4-H show, we were hot and tired. On the way home I got a flat tire. I had just changed it and put the spare on when some guy stops and asks, Do you have a flat tire? Seriously by this time I wanted to slap him, but I remained polite.

We often have two weaned foals together in a paddock for company and get asked, "Are they twins?"

I have 3, if I may:

Our retired team is a pair of blacks. Years back we were in a parade where they place a hitch team of black Percherons behind us (hmmm? where they going for the steamroller effect?). Anyway, somewhere down the parade route we hear a child call out-"Look! There's the babies and there's the parents!".

And more of "Kids Say the Darnest Things"-

My niece is about 2 years younger than my son. She has always loved the horses. When she turned 7 we decided she was old enough to start learning to handle the reins and drive like her cousin. So one day I said to her-"Samantha, how would you like to learn to drive the ponies (we had Shetlands then)? She looked at me very solemly and shook her head, "Oh no Aunt Sherilyn, I can't!" I was pretty puzzled "Why not?" I asked. She replied "Because I'm not old enough to get a license!" (Honest she did!). I love this one-hope my son doesn't mind that I tell hers' more than his'.

My son's funny is: We boarded the ponies for quite a number of years at a farm. The owner did a little buying at the auctions sometimes and found some nice things. And we attended auctions for fun. So of course my boy was around horsepeople and 'horse traders' a bit. One day Dick came back from the auction with a VERY old mare-probably quite something in her day. Pretty dark gold buckskin, quiet and well mannered, but sway backed and extremely greyed in the face. Probably just needed to end her days grazing the pasture. Anyway, chuckling, Dick asked my son if he was interested in a big horse. He told him "I'll let you have her for $35.00!". My son (probably around 9-10 at the time) looked him straight in the eye with a straight face and replied-"You give ME $35.00 and I'll take her off your hands." Where did he get that!!!!!!

Like I said-Kids Say the Darnedest Things!

I worked at a HUGE Marina over the summer on the BIG sign out by the road it said "Moose Landing Marina - SALES, Service and Rentals"

I had a women come up to me and ask "Do you sell boats here?" - It's like no...we sell cars....I mean really!?

A while back while I was in the grocery store I was going down an aisle of the store,I noticed a young lady staring at the cake mixes.I asked her if I could help her ( I go to the store almost everyday so I know the store well). Then she asked "Where are the cupcake mixes". It was all I could do to not laugh.LOL.She was in her late 20's and had 2 children with her..I did explain to her that there were no cupcake mixes, but cake mix that you put in the cupcake pans..

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back