Plus 1 🤣

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow. I enjoyed this video. :) do you feed them together? Do they get along while eating if you do?
Kingsley has never eaten with another. I'm introducing him to this idea.

Thanks!

I can feed Stormy and Breezy together, they will share everything… grain, hay, and treats. 😍 They are truly two peas in a pod. I feed Bentley his grain separate. The dynamic duo 😂 won’t let Bentley join them yet. I also have several hay nets so that each horse has one.

How old is Kingsley? Some horses can eat together, others will not allow it, it just depends on the horse. I am actually planning to always keep Bentley separated for his grain. He will eventually be in heavy work in a couple of years and will require much more than the other two.

I knew when I got Bentley that he would be the third wheel and I’m completely ok with that. Stormy and Breezy are so bonded, they just took to each other from day one. I got Breezy home at 3 months old, so now they have been together for years. ♥️

Stormy is allowing Bentley to eat from the hay bale this evening… BUT Bentley has to remain calm or Stormy will kick him off. Stormy doesn’t allow any horsing around at the hay bale. Bentley started to paw impatiently because he couldn’t eat fast enough, one paw and Stormy gave him a glare and that was it…. No more pawing!

From the left: Breezy, Stormy, Bentley

153DA977-69D3-4554-AC8D-EDFB4CED17E2.jpeg

HM, could you tie him up while he eats? I’ve done that before too. The more aggressive ones I tie up first before I even start scooping out their feed, so everyone remains calm. I tie them up right at their feed bowls until everyone is done. Just a thought. 😍

If you can’t tie him up, it’s tough to watch but she will learn to stay out of his way😊

HM, could you tie him up while he eats? I’ve done that before too. The more aggressive ones I tie up first before I even start scooping out their feed, so everyone remains calm. I tie them up right at their feed bowls until everyone is done. Just a thought. 😍

If you can’t tie him up, it’s tough to watch but she will learn to stay out of his way😊
Thanks for that idea. I can try that. Right now I moved the managers along side each with the common fence panel in between. During the day, they are loose together they have access to any hay they have not eaten. He will chase and threaten to kick when she is near. I can keep them separated for feeding, if he needed. I will try tying him.:)

Latest posts

Back