What's the weirdest question

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seashells

Reaction score
The most unexpected/weirdest question I've been asked came from a guy (and his wife) who came over to see a mini for sale...I was standing there, talking with them...and he asks:

"Can I pee in your yard?"

Of course, I allowed him to use the restroom in our home. But wow, I couldn't believe that one!

Just for fun, What is the weirdest question you've ever been asked?

Last edited by a moderator:
While out walking one of our Harlequin Great Danes with our mini Saber a middle aged lady asked, "Is it a dog or a horse... a horse or a dog?"

I gave a wry smile as Great Danes are frequently compared to horses....however she called out the question again to which I replied, "He's a Harlequin Great Dane"

The lady's face furrowed and she shook her head, "No, the brown and white one."

Don't know if she needed glasses or not but she honestly didn't know.

When our first foal was born in 2001, I called my mom from the barn to say the baby had arrived. She asked if it was "a boy or a girl" and I told her I couldn't tell yet (because the legs were not all the way out). We had the vet out the next morning to do the IgG test (which we always do) and look her over. After he was gone, I called my mom and she asked if the vet could tell if it was a boy or a girl!!! She thought I simple did not KNOW, at 30-something years old, how to tell which the baby was!!!
default_rolleyes.gif

Years ago, I worked in a grocery store and wore a name badge. A customer walked up to me, looked at my name badge quizzically, and asked me how I pronounced my name. Then he asked if it was a Japanese name. No..... my name is Erika.

Just today we had a birthday party for my son and everyone went to look at the horses. We recently had 3 of them gelded so their necks were shaved for meds. I had someone ask about there neck. I told them they had just been gelded and she thought they were literally gelded in there neck,lol. I then explained about the meds,lol.

If it was true I had a child...ummm needless to say that cleared up and laid to rest pretty fast thanks to some good friends
default_wub.png
!!!!!!!!
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png

So um no - no kids for leeana...except for the pretty ones with four legs that like to show
default_wub.png

There was something I bought for my brother at the Dollar Store. When I gave it to him I told him I got it at the Dollar Store. He asked How much I paid for it.
default_wacko.png

During show season after baths and in the winter when it's 20* or below I blanket. Well all my neighbors I guess were going by just as curious as all get out. One day the pastor at the church across from my house said to me and my husband, "We're all curious why you put all those different colored blankets on your horses and why you put blankets on them? We've never seen anything like that around here." That's when I went out and bought a sign and put in my front yard and put my farm name on it, so they'd get the idea. They thought they were backyard pets he said. Even if they were I'd still take care of them that way I told him.

I know some people don't blanket, that I understand, I think they were just amazed at the different colors, like the slinkys. I just had never been asked about it so strangely before and he had such a funny look on his face.

I have a "pet peeve" I tell people like my friend who's 75 their miniature horses. He's insistent on calling them "ponies"! I said, No their not ponies, they're miniatures. Usually it doesn't bother me and sometimes I even call them my ponies when I would talk to my husband or him to me. BUT, when you tell a friend and they keep doing it over and over again it makes me want to pull my HAIR OUT!!!!!!! Sorry didn't mean to hijack the thread. I feel better now..... I get that A LOT..... ARE they ponies????? NOOOOOO it's NOT a pony!!!! Can "YOU" ride it..... NOW does it LOOK like I can ride it..... ERRRRR!!!!!!!! NOW that's the dumbest ? I've been asked. I'm 5' 7" my horses are 29-35" tall, I don't think sooo. TJ

Last edited:
I have to agree with the riding thing too. I get a lot of dumb questions ,as I train young girls for the service industry. But the question that continues to make me cringe , is the "can you ride it?" question...I want to say "Look at me , now look at the horse , now look at me again, now look at the horse . now ask me another question" which is usually followed by "do you keep him in your house?" but off the horse subject , I had a woman ask me if she could change her babys diaper on our buffet table in the restraunt.
default_new_shocked.gif
I said , NO, but you could on the bench , or floor, changing a dirty diaper on the table that we eat off of is not sanitary, and the health code officials would fine us big time.

I get that question all the time too about my mini donkey! I feel like shouting at them sometimes
default_wink.png
!

Many years ago we had a QH foal and I made the proud announcement to my Father in Law. He promptly asked "Well did she ovulate yet?" I answered yeah at least 11 months ago. LOL. Now I see why they only had one kid. Ha.

I had a family stop by years ago to see the horses. I had 3 or 4 groomed & tied to the fence, and the gentleman asked if they were all from the same litter....
default_rolleyes.gif

Jan

The best one I had was last summer, which thankfully they didn't ask me, because I would have busted up laughing. A gal asked her friend (seriously, not joking) if my leopard appy foal was a cross between a horse and a dalmation. I didn't get to hear her friends response.

I got hammered with 2 weird ones yesterday! First I was sitting on the ground cleaning and a customer walked up behind me and touched my pony tail and said "Is that real?" I said " I hope so it's attached to my head!" We both laughed! (Kinda weird to have someone touch my head though!) Second(not really a question more of a weird comment), I was ringing this couple out and the husband says(really loud) "Wow, I sure wish there was more girls that looked like you when I was growing up in this town!" I totally blushed and looked at his wife and she said "don't mind him, sometimes his mouth works faster then his brain!!"
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
Working with the public I get weird questions every day!!!
default_yes.gif
It definately keeps you on your toes!!! LOL!!

Leya

We were out with our little leopard mare and our big harlequin Great Dane - and besides what Rachel says, the old "which is the horse and which is the dog" questions, this one day someone hollered out "OH! Is that a Great dam* nation?" (I said "Why yes, sometimes he is!")

My FAVORITE wasn't asked of me, but of a friend who breeds QH's - someone was there looking at her stallion, wanting to breed him to his mare. Among other things, he asked "well, what does he throw?" - she said "What exactly are you wanting to know?" - guy answers "You know, how many boys or girls?"

My friend says, "Well, you know, about half colts and half fillies..."

The guy says "GREAT, 'cause I don't want my mare to have a gelding!"
default_new_shocked.gif

My friend said she about broke her face trying not to laugh at the guy!
default_biggrin.png

The most unexpected/weirdest question I've been asked came from a guy (and his wife) who came over to see a mini for sale...I was standing there, talking with them...and he asks:

Of course, I allowed him to use the restroom in our home. But wow, I couldn't believe that one!

default_biggrin.png
I thought most horse people/farmers peed outside or in stalls etc. Lots of people have asked me that (or just done it); my farrier routinely pees in the manure pile, and my vet peed in Briar's stall the other day. Ever since I started riding at 10, people have peed outside and in stalls.

I've had many many wierd questions. But most are too strange or risque to share (the wierdest anyway); maybe someday I'll write a book
default_wink.png
(I was born in and lived 30+ years in and around downtown Toronto, so I've seen and heard plenty of stuff that would make most people's jaws drop on here lol).

Someone recently asked me if my minis were scared of cats (implying that since my minis were little, the cats must have seemed like "big" cats to them)... I fell on the floor laughing!

Liz R.

default_biggrin.png
I thought most horse people/farmers peed outside or in stalls etc. Lots of people have asked me that (or just done it); my farrier routinely pees in the manure pile, and my vet peed in Briar's stall the other day. Ever since I started riding at 10, people have peed outside and in stalls.

I've had many many wierd questions. But most are too strange or risque to share (the wierdest anyway); maybe someday I'll write a book
default_wink.png
(I was born in and lived 30+ years in and around downtown Toronto, so I've seen and heard plenty of stuff that would make most people's jaws drop on here lol).
You can always email me these stories! They'd probably crack me up
default_biggrin.png

default_biggrin.png

default_wink.png
You can always email me these stories! They'd probably crack me up
default_biggrin.png
LOL

Latest posts

Back