What's the weirdest question

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me too Matt! Me too!
default_laugh.png

This Thread needs to be SAVED.......I've been laughing myself SILLY! (And enjoying reading the posts to people.)

default_biggrin.png

One of the oddest conversations I ever had occurred when I was running an ad for some bunnies that I had for sale. This kid called, asked the usual questions about age, color, etc.

Suddenly, his father takes the phone from him and asks me, "How much for the whole lot?"

"Excuse me?"

"How much for the whole thing? Cages, food, rabbits, equipment. All of it. How much?"

"You mean, my whole herd?" I couldn't believe this guy! No clue how many rabbits I had, what breeds they were, or anything, and he's gonna try to buy me out?!

"Yeah, the whole setup." (By now I was getting a bit ticked off. So I just grabbed a number out of the air.)

"Two thousand." (On reflection, it actually was pretty close to replacement value.)

"Dollars?"

"Yup."

"Too much," he says, and hangs up. Just like that!

But my favorite question has been asked several times, and not just by children. My chickens lay eggs in all the wrong places, so I often find them at odd times. If I go into the rabbitry with an egg or two in my hand, it isn't unusual for me to park the eggs on top of a rabbit cage while I do something else. If I forget and leave the eggs there, I guarantee you, someone will ask me innocently, "Which rabbit did these come from?"
default_doh.gif

default_rolleyes.gif
default_rolleyes.gif
I can confirm that many use the stalls to pee...........some visitors were at the barn to see some new foals and hubby had the "urge". YEP, the foaling cams were still ON !!!!!!!
default_laugh.png

Beeeee careful!

Bess, that one makes me laugh!
default_biggrin.png
When we first put cameras in the barn I still had a couple of big horse boarders who were not used to having cameras....very entertaining at times to catch a conversation with their horse, or worse! LOL.

Jan

Oh my goodness! When you gotta go I guess? lol I don't believe there is shame in asking someone to use the bathroom in their house. May I pee in your yard? Oh dear. One funny question I've heard. Do you have the horse with the big "fill in the blank". "You can see it from the road!" Mind you my tiniest stallion is very well endowed and I have seen shocked (or if it's a man) interested looks and wows. The person bold enough to actually ask me was a fellow horsewoman who owns a boarding barn not far. Joe was in our fenced in yard behind my house.
default_new_shocked.gif

Ok, I just got asked this by a friend at schoo, today and man, was I speechless(which is very rare for me) We had been talking about babies and she leans over to me and say, "would you sell your placenta to science?"
default_new_shocked.gif
:shocked I didn't know what to do but laugh, it too me by surprize!

Years ago I had an arts and crafts shop and painting studio listed in the phone book as Dabblers Den. Can't tell you the number of times I'd answer the phone and the person on the other end would ask "Is this Mrs. Dabbler?".
default_wacko.png
It happened often enough that I finally got to the point that I'd say "Oh I'm sorry. Mrs Dabbler is out of town.". Grrrrrrr Telemarketers
default_new_2gunsfiring_v1.gif

Not to change the topic away from horses but before I retired I was the drafting clerk at a large mortgage company. In fact, I was the entire department. Now, we could draft your checking account once a month, semi-monthly or bi-weekly. So one day I had this irate customer call me and say she was tired of me overdrawing her account by drafting on the wrong day. So she wanted to know, for sure, did we draft every two weeks or every fourteen days?? (She was on the bi-weekly draft). I had to have her pull out a calendar, go back for twelve months and sit there for 20 minutes going over her draft dates before she believed me when I said that every other Tuesday was, in fact, exactly the same as every 14 days. Some people, geez.

. I had to have her pull out a calendar, go back for twelve months and sit there for 20 minutes going over her draft dates before she believed me when I said that every other Tuesday was, in fact, exactly the same as every 14 days. Some people, geez.

default_doh.gif
Here's your sign.

default_rolleyes.gif
default_rolleyes.gif
I can confirm that many use the stalls to pee...........some visitors were at the barn to see some new foals and hubby had the "urge". YEP, the foaling cams were still ON !!!!!!!
default_laugh.png

Beeeee careful!
I've taken a whiz in my barn a few times. Never where anyone is going to step though!

It's my barn and I can pee if I want to

Pee if I want to

Peeee if I want to...

One of my favorite stories was when I had just put in new drains around the perimiter of the barn and was thinking about getting a garden hose to test them out. My little filly came over leaned and peed right into the drain for me! I swear she was real proud of herself trying to help out dad!
default_rolleyes.gif

Daryl

Last edited by a moderator:
My sister Debi, who is NOT a horse person, came over and was looking out the window at the stallion next door. It was spring, and the stallion, a little Arabian, was "entertaining" himself. Debi peered out the the window and said "OMG - that horse has a stick stuck in his stomach." Frantically trying to keep a straight face, and not embarrass her, I said, no, that's a BOY horse. Debi replied, "can't you see it? It's got a stick stuck in it's stomach!!" I told her again, it's a BOY horse! After about 4 repetitions, she finally got it, and boy did she turn red!!

Okay - not a question, but one of the weirdest conversations I ever attempted to participate in.

When I was in drivers ed, I was 6-8 years older than the rest of the class, and a little boggled by the 'teenager-ness' of my classmates. The girl next to me found out I had horses and worked for a horse vet, and she started telling me all about how they used to ride her friends horse all the time, but then she took her on a wagon train, and someone on the wagon train brought a stallion, even though it was against the rules, and then her friends horse had a baby, and he was really cute, but then he grew up and got mean, because he was half-stallion, and he would chase the mare away from them whenever they tried to ride her.

I was a little boggled by all that was wrong with her story, and tried to tell her that he wasn't 'half-stallion' (LOL!) he was ALL stallion, and she said, 'No his dad was a stallion" and I gave up. The next class I tried to suggest that he needed to be gelded, and then he wouldn't be even half-stallion, and was equally unsuccessful.

I'm afraid the friends horse probably had a baby that was a 'quarter-stallion'.
default_wacko.png

I guess it would have to be a question my husband asked me about six years ago. We had only been married a year or so and I was having side effects from taking fosomax or actonel (bone building meds) in that I would feel like I had sudden heat exhaustion in the mornings after I had a couple of cups of coffee and would go out and work in my vegetable garden. The first time it happened I got so overheated and was so weak I was almost crawling back to the house and just had to lay there on the floor feeling like the life was draining out of me. When my husband called later in the day I told him about getting so overheated and then I said "maybe it was a hot flash." HE ASKED ME IF HE SHOULD COME HOME AND SERVICE ME.
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
default_smokesmile.gif
default_smokesmile.gif
It was too funny. He was dead serious. He said he had always thought a hotflash happened to women when they were "in the mood." :
default_biggrin.png
default_blush.png
default_biggrin.png

We had a couple of young cats at the house when a friend of ours was making an infrequent visit. She, my daughter (who at the time was about 9 or 10) and I were walking around the house when one of the boy cats came out for some petting. My friend asked if he had been fixed yet, and my daughter told her that yes he had been gelded!
default_biggrin.png
It is really funny now since my daughter works with a vet.

I work for a school district as bookkeeper and have to answer the main phone line every so often, I answer with, "Heber Springs School District, this is Terri", and I have been asked right behind that quite often, "and who am I speaking to?"
default_rolleyes.gif

And I think the farrier uses our outdoor facilities when he is here.
default_smile.png

My husband and I were in a pool supply store so he could get a mask/snorkel set and the kid behind the counter asked, "Do you have a pool?" Without missing a beat, my husband said, "No, my septic tank is acting up and I need to get in and find out what's wrong." The kid said, "Really?"

I think the funniest part was the adults in the store laughing their heads off. I truly believe the kid had no idea what a septic was.
default_smile.png

On an outing to the Quick Mart, we had Cricket with us. (She loves to ride in the truck) Had the passenger window down and Cricket stuck her head out. A mother with her son asked me if the dog would bite. I told her that she had never bitten before. When she came back out, she stopped at a distance and asked me, "What kind of a dog is that"? I told her she was and Equine Canine. She said I had heard of them, but never saw one till now!!!! After she got in her car I burst out laughing
default_biggrin.png
Art said she was in the store saying that black dog in the red truck looked vicious...Too Funny!

I once had a Swiss Mountain mix dog who was bigger than my mini horse. I also have a black headced tri colored corgi (same color, similar markings). MANY times I was asked if they were father and son.
default_unsure.png
default_shutup.gif

I am an amputee (left lower leg) and more often than not wear shorts. Little kids love the robot leg. Adults often ask "did you lose your leg?" I usually look down and quickly tell them, "Nope. It is still there."
default_whistling.gif

I am an amputee (left lower leg) and more often than not wear shorts. Little kids love the robot leg. Adults often ask "did you lose your leg?" I usually look down and quickly tell them, "Nope. It is still there."
default_whistling.gif
default_wacko.png
Just one thing to add... "Here's your sign!" OMG, its amazing what adults will say (children its understandable, but adults
default_rolleyes.gif
).

After getting out of the drivers side of my truck, I was asked if my service dog was a seeing eye dog. Seriously, how stupid can people be?

Latest posts

Back