What's For DINNER Tonight?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
6-8 OMG I think id freeze
default_smile.png

I made a prawn curry on sat night for dinner with a side salad of fresh cucumbers and tomato from the garden with some fresh basil tossed through.

Yesterday I went from one side of the state to the other and back to buy trees and by the time I got home it was too late to cook anything other than heat a can of tomato soup on the stove and butter some fresh bread.

I love homemade Pizza could be an idea for tonight
default_smile.png

Homemade pizzas it was. The first of my cherry tomatoes & fresh Basil were ready so was great to use those along with the usual ingredients.

I am thinking somewhere along the lines of a chicken pesto pasta or something similar tonight.

Last time I shopped I came across a make your own salted caramel tarts . I swear I can hear the box saying "make me" every time I open the pantry.

may just give those a try tonight too
default_smile.png

Chicken Kiev and salad last night , easy but tasty.

Nothing planned for tonight at this stage. Its going to be extremely hot this weekend
default_smile.png

Thinking perhaps meatloaf for dinner, but gotta make up my mind so I can mix it up and throw it in the oven before I go out and feed, so it'll be close to ready when I get back in.

Meat loaf sounds good. Haven't done it in a while. Tonight we are having hot ham and cheese buns (hamburger rolls, slices of ham and cheese-wrap in foil and bake in oven 15 min. to heat and cheese is all wonderfully gooey!)
default_drool5.gif
. Oven french fries and a veggie. Made lemon cheesecake dump cake.

I think a huge group of us should get together and fly down to Ryan's to eat for a week. Sounds like a chef to me! LOL! Yum!
default_eat.gif

Your all welcome , anytime
default_smile.png
Performancemini you would have to make the Yoghurt bread for desert
default_smile.png

Last night I picked up some lamb back straps from the Poultry shop just up the road from home. Chopped up some Fresh rosemary and Oregano from the garden and coated both sides. Cooked them on the BBQ before thinly slicing them over greek salad. Really easy to make and tasted great.

Since today was government holiday I had a little more time for cooking. I cooked two salmon fillets...one for tonight and one to take for lunch. Also cooked a pan of mushrooms and had a kitchen sink garden salad. I baked the salmon in the oven with a seasoning of butter, lemon juice, dill, parsley, savory, and a dash of white wine. Popped it out of the oven when done and gave it a glaze of butter, lemon juice, and orange cranberry marmalade and broiled for a couple of minutes. Stir fried the mushrooms in coconut oil and butter and for the last five minutes let them simmer in marsala wine. Salad had tons of veggies in a spring mix of greens with a light splash of vinegar and olive oil for a dressing. Dessert is jelly beans! The 7 UP ones are really good as are the pina colada ones.

last night I made coffee cup Omelette Muffins. I had seen a recipe online that took a whole five minutes to prepare and cook - Hello I thought this is my kind of meal , considering I wasn't really in the mood to cook at all.

Take your finest coffee cup , melt a little butter in the bottom then using a pastry brush, brush butter up the sides of the cup.

Add 1 egg & whisk. Then add a little milk (just under half a cup I used.) Then whisk a little more.

Now add your vegies - I used Spring onion, capsicum, Peas, corn kernels and Cherry Tomatoes and some fetta cheese.

Give it a quick stir then grab a piece of bread and tear it up into pinch size pieces. Place the tiny bits of bread on top of the omelette mix and pat it down a little into the mix.

3 Minutes in the microwave and "Presto"
default_smile.png

Place a plate over the coffee cup and flip both the cup and plate , which will release the omelette.

Tonight I have my Dad, His wife and my sister coming for dinner, so will be having a BBQ of some sort tonight.

Wow, Vicki's salmon does sound tasty. Haven't been on this thread in awhile, been fixing the same old, same old, not much new. Did make some chicken thighs the other night that you all might like. I browned the thighs and one larg onion in my skillet but didn't cook all the way. Placed them in my slow cooker, crock pot, cover with peach jam and bbq sauce, set it on low and cooked for four hours, It was a hit. I served with rice and green beans. Tonight I've already got venison stew in the crock pot and I'll serve it with corn bread. It's freezing here so a hot meal is the way to go. I've got a turkey thawing for tomorrow night, I'm cooking it early in the morning just in case we lose electric as more snow is forcast.

I just haven't been very creative for meals at all. I think it's the winter doldrums causing it.
default_crybaby.gif
Last night we each had a little strip steak, steak fries and green beans. I had made chocolate cookies with white chocolate chips and frosted them with chocolate icing for dessert.

Tonight I made H a cheeseburger and baked beans
default_giveup.gif
and I had a turkey club sandwich and a salad. I made the quick Bisquick cherry cobbler for dessert.

Tomorrow I plan on doing Hellman Mayo's Parmesan oven chicken breasts with ????
default_frusty.gif
default_doh.gif
default_no.gif

Had a BBQ last night , so plenty of salads and crusty bread.

Temp has just dropped 10 degrees Celsius in the last hour and a ripper storm is forecast in the next hour or so. Was planning to use the rest of the salads from yesterday but thinking it will be a hot meal tonight.

Hope your all staying warm
default_smile.png

Hmmm...It's grocery week...supper was slices of deli ham, mac n cheese and buttered corn. Popcorn for a snack.

Tomorrow night-pizza bread. Then maybe use a gift card??? And two nights to go then til I can go shop. Oh well!

I ordered Indian takeaway last night. I was planning on cooking but had to pick one of my big horses up from being away having some education. By the time I settled him down It was 9pm and I wasn't about to start cooking then ........

Its food shopping week for me aswell , hoping to find a little motivation in one of the aisles for something new to try.

I have an abundance of tomatos and cucumbers atm so something and salad will be on the menu tonight
default_smile.png

I saw something on FB for cucumbers with tomatoes and maybe onions and one other ingredient. Wonder if I can find it again?

Quick copy/paste, so no picture.

Marinated Cucumbers, Onions, and Tomatoes

So yummy and healthy!!

3 medium cucumbers, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick

1 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings

3 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges

1/2 cup vinegar

1/4 cup sugar

1 cup water

2 teaspoons salt

1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper

1/4 cup oil

Combine ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.

Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving

Yum, Thanks Chanda
default_smile.png
I was at the stage where I am running out of options other than a salad to have them.

One thing I thought of for next year (Providing the tomatoes grow as well next year as they have this year) was to make my own Tomato Sauce and Chutney.

At least ill have nearly 12 months to search for a great recipe.

thanks again
default_smile.png

Went to my SIL for a BBQ sat night. Was lovely having someone else cook for you. I was sitting there thinking how nice and peaceful it was until a massive storm came thru and blew everything off the table into our laps. We laughed until the power went out, decided that was the "icing on the cake" and quickly left for home to make sure everything was ok at home. We live 5 mins away , luckily our power was on
default_smile.png

last night I made a Chicken , sweet potato and Cashew Red Curry & served with Coconut Rice. I made heaps so will be having left overs tonight ):

I have been a little boring in the meal department of late, think its because ive been trying to get as much done outside before winter is upon us here, therefore working outside a lot later than usual.

I have however, cooked the salmon that Vickie posted a while back- It was really, really good , so much so my mum asked me for the recipe
default_smile.png
highly recommended !!!! Thanks Vickie
default_smile.png

Tonight will be Salt and Pepper squid tossed thru an Asian salad.

I have some relatives down for the weekend so am planning a luncheon for Sunday so it will give them a chance to catch up with everyone whilst they are visiting.

I want to keep it fairly simple as I'm not sure if anyone has dietary requirements.

So the plan is....... Leg of Lamb on the Webber, which I will Marinade sat morning and leave to marinade all day/night. Salt and pepper squid on the BBQ. Sweet chili chicken thigh fillets and some eye fillet steak that ill also do on the BBQ.

Salads will be -

Pear , parmesan and Rocket with a lemon and Olive Oil dressing

Sweet potato, baby spinach, and fetta and pine nuts with a balsamic dressing

Roasted vegetable Cous Cous salad

Baked chat potatos and pumpkin , Crusty bread and dinner rolls.

I really hope someone has sweets covered for afterwards
default_smile.png

Back