Whats Cooking ? Whats for dinner ?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I enjoy baking but have never made mug cakes, so it is interesting to read your opinion. Was it too dense? It seems like a good size for a guilt free dessert. 😁

We are having that first cold windy rain of Fall, and it is about 40 degrees, so I am baking a loaf of Irish brown bread. It uses some beer for flavor and leavening and smells great. It makes me feel warmer.

I've heard the chocolate ones turn out better. The recipie pictures make them look mouth-watering. I'm not a fan of microwave cooking but my sisters are coming for lunch tomorrow and want to try the mug cake. I'll see if theirs turn out any better than mine did. It was not uneatable, it just wasn't worth the trouble for the calories.

It’s fun to try out new recipes though even if they don’t quite turn out. I hope the chocolate turns out well for you all! I’ve seen the photos too with the recipe and they are cute and do look tasty. 🤞

I enjoy baking but have never made mug cakes, so it is interesting to read your opinion. Was it too dense? It seems like a good size for a guilt free dessert. 😁

We are having that first cold windy rain of Fall, and it is about 40 degrees, so I am baking a loaf of Irish brown bread. It uses some beer for flavor and leavening and smells great. It makes me feel warmer.
I would try your bread☺️

We all used the same recipe, except one sister who substituted corn starch for flour. One has pumpkin pie spices mixed in. All different mugs. Mine is the one with the cherry jam on top. I think my Polish pottery mug did the best job. I doubt I will do this again as the pleasure is not worth the calories. But mine did turn out well.

Attachments

• mug cakes.jpg
    mug cakes.jpg
    565.7 KB · Views: 1
We all used the same recipe, except one sister who substituted corn starch for flour. One has pumpkin pie spices mixed in. All different mugs. Mine is the one with the cherry jam on top. I think my Polish pottery mug did the best job. I doubt I will do this again as the pleasure is not worth the calories. But mine did turn out well.
🙂Looks delicious

Those are pretty cakes, Marsha! Did the corn starch cake taste differently than the others? I think a good pottery mug would cook very evenly!

HersheyMint, the bread recipe I use often is Irish Guiness Brown Bread from Ima Garten. I found it online and it is still “out there”. If I knew how to add a link I would, but I don’t. 😫

If you can’t find Guiness, a dark lager works well, or any dark beer!

Those are pretty cakes, Marsha! Did the corn starch cake taste differently than the others? I think a good pottery mug would cook very evenly!

HersheyMint, the bread recipe I use often is Irish Guiness Brown Bread from Ima Garten. I found it online and it is still “out there”. If I knew how to add a link I would, but I don’t. 😫

If you can’t find Guiness, a dark lager works well, or any dark beer!
Ok, great I will google it thank you

Tomatoes! Everything tomatoes!
My partner asked my mom to grow tomatoes and various peppers so he could smoke them and make salsa. Except he works away. And honestly it seems he has no desire to actually do the work, just the eating 🤣 so it's fallen to me.
So far I've made my first kick at salsa and made 3 jars of it. I'd never done canning before. It's pretty cool!
Next I made spaghetti sauce. I have 2 freezer bags put away and made a "hamburger helper" meal that went over extremely well. I still have a very large metal bowl frozen full of tomatoes in my freezer. I'm not sure what to do with it. And a lot of moderately hot peppers...

Just waiting to be inspired. Otherwise I'll probably just stew them and can them and that will be that.

That sounds delicious, all of it! 😋 Our poblano peppers did well and the tomatoes so so, but what we had was very good.

I had just enough to freeze two quarts for a special meal. Hoping next year we have a bumper crop too!

Latest posts

Back