What's For DINNER Tonight?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have a safe trip and don't kiss that baby the whole way home, you will wear yourself out.

I fixed a ham and pasta salad last night, so tonight I taking a cabbage out of the freezer, and cooking the ham bone, cabbage and potatos for dinner.

Ryan: Yes, I use white beans for the white chili w/ chicken. Usually I use great Northern beans. I do the lazy quick way: open a can or two of the beans, dump them in a sauce pot 'juice' and all. Mash some of the beans with a fork so the 'broth' gets thicker. Add my seasoning (usually some pepper, cumin, cilantro and dash of salt). For chicken I either cook some white meat and add it or I get lazy and use canned chicken breast meat. Always tastes good though.

Tonight we had potato soup with ham and hot buttered bread. H is making chocolate chip cookies on top of the woodstove (in a cake pan covered with foil, sitting on a little heavy duty rack). Smells good! Hope he will let me have one (or two-COOKIE!).
default_drool5.gif

Yum! Sounds good Chandab! Another uninteresting night here. H had navy bean and ham soup and bread and butter. I had mac n cheese microwave/cup and a little salad. Lemon yogurt. Been baking cookies for Christmas (yep, I "tasted" two). More cookies and confections to come.

Everything sounds yummy! We still have smoked turkey legs to finish off tonight. I think this is the 3rd time the two I got are making dinner and once we sent a plate to our friend. They're good, tho. I think they taste a lot like ham. I'm going to stick up when they go on sale and freeze some for later.

I think I might halfway redeem my leftovers for dinner by making an oven omelette with crescent rolls and home fries this morning. In the mood to cook but don't want to not make good use of the smoked turkey.

Thanks performancemini I will give that a try over the holidays
default_smile.png

Also Made a meat loaf yesterday and had with a garden salad and coleslaw.

Good one Jill, I often make omelettes in the oven when I have plenty of left overs
default_smile.png

Last night we had Gortons fish fillets, boxed mac and cheese and corn cassarole. I took the corn off of five cobs, diced one green pepper, one red sweet pepper and two jolpenia peppers added some pats of butter and a splash of cream and cooked it in the oven with the fish. No left overs last night.

Tonight I'm making chicken and rigatoni, as I have two breasts thawed out that I must cook up, we have fried chicken strips and rice-a-roni on Sat. I'm not using tomatoe sauce I'm dicing the breast and cooking with an onion and carrot, boiling the pasta, then mixing it all together and using the pan dripppings I'm makeing a sauce/gravy to serve over. Hubby and I have decided we aren't fixing a big holiday dinner, we're going to fix our favorite dinner which is hamburgers and tomatoes.

Believe it or not, I still have more meat from those TWO smoked turkey legs. It feels like it had to be more than two, but it wasn't. That, peas, and boxed mac & cheese. Then the turkey should be all done.

Pan fried two very thin cut rib eye steaks, string beans and mashed potatoes tonight. Made chocolate covered peanut butter balls for christmas. Not my old (lost) recipe and they didn't work as nice as the old one. But they will taste good.

Tomorrow night is a butterfly pork chop for H. and ??? for me. Not sure what I am going to put with everything. Got to make my mini cheesecake cups tomorrow night. Then Wednesday the big bake off. Pumpkin and lemon meringue pies. Rice Fluff. Fruit salad and a caramel flan. (all for Christmas Eve or Christmas day meals).

Christmas Eve at my sister's. Not sure what she's making for meat, but probably mashed potatoes and scalloped corn. I know my Mom's taking a relish tray and dip and rolls. I, of course, am the dessert 'department'. That leaves my niece's contribution???

Christmas day luncheon (here) is deli lunch meats, cheeses, crackers, rolls, relishes, fruit salad, chips and dip, lots of sweets and caramel flan. Lemonade with real strawberries (frozen) and gingerale and coffee.

Then on Sunday celebrating my Mom's 85th birthday with a small lunch; chicken n dumplings, salad and cherry cobbler in place of cake (but ice cream and whip cream available!). Lots of cards and some gifts.

Busy Busy
default_xreiter.gif
default_xbud.gif
default_thud.gif

Homemade meatballs, pasta roni and corn tonight. Can't wait, the meatballs are about the only way I really enjoy hamburger itself (it's always good in spaghetti sauce and such, but I don't care for plain hamburger dishes).

This pork recipe is the best thing I ever made!!! I ended up doing mashed sweet potatoes, corn and green bean casserole to go with it. OMG, sooooo good!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ooooh-groan. Don't mention food tonight!
default_no.gif
All we've done is eat and snack all day! (Though Hubby is munching on some popcorn right now). There is leftover turkey from my sister's last night- so if I DO get hungry I'm just making a sandwich!
default_unsure.png

I defrosted a big package of chicken breast. I'm planning to use part for a stir fry for tonight's dinner, and part for that chicken, onion soup mix, cream of mushrrom soup, and sherry thing I make a lot. I thought I'd go on and put that together and stick it in the fridge until I want to put it in the crock pot tomorrow when I will be away the first part of the day.

Threw a roast in the crock pot this morning with some potatoes and a couple carrots, so supper should be ready to eat when we are.

The crock pot chicken thing I put together yesterday and put in the crock pot today, over some egg noodles with peas and carrots on the side
default_eat.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Tonight is thin sliced rib eye steaks, mashed potatoes, veggie and salads. Quiet New Year's Eve at home. Probably a movie at home. Gotta' work tomorrow.

Tonight made H a brat (hmmm, computer says it's spelled right, it just looks like a naughty child instead of a food-LOL!) cranberry sauce and loaded twice-baked potatoes. (I had my lovely little sweet apple chicken sausage I love so much).

Latest posts

Back