What's For DINNER Tonight?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Homemade chicken noodle soup tonight. I have lots of chicken left-overs, so soup sounded good.

Not very creative or motivated lately. Made H navy bean and ham soup and Pillsbury crescent rolls. I had instant mac n cheese with chicken and roll. "Grazing" later on first yogurt with a little Butterfinger candy crumbled in (here I go again-sugar!) and then my 'ice cream' in chocolate. H had popcorn with his triple hit movies.

Ive been flat out lately so I haven't been on here as much as I like to check out what everyones been Cooking and feasting on.

I think it was a good week or so after Christmas that I was able to sit down to a full meal. Ate way too much as most of us would have
default_smile.png

Jill, I made the chicken in the soup dish that you make and it was a BIG hit at home. The only thing I didn't have on hand was the sherry so a used white wine instead.

I used my slow cooker most of the holidays and think ill continue to do so throughout summer here in future.

Moroccan Lamb shank stew, Sticky soy beef, Red chicken curry, lasagne, slow cooked sausage and beans casserole were some of the meals I did in the slow cooker .....

Whats everyone else been up to in the kitchen ? hope you have all been well and had a great Christmas and new year
default_thumbup.gif

I've been doing a pretty hit and miss job of cooking meals lately. I will do a roast and then we have leftovers in various ways for a couple of days. Day before yesterday I grabbed a stewing chicken from the freezer and boiled it. Then my husband pulled the meat from the bones and I made chicken noodle and vegie soup with peas from my freezer and carrots from a local farm. I got a Kitchen Aid mixer for Christmas so am on a bread baking run right now. Today's bread is Oatmeal Bread. it is a moist heavy loaf that my husband loves. I think I will serve it with the last of the chicken chopped up and put in a nice gravy and maybe some broccoli and cauliflower I have in my freezer from my summer garden.. Dang... now I'm hungry.. lol, its lunch time tho so I shouldn't be surprised. I wonder if we have any soup left.

We've had a remarkable mild winter so far and I really feel for those of you who are struggling with wild weather. I second your sentiment Ryan, hope everyone had a nice holiday season and 2015 is treating them well.

Last night I defrosted some lasagne that I had made over the xmas break. Purple sweet potato, green beans, zucchini and cauliflower as sides.

Tonight will be Tacos and garlic Bread and maybe a desert of some kind . I was going to try this Tuna Pattie recipe that I found but as my sister is a fussy eater and she is coming for dinner ill have to try that another night...
default_smile.png

I was under the weather some and lived on saltines, dry toast and 7Up and water for two days. So husband got shorted on food again. He made French Toast one night and grilled cheese the other. Tonight we had chicken and baked potatoes and he had sweet corn (I stayed away from the corn for now).

I've been in a rut, cooking just easy meals so we don't starve. crock pot chili, veggie beef soup, chicken noodle soup, turkey and dumplins and sometimes even a grilled cheese. Strange since i LOVE to cook. Last night we had broiled steak, brussel sprouts and pepper and cheese potatoes.

Made potato soup tonight and crescent rolls. Had a little of my "ice cream" (almond milk) in mint chip and H. had an 'Eskimo Pie'.

Was supposed to go to a get together tomorrow night for supper, but H. will be working late and I don't want to go alone and drive way out there and back by myself-so, I will miss out on the deep fried turkey (never had it before) the hosts are making and all the potluck goodies. I was going to take a dish of peaches, cherries, rice and whipped cream and jello. Guess that'll be part of my supper. Not sure what else then.

Maybe the couple of little steaks I haven't got into the freezer yet.

Went out for lunch yesterday to an old hotel that had recently changed ownership and had undergone a massive transformation. I ordered a meatball dish that was topped with Rocket and parmesan cheese. it was sensational, something ill be adding to my "to make wish list". Sat night I went to My SIL house for a roast. Ill say it is really nice when someone else cooks for you. Doesn't happen very often , but always nice to have the night off cooking especially when desert is the biggest sticky date pudding I had ever seen.

I have always been a shocker for not eating breakfast, or anything for that matter till lunchtime. I purchased one of those Nutri bullets over the xmas break so I could start making breakfast smoothies/ shakes when I got to work of a morning.

Actually remembering to bring it into work was the first hurdle (or poor excuse LOL). Well I remembered and today is day one of trying to start my day a little healthier. This morning will be half a banana, mango and mixed berries with LSA mix and some natural yoghurt & skim milk.

Tonight im going to try and make the meatball dish.
default_smile.png

Ryan: I do smoothies almost every morning too. I have a lot fun playing with different combinations. I use yogurt and rice or almond milk because I have IBS and can't have cow's milk, etc. My standard is banana, peaches (frozen as it thickens it more, along with the banana) and sometimes I add some strawberries or teaspoon of chocolate mix. Occasionally I do banana, peaches, peanut butter and chocolate (can't really taste the peaches-but being frozen they make it thicker).

Tonight we had BBQ beef sandwiches, french fries and string beans. Tomorrow night is homemade chicken noodle soup with big chunks of chicken breast and lots and lots of soup noodles (husband loves the noodles) and grilled cheese sandwiches and a loaf of lemon yogurt bread.

Performancemini - they are such a good idea , and really filling .
default_smile.png

I did a Banana and mango one today with Yoghurt , milk and two teaspoons of Lsa mix and a teaspoon of rice syrup. Now reading the ingredients in the one that you make occasionally( mouths watering lol) has given me thought these could really work for something much more along the line of sweets or desert for after a meal. I have a shocking problem with Ice cream, usually nightly and way too much of it.

Anyway back to the topic, I ended up going to a friends for a roast beef last night with roasted vegies and broccoli.

Tonight I have to stop at the supermarket before I can work out what Ill be having. The first of this years cucumbers are ready for picking , so something and salad will be more than likely
default_smile.png

Did chicken thigh fillets last night, stuffed with Pumpkin, fetta and sundried tomato, then wrapped in filo pastry. Baked in the oven & served with fresh cucumber, tomato, snow peas , fetta and some fresh basil.

Tonight I have sausages defrosting , so will either have them with salad, or if the cooler change comes thru maybe turn them into curried sausages.

Curried Sausages last night. Tried making it from scratch instead of using a packet mix and I think it turned out great. I also used coconut cream to thicken it before serving with Jasmine rice , and it was yum.

Have no Idea what Ill make tonight or over the weekend for that matter.

Its Australia day on Monday so a BBQ with plenty of lamb and salads will be a certainty
default_smile.png

Last night had thin ribeye steaklets, french fries and corn.

Tonight's oven baked chicken, "fan" potatoes (bakers cut thin 3/4 through with butter, italian seasoning and salt-then top with shredded cheddar and parsley) and mix vegetables.

Tonight is taco sunday. I'll make rice and beans to go with it and I have a nice, ripe avocado to stuff mine with. Hubby doesn't eat it. More for me, I say.

I also am baking a loaf of apple bread, even as I type. I found a new recipe and it looked pretty darn good so I thought I'd try it as I have a ton of apples I bought for a pie and then didn't get around to doing the whole pie thing.

Tonight I made chicken corn chowder (that's what the recipe called it anyway). chunks of white chicken breast in a creamy base with diced potatoes and baby kernel corn, chives, marjoram, basil and pepper and cheese. Yummy! Had hot toasted buttered french bread and homemade peanut butter fudge. Cheese curds for a later night snack.

Last night I had stewed chicken thighs with potaoes, carrots and dumplings. The dogs are eating the leftovers this morning over their breakfast.

Not sure what I;m fixing tonight I think it will depend on the weather and if we keep power. since we have electric now I may go ahead and fix something that if we lose powere I can heat it up on the wood stove. Hope everyone stays safe here in this east coast storm.

We had a long weekend for "Australia Day" on the weekend, so I was extra busy in the garden planting plants and also a couple of big Palm Trees.

I cooked a roast turkey on Saturday night served with roast vegies, then used the left overs to make a sweet chilli turkey stir fry.

Had a very easy dinner last night ( Lean Cuisine ) . A visit to the Chiropractor after work left me in no mood to cook.

Have woken up feeling much better so will make more of an effort tonight.

Hope your all staying safe in the storm we are hearing about on the news
default_smile.png

Well, my hubby and grown son flew down to Georgia today for the weekend (home Mon. eve.) to surprise visit his Dad. Of course, now they changed the weather forecast here to snow starting Sat. early eve and continuing through Sunday night. Forecast 6-8"!!! Gaaaaaaaa!
default_gaah.gif
I hate when H is not home as it is. Let the neighbors know I was "Home Alone" (hmm, sounds like a movie!)-so they can keep an eye on things (and the husband there will plow me out when it's over-praise God!).
default_hypocrite.gif
default_pray.gif

This blew my weekend plans of spoiling myself and eating out each night (H took me to a steak house last night-hmmm, buttering me up?). So I went and did my grocery shopping tonight and bought the store's pizza/deli premade spaghetti and meatballs for supper. Guess I'll wing it the next two nights. Hope we don't have any power outages!
default_pray.gif
I don't mess with the wood stove. Thing scares me. So, I rely on the furnace and lights and modern appliances. I would never make a pioneer.

Not sure if H will arrive Monday night in time for supper, so I am making chicken and stuffing (as in canned chicken and boxed stuffing) and making a peach/cool whip pie with a shortbread crust. That'll make a nice treat to come home too!
default_eat.gif

Homemade pizza tonight, nothing fancy just homemade crust (love my bread machine for this), sauce, hamburger and cheese.

And, I wouldn't make a pioneer, either, love my modern conveniences too much.

Latest posts

Back