Food Lovers Guide

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love the sound of the creamy garlic chicken Ryan, I will be giving that a try. My standby for chicken breast when I want something easy but good enough for company is to sprinkle the meat with a garlic/herb mix (i usually use a commercially available mix called garlic plus but Ive used my own blend too) then cover it in mayonaise and finally sprinkle a thick layer of grated parmesan cheese on top. Cook in a 350F oven until the chicken is cooked and the cheese is golden brown. I usually serve it with roasted baby potatoes and vegies.

I did corned silverside in the slow cooker yesterday. Love being able to put something on in the morning and not have to worry about it till dinner time :)

Silverside is beef :)  Its the cut above the leg. ( I think the term "Siverside" is very European)  

I buy it "corned" so its been cured in salt and other things.  I have just started to cook it in the slow cooker. 

LOL, my lack of sophistication is showing. My Dad used to enjoy corned beef. Its been so many years since Ive tasted it that I really can't say if I like it or not. I don't think anyone I know has served it in my adult life. 

We had it a lot as kids and I hadn't had it in ages. I always found it to be dry though, so was never one of my favs. My mum still makes it occasionally, like you though, Ive never heard of anyone else serving it. 

Back