What's For DINNER Tonight?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last night I stuffed some zucchinis with Sun dried tomatoes, double smoked ham, cherry tomatoes, fetta, fresh basil and a dried mix of italian herbs. Sprinled with tasty cheese and baked in the oven on med for half an hour.

Jill, you could lightly flour them and then melt a small amount of butter in the pan and lightly fry or make boat out of foil and place the fish into the boat and then bake in the oven with some butter and lemon slices. Leaving the top of the boat slightly open , so the fish will steam
default_smile.png
let me know how they go
default_smile.png

Stufefd Zhuccinis.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Ryan, your dinners always look and sound so good!

I did our flounder in foil in the oven, but didn't have fresh lemons. I used lemon pepper and a little butter on top. It was good, but next time (maybe tonight!), I'm going to flour it and pan fry it like you suggested. It's frozen but in individual vacuum packaging, so easy to thaw as needed / wanted
default_eat.gif

We're having a better than every day lunch / brunch with the leftover ham and homemade pancakes with too much real butter and low sugar maple syrup.

I've got a boneless turkey breast in the crock pot for tonight and will fix carrots and mashred potatoes to go with it. We'll have plenty left over for another dinner or two and turkey wraps / sandwiches for lunches. Since Harvey set out a can of sugar free blueberry pie filling on the counter, I'm guessing he wants blueberry dump cake for dessert. He's such an arm twister!
default_eat.gif

Wishing everyone a happy Valentine's Day!
default_wub.png

Had my SIL her husband and two children for dinner last night. I wanted them to try some of the things I have been growing this summer. I didnt take pictures, so ill explain what I made and Ill highlight the ingredients that came out of my garden.

• Marinated Japanese BBQ Chicken Thighs
  • Honey, Soy and sweet Chili marinated Chicken strips ( also made from Thigh)

• Stuffed Zucchini ( Sun dried tomatoes, double smoked ham, Onion, capsicum, greek basil, standard basil. fetta and tasty cheese) Made these using the long green Zucchinis
  • Apple Zucchinis, stir fried with chili chorizo ,lemon thyme snow peas and pesto
  • 4 Hour slow cooked roasted rosemary potatoes with kale slaw and sour cream
  • Garden salad with Cucumber, cherry tomatoes, capsicum , Nashi pears, fetta cheese. Dressing was made from lemon juice, banana passion fruit, olive oil and a little raw sugar.

I found a photo of the apple zucchini before I cooked with it, correct me if im wrong , does it have another name ?

default_eat.gif

Zucchini.JPG

Ryan, I have never seen those. Interesting though.

I cooked a Valentines Day meal of baked salmon and made the wacky multi colored rotini salad. My husband did great on finding the way to my heart via chocolates...strawberries dipped in milk chocolate, dipped in white chocolate, strawberry chocolate fudge, and other chocolate candies all from a specialty shop here that has so many scrumptious things.

That all sounds good!

I've never cooked squash before but like it at restaurants. I will put it on my grocery list. I love veggies and this would be a nice one to include here.

We're having leftover turkey breast, gravy, mashed potatoes, and carrots. I made some banana bread for dessert.

We're getting a snow storm so it will be nice to have a cozy kind of of dinner
default_eat.gif

Left-over beef noodle soup for supper tonight. PIcked up fixings for tacos for supper tomorrow night, need to thaw out some hamburger (I hate to fast thaw in the microwave, if I don't have to).

Going to try something new out of my 5 ingredient cookbook. Sesame Chicken Fingers. Made a Citrus Berry Shortcake today as a late Valentines treat. Wanted to make it yesterday but was exhausted mentally and physically from traveling Friday and Saturday round trip to show respect for the unexpected passing of a dear friend who was married to my soul sister (we share a lot including birthday celebration and first name).

Slow cooked some pork steaks in the crockpot then transferred so a pan with a sauce made of golden cream of mushroom soup, onions, and fresh sliced baby bellas. Pot of pinto beans and some cornbread completed the meal.

It's way too early but I'm a!ready thinking of dinner. I'm making a pork loin crock pot recipe. It's so easy and the best tasting meat dish I know how to fix. Will have mashed sweet potatoes and peas with it. We'll have leftovers for another dinner or two and wraps or sandwiches as well. We had this at a family Christmas meal and it was big hit with my sister's family.

This is it... I use onions tho instead of shallot.

THE BEST CROCK POT PORK TENDERLOIN

http://www.whiskingmama.com/the-best-crock-pot-pork-tenderloin/

Shoot, shoot, shoot... I'd forgotten there's an at a restaurant b-day dinner for H, his dad, and brother this evening. Pork tender loin will be our crock pot tomorrow. Chili's tonight.

PS it's not H's, nor his dad's or brother's birthday today but soon. Didn't want it to sound like I'd forgotten Hervey's birthday! They always do a family thing for the three (2/19 & 2/26... Two share a birthday.)

Prawn and pork dumplings here last night.

Not sure what will be on the menu tonight as I really need to go and do some food shopping on the way home from work.

Its 9:30am friday morning and im already thinking about dinner
default_eat.gif
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back