What's For DINNER Tonight?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think we'll polish off the pork with wraps for lunch. I set some chicken legs out for dinner. Oven BBQ legs, homemade mashed potatoes, and either carrots or green beans. Might make an apple dump cake for dessert
default_eat.gif

We're being bad. Had to run some errands and picked up chicken mcnuggets on the vway home... Bad, bad, bad me. I love them. Had mashed potatoes and green beans with them and might just go for broke and have icecream later. I plan to do better tomorrow!

Last edited by a moderator:
Last night was Pork and apple cider sausages served with a Zucchini, tomato, onion cassarole baked with bread crumbs on top. Scalloped potatoes. I had no cream so thought Id be adventurous and try doing them in coconut cream.

I got a thumbs up from the critics here
default_thumbup.gif

I have left over of the cassarole so will be having that with something I grab on the way home from work
default_smile.png

Planning to put the chicken legs to use here like I planned yesterday before being tempted by McDonald's. It's good that it's at least a 15min drive or it would happen more often!

Lamb Kofta served with a Mango, Apricot and coriander chutney and Salad
default_eat.gif

(the first lot I cooked , i had burnt them so badly , they looked like charcoal fire starters
default_new_rofl.gif

lamb Kofta.JPG

I almost never fry foods. Last night was an exception. Fried shrimp, fried calamari, fried hushpuppies. At least the slaw was healthy...carrots, raisins, cabbage, zucchini, onion, with dressing of ginger, rice vinegar, stevia, and olive oil. Also made dessert lemon cream cheese bars.

Tonight will be redeeming myself by making beef broccoli. Sticking to my waste not want not thinking will likely be incorporating mushrooms, carrots, and green onion. Recipes I am looking at call for oyster sauce which I do not have. Maybe will try using fish sauce?? Feeling adventurous.

Made a massive Zucchini pie/omelette Sat night that we had with some crusty bread. There was heaps of left overs for dinner last night after a BIG day at the Tooradin horse trials.

Fish sauce will work Fine Vickie. Love using fish sauce in meals, its just the smell when it hits the pan that just about makes you run out the front door
default_new_rofl.gif

Tonight , im not sure at this stage , Im trying to be really good with eating healthy options for meals at the moment , ill admit some days are better than others lol

Tonight will be left overs from two previous meals.

Penne pasta made with ground pork being one. Buffalo wing soup being two. This soup is so easy and has become a favorite. It begins with a 3 pound rotisserie chicken. Just remembered that I still have some chicken I did not pull. Sounds like a chicken salad will come of that. Frugal dugal!

You guys are making me hungry, but not for what I've set up for dinner!

We're having oven BBQ chicken legs (again), mashed potatoes, and California blend mixed veggies.

I really gotta stop reading this thread first thing in the morning
default_eat.gif
default_eat.gif
default_eat.gif

Last night was Butter chicken , though it was more like Butter zucchini rather than chicken.

Tonight I'm making homemade Pizzas , I have some lamb back straps and fresh beetroot at home, will pick up some goats cheese, Rocket leaf and some other bits and pieces on the way home from work.

I need icecream too, its my biggest weakness. Ive been trying to be really good so havent been buying any, but apparently my moodiness warrants a trip to buy some, so Ive been told
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif

I got my ice cream fix and then some, I bought a gallon of vanilla at Albertson's, there new store brand, Lucerne, is really good (many store brands are flat to me, but this one is good). And, I have Nestle Quick chocolate syrup to top it with, if I want it (which I usually do)/.

We are having chicken something or other for supper, I haven't planned that far ahead, all I've done is thaw the package of boneless breasts.

Got my fix
default_smile.png
caramel/ toffee with chunky biscuits and because cookies and cream was right in front of me , I just couldnt walk off without grabbing that too
default_smile.png

Dinner was, soft shell tacos with Hoi Sin beef , fresh cucumber, tomato, carrot and coriander.
default_eat.gif

We're having pizza tonight. One of those take-and-bake grocery store deli ones. This one has everything on it. I'll fix a tossed salad to go with it. The pizza is so big I know there's enough to share with the dogs and still have leftovers tomorrow.

Already have old faithful things planned for the next few dinners. Some chicken dish tomorrow and then spaghetti sauce looms. Defrosting the meat for the sauce now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back