What's For DINNER Tonight?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Salmon and (same sides as yesterday) sweet potatoes and peas
default_eat.gif

Let's see...this week has been;

Seasoned black beans, scrambled eggs with Feta cheese and tortillas.

A spicy seasoned pork loin, in the crockpot, with julienne cut potatoes, carrots and onion. Even my PICKY husband ate this one!! :-O

Next day was leftover pork, leftover veggies mashed, and a brown gravy made from drippings.

Tonight will be California BLT (just add sliced avocado to a BLT) on multi-grain bread with swiss cheese.

Tomorrow I'm trying a blueberry sausage that was on special and hotcakes.

Yummo Ladies , You make my mouth start watering & begin thinking of dinner ideas before I have even had breakfast.
default_smile.png
default_eat.gif

Made the biggest batch of fried rice last night. Put everything I could possible think of into it and made enough to feed the whole street, so needless to say , leftovers here for the next couple of nights
default_smile.png

Homemade meatballs and Kraft Mac and Cheese. Last minute decision, as hubby was gone all day and getting home late; sometimes when he goes through town he picks up chicken at the deli, but didn't, so I threw together some meatballs.

Kinda being bad tonight... Cheese dogs / hot dogs, potato salad (store bought) and tossed spinach salad. Easy, not very healthy, but feels like it's going to hit the spot.
This is about how we are eating tonight, except it'll be Johnsonville Beef Brauts eaten as hot dogs (Shayne's allergic to pork, and we haven't found a tasty "hot dog" in years, so have turned to the brauts).

Even though I'm crazy enough to love winter, I must craving summer cookout food
default_eat.gif
I've thawed out hamburgers for tonight
default_smile.png

Tonight was home made potato salad and grilled some beer bratwursts. Was so turkeyd out after the turkey and dressing, turkey pot pie, turkey tacos, turkey hoagies. Will not be wanting any turkey for awhile. Thinking steak, or seafood, or pizza this week. And I have enough veggies on hand to have garden salad daily.

Made some chocolate chip cookies today. Somebody needs to hide them from me.

It's Superbowl Sunday here, and even though I'm not a football fan, Harvey is and I don't like to miss an opportunity to make special food
default_smile.png

I made a vegetable dip using cream cheese, sour cream, green chilies, and a little garlic powder. We are having that with carrots, grape tomatoes, and bell pepper. The main course is chili which is been in the crock pot now for hours and homemade cornbread muffins. There is a blueberry dump cake (used sugar free blueberry pie filling) for dessert
default_eat.gif

Hopefully the chili turned out good! Sending some over to a friend, but as usual, I made a lot of it so we'll be eating it for a few days
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Chicken meat loaf with baked pumpkin, cauliflower and a little something i managed to grow.

To give you an idea how big they got I photographed them on a dinner plate next to a large bottle of malibu.

Im now on the hunt for Zucchini recipes lol
default_smile.png

Jill your superbowl menu sounds great - Hope your team got up if they were playing
default_smile.png

zhuccini.JPG

Oh my. Ryan, that reminds me that I am out of Malibu...love it with any kind of fruit juice. You can make vegan pasta out of zucchini. I also like to make wacky pasta salad out of the tri-colored rotini and zesty Italian dressing. I always dice up some raw zucchini and put in it along with whatever else is on hand...black olives, bell pepper, broccoli, etc. I have a couple of zucchini in the fridge so will likely be making wacky pasta soon unless I decide to use them in a recipe I saw earlier this week for apple zucchini bread.

Super Bowl night we stayed home and I cooked T-bone steaks on the grill.

Tonight I dressed up a frozen pizza I got at Walmart. It started out as buffalo chicken pizza but I added red onion, sundried tomatoes, jalapenos, black olives, spinach, olive oil spray, and cheese. It hit the spot. Had a garden salad with it.

All that sounds really good!

We're having left over chilli, salads, and some fresh cornbread muffins for dinner. Still have leftover desert, too
default_eat.gif

I am so stuffed from lunch that I might skip cooking tonight. We went to visit my 86 year old dad who still fishes a lot. He "fried up a mess of fresh caught catfish." My husband is working on some new dentures for dad so we took all apparatus required for the next phase of building to him. I assisted chair side on the cooking only. Hehe. Dad cleans the fish in the carport area of his shop and cooks them inside the shop. Lately he has to limit his catches because his cancer tires him out to the point that he does not like to clean more than a few at a time before he feels the need to rest. Things like fishing are what keeps him going though.

The next time I cook will be chile rellenos. I have never made them but seems like I order the dish a lot at Mexican restaurants so I am going to try making some. I have some poblano peppers on hand and some thawed out ground beef...so what doth prevent me from experimenting?

Went with a recipe I found for a chili relleno casserole since I do not like to fry (except for fried green tomatoes) much of anything. This is going to be a favorite of ours. You use the broiler to char the peppers then put them in a plastic bag to steam in order to remove the skins. We really did enjoy. Had black beans and sweet corn for sides.

I'm thawing out some frozen flounder fillets. Not the breaded kind, which I know how to bake in an oven! Definitely like that kind. These are just unbreaded fillets can be either baked or pan fried. I know to fix (to our liking) raw salmon, tuna, scallops, and mahi mahi, but have never cooked this kind of flounder. We've been trying to eat a lot more chicken and fish, and less red meat. Not sure how we will make them yet, but they will go with leftover sweet potatoes and canned green beans
default_eat.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back