What's For DINNER Tonight?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today is hubby's birthday so I'm fixing him a steak dinner. T bone and ore ida steak fries in the oven, asperigus,(I am awful at spelling). I'm also making him a coconut cake, it's his favorite.

We're having leftovers, but spaghetti is always better the day after and we put a hurting on it last night. More salad and sour dough bread, too
default_eat.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
H. made a bit of a mess over the top of my flat top stove. He put the pasta and water on the "TurboBoil" ring and boiled over almost half the stove! I told him it was fast.

I pulled some rib eyes out for tonight. Not sure what,s going with them. Ground beef for tomorrow night. Maybe meatballs. Or maybe beef soup in the crockpot.

H decided to take us out to the steak house for supper. Too bad my antibiotics decided to 'clear me out'. They said I could stop taking them. Hope I straighten right up. Gosh I hate drugs. I got to stop reading all the info on the computer on things like side effects and such.

I hope you're feeling better soon after getting off the antibiotics!

I'm making chili today using ground turkey. I want to get it going early and then have it do its thing in their crackpot. Salad and corn bread muffins to go with it. Will be eating chil for a few days
default_smile.png

I think maybe I will see if H will help me make Chili Soup (chili with meat, no beans and thinner sauce) for supper. Not sure if I have enough cornmeal for cornbread. Plain bread otherwise.

We went to Subway for lunch so I had a bowl of corn flakes for supper. Hubby is on his own.......he won't starve as there are lots of left overs in the fridge.

Since I didn't cook last night, I thought I'd do some sort of fish tonight with skillet potatoes. It's gotta be something that doesn't need a lot of work because the race is on during dinner prep time. I know, I'm in Kentucky, I'm supposed to love basketball, but it's not gonna happen. Give me a good NASCAR race and I'm happy.

The Youth group at church had a baked Mostecolli lunch today. I ate with another horse lady. It was nice chatting around the table and I ate more than I thought I would. I should have gone for a dessert. They had some yummy looking stuff there.

Well, I guess it's the rib eyes tonight. Still not sure what with.

I think we'll have turkey chili, salad, and bread for a change tonight (LOL!). I will freeze most of the remaining tonight, but maybe keep out enough to make nachos for dinner tomorrow. I can probably cancel out every bit of healthy in the chili for that possible meal! But those nachos are really yummy
default_eat.gif

Made a roast and served it over bread slices with gravy and lettuce chunks on the side (as well as pickles and cheese for my husband) on Friday and didn't cook again all weekend. In fact I even made him a roast beef and cheese sandwich for his lunch today and have enough left I might have the same. For tonight I'm not sure what to make. I was thinking of Caesar salad and grilled chicken breasts but chili sounds darn good. hmmm... decisions desicions lol.

thinking of runnng to the store and getting some ingrediants to try jill's quick bisquik quiche tonight!

Well, in the end I made neither chicken nor chili. Instead I made bacon and eggs and waffles. The waffles turned out great, helps that at the end of the day I am focused on cooking rather than all the other things like feeding animals that need to be taken care of in the morning lol. Of course I ate alone and my guy is still not home from work , I'll just make him fresh eggs and reheat everything else when he finally gets here.

I think I worked the turkey chili all I can, except I still want to eat it for lunch todaytoday which will take care of maybe 1/3 of what's left.

Dinner is going to be ham steak, green beans, carrots, and the leftovers from this hashbrown casserole I made on Sunday
default_eat.gif

Didn't do the quiche. My ankle was aching so bad I didn,t want off the couch. H ended up making hot dogs and a veg.

I was thinking of making the quiche tonight; but those waffles sure sound good. H likes waffles and we haven't had them in ages!

The thing I dislike the most about cooking every day is deciding what the heck to make. The best part of this thread for me is having everyone else's ideas to give me some choices that might not come to mind. And I agree Jill, can't imagine saying no to waffles lol, I think they are good with syrup or fruit or even with a meat and gravy to go on them.

Didn't do any of them. It seems a plus of the broken knuckle is H is tired of his own cooking or helping me to cook. We went out to the Longhorn steak house tonight. Oh gosh is it good there! Their steaks are so tender and flavorful. The mashed potatoes are the best I have ever had! Whipped up with some sour cream and fine minced parsley with a little puddle of real butter melting in the middle. Their salads have always been fresh and crisp with tasty dressings that are said to be made there. Tonight I had a fresh vegetable medley of thick chunks of yellow squash, zucchini, broccoli florets, carrot slivers and a few sugar snap peas. And sweet tea. No room for dessert-but they have some yummy looking ones. We'll have to get one to go sometime.

I will be home a little late today, so I think it's a frozen pizza and salads kind of a night
default_eat.gif

Latest posts

Back