What's For DINNER Tonight?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spring has sprung around here not too much time to cook, to busy reseeding pastures, cleaned neglected paddocks, brushing out dead hair, well you get the picture. think I'm going to ask hubby to go out and bring home chinese. We don't get any delivery here in the boonies. Happy Holiday ya all.

On Friday, I made 2 batches of crock pot turkey chili. We celebrated my Dad's bday yesterday, and I brought that and these awesome donuts from a bakery in Culpeper. Even though it's never too long since I last made turkey chili, I knew I wanted to send the leftovers home with Mom & Dad, but we'd want some for us... So two batches but the friend we send food to thought it was the best I'd made. We are eating it again tonight with salad and bakery bread.

TOMORROW, we'll be having some tuna noodle casserole, which I've been craving for awhile. Planning to put peas in it and have it with baby carrots and apple sauce. Going to mix it up tonight so it just needs heating tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Made meatballs the other day, so having those tonight, just need to figure out what to have with them. Might make spaghetti and have spaghetti and meatballs.

default_eat.gif

Tonight is left-over tuna noodle casserole (which turned out good -- yay!), carrots, salad, and fresh pineapple.

I am doing hot lunches for a local children's centre and would like to offer them pineapple as a fruit one day but I really dislike it myself so I don't know how to select it or how to peel/core/cut up a fresh one. Anyone got any good pointers?

I love "beanie weanies", and that will be up here soon. One of my favorite comfort foods! I like to slice and brown the hot dogs and add in some green peppers and onions. Great with Jiffy muffins and a salad!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not good at cutting fresh pineapple, but I do love it. H cuts it here, but it has directions attached. T he fresh kind (vs canned) is supposed to be good for digestion.

Well, my digestion will have a better time of it if it isn't trying to hold down a food that makes me feel sick,lol. Still I want the kids to get the chance to experience different things and fresh pineapple is not something a lot of the families will buy for their kids to eat. At least now I can stand the smell and sight of pineapple with out feeling queasy so I think I can cut it up and offer it. I saw fresh precut slices in the grocery store today. I might just go that route. I fed them weiners and baked beans last week lol. Funny how it goes like that sometimes, everyone gets a craving for the same things. This week its pizza with carrot sticks and raw snap peas with apple and orange pieces for fruit.

I'm going to polish off the rest of the tuna noodle casserole for "breakfast". Clearly, I can eat anything for breakfast
default_smile.png
I won't be home from the office before 7pm or so due to a late appointment. I'm craving a McDonalds fish sandwich, and there is a Micky Dees right in the way home... And it's 2 for 1 on those now. I can't promise I'll bring one home to H! I don't even want to look up how many calories and bad things are in those sandwiches!

Maybe that chicken stuffing casserole tonight. H loves that. He's been in the hospital for a few days, and I've not really cooked. A coworker accident my scliced his foot with a machete. It broke some bones and tore tendons. He had a 5hr surgery and got 2 plates and 12 pins put in. He'll be off work for 2mos it looks like now, but may need a 2nd surgery and if so then out longer. He will go stir crazy... But with him gone a few days, just was really busy, worried and not interested in cooking.

Went the old hot dog route again last night. Usually we rarely eat hot dogs. Maybe when I get full use of my hand again...

H had to help me this morning before he could leave for his job. Making slocooker beef stew, butter bits rolls and Bisquick cherry cobbler for tonight. Having my Mom and her gentleman over for supper-early Easter. Tomorrow night we are having my son and his fiance and the two kids over (saving my Mom and friend's nerves since the 6 year old is pretty hyper! LOL!). We are having chicken breasts (hopefully on the grill) and chicken nuggets for the 6 year old, buttered corn, cheesy party potatoes, deviled eggs and pound cake with fresh strawberries and whipped cream. Easter baskets for the kids.

Ok, where is everyone and their dinner reports? It got pretty quite here the last week or so.

Really nothing new here, since we raise it, we eat a lot of beef, and I'm running out of ideas for preparing it that hubby will eat and don't bore me. Boring for tonight, but he likes it, he's getting sloppy joes, I think I'll east left-over pasta hotdish.

The other night I made Baked rissoles , which is very popular at home. And the best thing was there was leftovers last night which went down just as good.

Brown Rissoles on both sides then place in a casserole dish , Layer them with Onions, Zucchini, Cherry Tomatoes.

In bowl, combine the following- 1 can of chopped Tomatoes, 1 can of Tomato Soup, Dried Oregano, Fresh Basil, Salt & Pepper. Stir together then pour over the Rissoles and vegies.

Cook for 1 hour on 180 Degrees Celsius . So easy to make and tastes delicious.

default_yes.gif

OMG! Jill I just read your post. That is awful! Not only bad for him, but you know how men are when injured, you are in for trouble. Good luck and hang in there.

Last night we had southern fried chicken with country gravy, mashed taters and green beans. I'll be glad when I finally runn out of green beans. Looking so forward to zuccinni once it grows.

What are Rissoles? Sounded good.

I haven't been making anything real interesting. I am still wearing my hand splint, but started some PT for it. It sure is tender at the break site. I can do more with it though. We were also gone for 4 days to Midwest Horse Fair in Madison, Wi. The hotel had yummy breakfast choices. We ate out each night-so good.

I plan to start trying a few new recipes in the next two weeks though. I will let you know if anything is extra yummy or easy. It's windy windy and gray with rain predicted all week. Two of the minis had to be body clipped for horse fair, so they are stuck inside, blanketed. Yuck. H will be doing stalls all week. Not sure if I could manage. I can't use a lot of pressure on that hand yet in that way. I would like to help more again. H looks so wore out.

Jill, I'm sorry to hear about your husband's injury, wow, hope he heals quickly with no complications. Performancemini, how did you do at the show? Hope it was a lot of fun. I haven't made anything too interesting lately either. Cooked a turkey dinner on Easter Monday and then used the left overs for several days. Last night I made steak, mashed potatoes (with creamcheese and garlic) and green beans (which didn't cook thro properly so had a bit more crunch than I like but...) Tonight I might make something with chicken or maybe perogies as well as broccoli and cauliflower.

Latest posts

Back