What Are You Reading This Winter?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All of you readers and no one has a shelfari? Lol. I am obsessed with reading! I have tons of books and a whole lot more on my wishlist. My poor hubby doesnt even have to ask what I want for birthdays or Christmases, he just wants to know 'how many'. :) I am going through a Young Adult phase right now, and I hope to start the Blood Coven series after I finish my current book.

I hadn't heard of Shelfari before now. I googled it and it sounds like a really neat idea!

I love it! You get your own personal bookshelf (through amazon) and add all the books you read/own, then you can hook up with friends, and keep up with what they are reading. Perfect for a bookworm who's always on the lookout for something new to read. You can converse about the books on each others wall (kinda like a novel based facebook). I don't talk to people often but I do like to follow what others are reading. If you start a bookshelf, let me know so I can 'follow' you. :)

Susanne, you will be most happy to know that Explosive Eighteen has Janet back in her rare fighting form. I had missed the feel of the earlier books as well, but kept faithful to her anyway and 18 was worth the wait.

The new movie One For The Money comes out on January 27, I'll be beating a path to see it as soon as it comes out.
That's great to know, Jody -- have to add that to my wish list!

Who will be playing Stephanie in the movie? And who is directing?

I think it's Kathren Heigel(sp?) playing Stephanie, But directing? I just saw the trailer last night and it looked fun!

Just finished the book The Help by Kathryn Stocket. It's well known as most of you know it was made into a movie. I actually saw the movie before i read the book. They are both wonderful and I recommend you read and see the movie!
default_yes.gif

Now for you cat lovers I am reading a new book called Cleo by Helen Brown. It's said to be the next Marley and Me. Though that made me not really want to read it as I read Marley and Me and saw the movie and bawled my eyes out! Maybe I'm just a softy
default_laugh.png
So far the book is great so I recommend it.

LOVE LOVE LOVE the Stephanie Plum books! I'm reading #17 now, I like most all of the popular ones mentioned in this topic as well.. BIG Stephen King fan and most of James Pattersons.

I'm a big Western book reader too and have read everything by Zane Gray. Louis L'Amour was OK but not my favorite. Right now my favorite western author is William Johnstone, so far I love All the series he has put out.

I finally finished the Inheritance Cycle (Eragon) and loved it. I'm not usually one for fantasy, but I found myself being wrapped up in the books and not being able to put them down. (Finished the first three books in a week and the last book in less than 44 hours).
wink.gif
Thanks...Just downloaded it on my Kobo; I think that will be my Mexico reading
default_yes.gif

I just wanted to chime back in here and thank the LB folks who told me about the Stephanie Plum books! I am almost done with #18, and have the two "Diesel" books I'm going to read next, and then pick another series to enjoy. It was a blast being able to read them all back to back but now, you know, I won't appreciate a cliff hanger ending on #18 as much as I did on 1-17 when I could start the next book immedially after the prior
default_biggrin.png

I'm going to have to pick up a few of those to read! I'm running low on books to read this summer-will have to go through this thread and write a few down
default_smile.png

Well I read the Hunger Games trilogy which I loved. I have read the Stephanie Plum series, all 18 of them and really really enjoyed. I went to the movie, the first book, and was thoroughly disappointed with poor acting. I am reading a trilogy now, the erotica books the first being 50 shades of gray and am not very impressed. I am not a prude by any means but the erotica parts are getting old if you know what I mean. I will finish the trilogy, only because I bought the books but I truly do not recommend them.

I haven't read all this thread(as I usually do before posting), but see that the most recent entries are very recent, and so is my acquisition of the latest Stephen King book...which I am halfway through, and LOVING it! Called 'a Dark Tower novel', it is titled "The WInd Through the Keyhole" and it is compelling reading! I hope he will do more on this theme( a return to the world of Roland and his group of followers, basically!) Jill, a head's up to you and all other King fans here!!

Margo

Just downloaded Stephanie Plum book 1 for my kindle. 18 of them ey? That should keep me busy for a while! I like Stephen King too....let me get through these 18 first....lol.

Thanks for the heads up on the 50 shades of gray....I was considering trying it, I will cross that one from my list.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoping to soon pick up Her Mother's Hope and the conclusion Her Daughter's Dream by Francine Rivers. I am spoiled by audio books and unfortunately with these two will be paperback and I will have to read. Bummer!

I also appreciate the heads up about the Grey books as I was thinking of them, too.

Plum is so much fun!!! I wish I had 18 more to read (well, listen to!).

I've got the audio downloaded for the Wind Through The Keyhole and hadn't started it yet. I'm almost done with the latest Sookie Stackhouse Novel (#12), so will start the new SK one -- probably tonight. I had been thinking about holding off. I was (maybe one of the few who was) statisfied very much with the ending of the Dark Tower series. I loved the ending and thnk I got it... I am thinking this is like #4.5 in order of events, and I wasn't sure I would get back into it easily and remember what was happening with who back then, but probably will (???). Roland is my favorite fictional character
default_yes.gif
I've loved the series, nearly on a religious level, and thought it was complete so hadn't totally gotten my head around another one. From what Margo says, it sounds like I'll love it and be wanting more afterall
default_smile.png

I'm reading "The Passage" by Justin Cronin. WOW!!! Jill! You would LOVE it!

Oh yes Matt, I read that last year and fixing to read it again soon, part 2 comes out this fall I believe...awesome book!

default_smile.png
. Beautifully written, thought-provoking, tension-filled epic novel....

Latest posts

Back