What are you reading RIGHT NOW?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know, I seriously just came to The Circle right now because I was going to post a 'Jill Must Have Been Kidnapped' thread. Lol! Glad to see you've returned safe and sound. ;)

It should be safe to read here, I haven't seen any spoilers for 77 except in the top thread for discussion. I actually ended up enjoying the book, and even spent an extra day thinking about it before starting my next story. So it was a good choice Jill.
default_smile.png
Can't wait till you and Sonya read it.

RiverRose, that wasn't the book I was thinking that it might be, although it does sound good. Is it a series? Or his novels just always focus around the Sigma force?

You know, I seriously just came to The Circle right now because I was going to post a 'Jill Must Have Been Kidnapped' thread. Lol! Glad to see you've returned safe and sound. ;)

It should be safe to read here, I haven't seen any spoilers for 77 except in the top thread for discussion. I actually ended up enjoying the book, and even spent an extra day thinking about it before starting my next story. So it was a good choice Jill.
default_smile.png
Can't wait till you and Sonya read it.
Phew! I was worried and starting to almost dread it worrying it wouldn't be good and I was the one who suggested it might be a good choice. I thought I was on the last book in my series until I double checked before my post. I thought I was on 10, but I'm on 9. I had been draaaaging it out a bit, but will get on with it since I feel better about 77 now!

It's not part of a series, but he does use the same characters on the force that is. This is the third book of his that I've bought, one was on the Sigma Force, but the other was not. The first one of his I read was The Devil Colony and the one that wasn't about the Force is Alter Of Eden. The Alter of Eden is about a female Vetrinarian and some animals that have been genetically altered.

I decided to start 77 on my way home! I think the other books is to a point where I can pick it back up and remember what was going on. So far, I do like 77
default_yes.gif
just started Chapter 3, so very early into the book.

Last night (while not sleeping due to a queasy tummy) I re-read Making Waves by Tawna Fenske. I know romance isn't a popular genre around here, but I can't imagine there is many who wouldn't be entertained by this book. Very, very funny, definitely romantic comedy - emphasis on comedy.

I'm reading "Eldest" by Christopher Paolini, it's the second book in a trilogy. If you're a Lord of the Rings fan, I would recommend these books.

Oh me too, I still enjoy reading books for younger people, and I'm 56! Ha. I bought the old Walter Farley book, "The Island Stallion" a few years ago, I re-read that and enjoyed it all over again.

Remalie, how are those Eragon books? I have the first three already but havent read any of them. I also have the Hobbit/LOTR books, but need to read them too. I get sidetracked a lot when it's time to start new books. Lol

I like the Eragon books quite a lot, they're not as riveting, or quite as good, as the Lord of the Rings, but then the LOTR have always been my very favorite books, so I am pretty biased if I have to compare anything to the LOTR, nothing will ever come close, ha. I read the LOTR back in 1972 (along with The Hobbit), BEST books ever. I've read the LOTR at least twice now. But, the Eragon books, I think, are really, really good... lots of interesting characters and a great storyline.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since I have two months off during summers, I think I'll try to devote ths coming up one to reading the LOTR books. They're just so big....I kinda feel intimidated. Lol

After reading The Hobbit, I was hooked, I couldn't wait to get the Lord of the Rings trilogy. That was back in 1972 (oy!) when I was 16, I pretty much never came out of my bedroom for months, ha, I could not put those books down.... I read every night, and day, for hours and hours. They're still the best books I have ever read, I don't think anything will ever top the Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings for me. They are so well-written, and I love Tolkien's sense of humor in the books. Once you start reading, you won't be able to stop.
default_smile.png

I started Blood LIne today, it's miserable outside, it has me hooked. I really like the dog named Kane he is wonderful! Probably won't get back to it till tomorrow, need to do chores, and cook dinner, but I can't wait!

I'm reading Kathy Reich's latest, Bones Are Forever. I love her series and this book is really good so far!!!

Remali, have you read any of Tolkien's other books? I love the LOTR books so much I've thought about buying some of the others for some history. I think he wrote something like 17 total so i'm just afraid i'll never come back to the real world.

Riverrose, I just bought a book today called Bloodline, but this one is supposedly a sequel to "Dracula" (by a different author). I got all excited thinking it was the same one you were reading, but then I read some reviews and found out it isn't. Lol.

Just finished The Time Traveler's Wife... a little disjointed until you get into the swing of it but really good. And starting Low Pressure by Sandra Brown.. have read and liked several of hers.

Jan

Obviously, I'm on something different now than before. Right now, I'm on #6 of J.D. Robb's "In Death" futuristic crime series. There are TONS of books in this series and so far, I'm loving them! Just going from finishing one to starting another is like a big, soft, fluffy robe or whatever = a good comfort zone. These books are very entertaining!

I just started The Faraway Horses by Buck Brannaman. I tried to read Lone Wolf by Jodi Picoult but the print is too hard on my eyes. My hubby has the flu so maybe that's my problem that's bothering my eyes. After I read Buck's book my next one is The Forgotten by David Baldachhi. I've never been able to get into his books, so giving this one a try. Meanwhile I keep browsing Amazon, wanted to try to get to B&N but forecast is for more snow. Next day off, a big storm is supposed to hit. Maybe someday I'll get there!

I just started Practical Magic by Alice Hoffman. The book-based movie stars Nicole Kidman and Sandra Bullock. I love the movie, so I decided to read the book. I'm eight pages in, and loving it. The author has such a beautiful descriptive way with words.
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back