Book Series? Recommendations? Chat?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jill

Aspiring Cowgirl
Reaction score
Are any of you into series when it comes to books, and if so, what are some of your favorites?

I'm WAY into them... I love being able to conclude one books and dig right in to another the way you can when it's a series.

These are some I've enjoyed:

• The Dark Tower / Gunslinger books but Stephen King
  • Tempe Brennan series by Kathy Reichs
  • Kay Scarpetta series by Patricia Cornwell
  • Dexter series by Jeff Lindsay
  • Sookie Stackhouse (a/k/a Southern Vampire / True Blood) by Charlaine Harris
  • The Talisman and Black House by Stephen King
  • Frankenstein by Dean Koontz
  • Harper Connelly series by Charlaine Harris

Just recently, I have started the Stephanie Plum books by Janet Evanovich based on recommendations I got here. LOVING them. Just started the second book.

Hope I spelled things right... I listen to audio books, vs. read paper / Kindle when it comes to pleasure reading. Unabridged so I don't miss anying... It's BLISS to be read to.

I've got the collections by JD Robb (a/k/a Nora Roberts -- here futuristic forsenics series), Terry Prachett, Jonathan Kellerman, Kelly Armstrong, and Christine Feehan,

For anyone who does like audio books, you may want to check out http://www.skaudiobooks.com/ I've been ordering from this place for 3+ years and it sometimes takes awhile to get an order, but you cannot beat the value. You can get entire "Complete Works Of..." for $50... MP3 format.

What series have you all enjoyed???

Read any good books lately???

Freedom series ~ Ann McCaffery

Pern ~ Ann McCaffery

The Night's Dawn ~ Peter Hamilton

Pandora's Star and the other books in the set ~ Peter Hamilton

Many of the Star War's trilogies, with the authors like Timothy Zhan.

There are a number of other's but those are the ones I can remember off the top of my head.

A Song of Ice and Fire series by George R. R. Martin

The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins

Lois

There can't just be three of us that like to read books?

Me,, right now anyway... mostly interested in Sci-Fi.

I like a good murder and have just started reading books by Jo Nesbo. He has been called "The Next Stig Larsson". The hero is a very flawed Harry Hole.

I'm terrible with author names. Connolly, I think, is another one I like.

I've got the Hinger Games and the Larson Trilogy but had put them on the back burner. Sounds like I need to take them up to the front! And I'm glad to hear JD Robb series is good and of course I'm partial to the name of one of the lead characters even if he (she?) lost the O'!

I like Alex Cross series by James Patterson, and he also writes a series called the Womens Murder Club. I do like to read Dean Koontz, everything, and Steven King.

Great little "quick read" murder and who-done-its are the Sue Grafton books, so far, "A -V"...I haven't yet read "U" and "V". Oh yes, Dean Koontz for sure.

Latest posts

Back