Want to talk about Nationals...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Magic Marker Minis

Reaction score
I've just started watching, starting with 'youth.' I note there appears to be three types of driving (not including roadster). Western Country Pleasure, Country Pleasure, and Pleasure...

So, what's the difference between Western Country Pleasure and Pleasure? And if there is no difference, why'd they add it?

Still not real sure the difference between Country Pleasure and Pleasure... I understand that 'Pleasure' is supposed to be faster, higher action, but I'm just not seeing it - at least at the 'under' level...

Also saw that most of the carts are Jerald types with black patent boots... But one had wooden wheels and boot...

It can be very slight difference, and harder to achieve more extreme movement in the under Pleasure.

There is additionally Park harness, which is more animated than Pleasure.

Wooden wheels are more appropriate for Country or Western. The added weight is tough to really show off the Pleasure horses and Park harness, a viceroy is more appropriate than a Jerald type cart.

The western country pleasure class horse is SUPPOSED to look like a western pleasure Quarter horse moving. Low smooth action, headset/poll to be even with the withers or no more than 5" above them. No extreme flexion of the poll/nose.

Latest posts

Back