Tease Looking Close? Maybe? Hopefully?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is she still acting fine? I saw her yesterday being up and nursing quite well. Wouldn't she be more depressed if the fever would come from being sick?. Maybe the OSU vet is right!?

Grrrrr ....doesnt it just make you want to spit ! and I was so looking forward to hearing that they were both outside nibbling the grass - poor tease must be bored sick and poor annie hasnt had chance to really enjoy life yet

Wow I believe you are being a little harsh on the OSU Veterinary Hosp especially since none of us have actually spoken with them or Dr Meuse and I believe that he would have made the referral to take Annie up to OSU as he does have a facility in which she could have gone to_OSU has saved many equine and has probably saved Annie also. What a shame to refer to these vets as morons. We make not agree or even like it but whether it be human or animal these facilities think with their brain not their emotion. Good Luck to Annie and those responsible for her care

OSU, Dr Meuse Kay

Arlene

Diane loves this baby like it was hers so I think it is understandable if she flies off in such a difficult situation. We have ALL lost a lot of sleep in the past few months due to these foals and lets face it what can be worse than a tired woman???. (When we aren't tired we are perfect )
shutup.gif

Diane, you have invested a lot of time, sleep, and emotion over tease and annie, I believe you deserve to over react every once in a while
default_smile.png
that being said, as a pre vet student also looking into med school, no way you can get into either with less than a 3.5 gpa and excellent gre score. All schools I have looked into do not allow you to get your doctorate with less than 3.0 gpa
default_smile.png
so no D students practicing medicine, at least not recently-i suppose I do not know how it was in the past.

Oh dear this is all a bit disapointing, and I'm not sure if I can understand why she was sent home from OSU with virtually new (oral) drugs, one would have thought that they could have kept her another day or two to check on her reaction?

And I know I would have been angry with the OSU vet laying the blame for Annie's temperature on "minis and the issues associated with minis" as if it is a general happening. She/he might not have meant it unkindly, but when you are already tearing your hair out and stressed up to your eyeballs, a little thought and 'bedside manner' before opening your mouth wouldn't go amiss. I had a locum vet up here one day who answered a mobile call from her centre about her next call. She said down the phone "I'm just dealing with a problem with one of these Shetland THINGS"! I wanted to hit her!! Wrong words spoken in the hearing of a worried owner.
default_unsure.png

Really hoping that someone can get our precious Annie back on track for a full recovery, continuing with the prayers.
default_yes.gif

Anna

There is no doubt that OSU is a top notch facility and I do believe that her stay there saved her. Like Diane who has been with me since day 1 I am just really frustrated. her vet there really cares about Annie and did feel bad that she relapsed so quickly.

I can absolutely see a newborn or preemie foal having trouble regulating its temp, but I dont think its good to say her resp rate and temp are high because shes a "mini". Annie is almost 2 weeks old now. While there are many issues particular to miniatures I do not believe this is why Annies temp and resp rate are high.

I did let them out on grass for about an hour last night while it was cloudy and cool. They both seemed to love getting out but Tease really wanted to go be with her herd mates and that just isnt possible right now.

Diane you know I adore you! Sometimes we all have to vent at one time or another. I know after last night I needed a good vent!

Im getting ready to retake her temp ughh this time of day is when it usually spikes

We have ALL lost a lot of sleep in the past few months due to these foals and lets face it what can be worse than a tired woman???. (When we aren't tired we are perfect )Posted Image
So well said Eagle!

Last edited by a moderator:
It was slightly up (102.4 which is better but they both said anything over 102 (even if its hot out) is a fever

Just wondering what about a baby aspirin for her temp.

Is it possible to ask your vet?

Thanks for sharing the video so adorable.

What a little beauty.
default_wub.png
I'm so sorry her temp is up.I just really don't understand, but am still praying for Annie. Tease looks like I'm out
default_biggrin.png
and I'm not ready to go back in
default_no.gif
. They are both adorable. Praying that everything smooths out for you soon. It's been crazy for you I know. Thank you for making the time to keep everybody updated with everything you and your husband have been going through. Hope he is feeling better now.

Thanks so much Hazel. Hubby is on new meds for his RA and seems to be doing better

I really feel bad for Tease she so wants to be with the herd

Annie is on ketafin for her fever
default_smile.png

Not sure what is going on with the little one and i dont think that I have time to read 75 pages lol
default_wacko.png
but she must be something special, and she sure does look like it on that cute little video!!! Sending healing thoughts your way and hope she overcomes
default_wub.png
default_pray.gif

Did you all get to see the dr doing xrays? That machine is incredible. Instant 3d pics of her lungs. He was afraid there might be a lung abcess but they looked good just a small amt of pnemonia left. Temp still up resp rate way up.

He started a new antibiotic shot tonight that she gets again in 4 days. Its a big one so he said she will probably be very sore for the next week. I will keep giving her oral antibiotics and 1 shot per day.

Surely this will knock this out!

Diane, I think you should confess! You are either Wonder woman or you are smoking wacky backy
new_shocked.gif
Do you ever sleep?????
risa_suelos.gif

Ooooo thank you for the video.
default_aktion033.gif

In spite of wanting to rejoin the herd and her friends, I'm sure Tease must have appreciated the spell of freedom - she's really turning out to be a star, bless her.
default_wub.png

To see Annie out with her Momma you really wouldn't know there was anything wrong with her would you? But the poor little girl must be feeling a bit like a pin cushion! Hope the latest big dose of meds will sort things out for good.
default_yes.gif

Glad to hear that Russ is feeling a bit better Kay, he has been a brilliant 'back up' to you over this long Tease and Annie saga - you make a great partnership!

Anna

Back