Tease Looking Close? Maybe? Hopefully?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am so pleased to hear this. Well done Annie.
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
Kay I get paid on Wednesday so I will send a donation too.

Hugs Renee

OH WOW!! This is brilliant news!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Stepping up my prayers that the new meds work their miracle and we shall see Tease and her fighting, kicking, leaping PRECIOUS little Annie, back home where they belong.
default_yes.gif

Anna

Glad to hear that Annie is acting active and making some progress! I am praying that the new antibiotics will kick in and that you will have them home again on Wednesday! Please take good care of yourself after all this stress you had!
default_yes.gif

Great news and I pray they can come home soon
default_aktion033.gif
Prayers are working as little Annie is showing good and healing signs:wink

Blessings,

Jenny

Oh thats just fantastic news and I am so relieved for you all. Cant wait to hear that she will be coming home to you on Wednesday. Just wonderful wonderful news.

Still no word from OSU yet. Dr Muese called though and he says until her resp rate comes down he does not want her to leave OSU. He also left a message up there for the vet. He also recommended we make her a stall in the garage so shes away from dirt and dust until the pnemonia is gone. I sure wish OSU would call because Russ has to make arrangements at work to be able to pick her up.

LOL Now OSU just called. She said her rate is still high off and on but she wonders if that is Annies "normal" Hmmm. They took her catheter out and started oral antibiotics last night and she has done fine. She said she can be picked up after lunch time tomorrow and does not need to be in the garage. Im so confused. She did say she was going to call Dr Muese and discuss all of this with him especially when I told her he was not thrilled with Annie leaving with a high resp rate. But it sounds like shes coming home!!! I am so thankful for that! happy dance!

Great news Kay!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

I'm sorry that you are getting conflicting messages from the vets - hopefully they can get together with their advice. Will it be safe for Tease and Annie to have short spells outside when they come home, I'm sure Tease would appreciate it - she has been such a good and patient girl recently, bless her.

Keeping my fingers crossed (and still saying prayers of course) for tomorrow.
default_yes.gif

Anna

The OSU vet said it would be fine for them to go out for short periods of time but Dr Muese said no. Again conflicting info so I am hoping Dr Muese calls me soon. :arg!

I know poor Tease needs some outside time for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Although confusing thats great news that she is coming home. Fingers crossed it will all go well and I am sure they will be delighted to be back home with you guys

what great news, Im so pleased for you
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah
default_aktion033.gif

I agree with Diane thgough , Id rather leave her for an extra day just to put my mind at rest , no point in taking any chances

Dr Muese just called and hes not happy. OSU pretty much refused to keep her. Her resp rate is still 100!! Yikes. He is coming both thurs and fri to check her and promised me he will get us thru this. I just dont really understand but I will put my faith back in Dr Muese because he will be keeping such a close eye on her.

Im not gonna lie I am a little scared now for her to come home

I so agree Diane! I am going to bed early tonight. We already sterilized her stall as best as we can. But I have to run out and get more straw in the morning. I hate straw! But that is what the vets want so I will do as I am told.

Im still a bit astonished OSU wouldnt keep her another day. So strange.

Im still trying to fix the computer that runs the cam. Hopefully my techie almost son in law will call and walk me thru it.

Don't quite understand OSU's stand on sending her home!!!! Dr Muese will get you through it. I know you're both excited and worried. One step at a time. I do wonder how it will affect her going from the a/c of OSU to the reality of a barn. Wonder if a misting fan would help or hinder. I'm assuming she is not running any fever at this time.

All I can say, can't wait to see her!!!

It does seem strange that OSU want Annie to leave against the opinion of Dr Muese? Perhaps you could have a word with them and get them to state exactly why they feel Annie no longer needs their 'help'? Is it possible that they are happy with Annie's progress to date, but feel that Tease is getting agitated and that Annie is picking up on this, which in turn is keeping her breathing rate 'high' (stress?). Probably not the reason, but one never really knows too much about the interaction between a foal and its Momma.

I know you are worried - I would be too - but with Dr Muese behind you and the fact that Tease and Annie will be a lot happier in their home surroundings, it maybe the answer to Annie's continuing recovery.

Prayers and fingers crossed for you all.
default_yes.gif

Anna

That is very strange that they are sending her home but fingers crossed she will be happy to be home with Tease and that everything will settle down and finally life can get back to normal for all of you.

I am so excited for them both to come home but worried. But I do have faith in Dr Muese. They said Tease has really settled down so I am happy for that. I know Tease is probably going crazy wanting outside. I cant wait to kiss both their noses. Dr Muese said now she can stay in the barn unless we get that oppressive heat again. Its nice and cool here now so that is a wonderful thing.

Jason couldnt help me with the desktop so I am going to try to get the cam running on the laptop until Jason fixes the other one.

Have a safe trip to Columbus!!!! Know you are so excited this morning. Tease will be so glad to be home - can just see she and Annie the first time they are let outside for play. Be sure and give us the "lights, camera, action" when you get home. There are so many of us who have been waiting for this day!!!! YAY!!!

Barbie

Latest posts

Back