Tease Looking Close? Maybe? Hopefully?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C'mon little Annie - you can fight this!

I hope the dr has a great new solution Kay, and that it WORKS for you and for Annie & Tease. I can imagine how disheartening it would be right now to see her going downhill again. What a roller coaster ride.
default_sad.png

I am rooting for little Annie. I was just watching her on cam and she appears to be straining to poo. I don't know if you have given her an enema lately, but it might be a good idea. With spiking fevers and such she could have some hard dry poo that needs to come out.

10:00pm I am seeing a lot of "AnnieTude" for the last 15 minutes or so, she has been running around and nursing.

I have to wonder if she has dreams of becoming a reining horse, cause I would not want to be the one to tell her that it is unlikely for a mini.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys

doc had to work late and then i had to pick up more meds from sallys.

He wants to give the meds the 5 days to work which means continue with this till sat and then we are changing the meds.

If the hock is worse he will treat it and drain it at his place on sat. Not an ideal situation but at least it gives us hope. A lot will depend on how she does tomorrow.

He says that stuff could still kick in and see a big difference as he has seen it before to the end of the 5 days on antibiotics.

he was exhausted as he just got done for the day so I will get more details tomorrow.

If we can just get Annie to progress a bit and hold on till Sat!

I think the joint ill is what is scaring me so badly

Dr said that usually joint ill doesnt show up this quick on a septic foal unless they were septic before they were born. We will have to culture Tease at 30 days as he feels sure this infection is in her uterus

Could someone explain what joint ill is? I read a little article on it, but I don't really understand what it is. Does it commonly go along with septic foals? I really hope Tease and Annie the best. This foaling business sure isn't for the faint at heart, but the few happy moments seems to make it all worth it. I can't imagine what you're going through, but just don't lose faith! It's times like these when having someone to lean on is so important.

Everyones support and encouragement has meant so much to me and my husband. Diane you have been such a great friend and I am so sorry I was a blubbering idiot earlier. Just seemed to come crashing down around me.

Annie looks really good right now and I think like Diane said the night time cool temps really help her. I have to go nurse hubby as his RA is kicking in big time

Please if anyone sees something concerning call or text me 740*644-8748

Thank -you sharing your conerns about the joint ill Kay, now I can make my prayers more specific. It is only 9 pm for me, so I will be watching for a few more hours. Your are very much in my thoughts.

I am so impressed with Tease, it seems to me that she has rallied the Annie several times today to get her up to nurse.

12 Midnight something seemed to scare them. Is it storming there tonight, does anyone know, maybe Dianne? At times it seems that Annie's tail is quieter, or is that my imagination? Once they were done being scared Annie nursed for a few minutes.

We got a colt through joint ill last year. His mother foaled him in the middle of the day and of course she did it right in the dirt before I could move her into the barn. He got joint ill and we didn't think he was going to make it but he fought hard and is just fine!! We also had a filly about 9 years ago. She was horribly ill...had to have shots twice a day for a couple of months. She also made a full recovery.

1:58 am Annie and Tease do not seem to be able to get much shut eye tonight. Tease finally laid down next to Annie just about 15 minutes ago. Something seems to have startled them again. Annie slept longer since she had laid down sooner. She had a really active play period before that.

She was doing the cutest thing. She must have an itchy but, because she was backing into Tease and backed up all the way under her tummy, wiggling her butt the whole way. She did it a few times, one time going under Tease's neck.

2am Annie had a quick nurse and is now down for another nap. Tease is still up and munching her hay.

2:05 Annie is up, stretched and trying to scratch her butt on mom's tummy again. There is no sound with this camera, but I am pretty sure Tease just told her not to do that. So Annie is getting another drink.

I am starting to think that Annie might be one of those Stock type horses. You know up and then down and then up and then down, just like the Stock market. She has been up and down and is now thinking of things that she can do.

Okay that was a new one, she backed up off camera and seemed to be leaning against the wall, the boom back in view launching herself across the stall. She keeps having short nursing snacks. The launching herself, seems to be a new favorite thing to do. Very active cantering now, nice reversals of directions, good bending in the corners, and of course very nice "ANNiEemation" I wonder if she just has her days and nights confused.

Needless to say, prayers are still coming from me for little Annie and for Tease, for you Kay and for your hubby - sorry to hear that he's not well.

And a huge thank you to everyone on this Tease and Annie thread for keeping us so up to date on how things are progressing (particularly you Kay and also Diane).

Anna

My heart is in my mouth now. I am praying here for little Annie but she is such a fighter and the night temps do perk her up a lot.

Fingers crossed, legs crossed and just about anything else I can cross that she will be ok. She just has to make it now.

Got up a little bit ago - first thing I did was check little Annie. She's looking quite frisky this morning. Hope it continues and she is on the road to good health. Prayers continuing!!!

7:13 Tease time, Annie was nursing, Tease nudged her butt and Annie backed around and bucked her mom - I'm loving this!!!!

Thank you all so much for you help watching her. Last night was a long night with hubby. I am so dreading the morning shot. Seems like after the morning shot is when she quits feeling good.

Diane I noticed yesterday that now when I look up articles on septic foals that almost all of them say that with a dystocia birth start antibiotics asap. I so wish I had known that.

Thank you all so much for you help watching her. Last night was a long night with hubby. I am so dreading the morning shot. Seems like after the morning shot is when she quits feeling good.

Diane I noticed yesterday that now when I look up articles on septic foals that almost all of them say that with a dystocia birth start antibiotics asap. I so wish I had known that.

Kay- hoping today is different with the shot. She has done more running and bucking this morning than I have seen before. Do you think maybe the antibiotics may hurt her tummy. I don't know if she is getting anything for ulcers or not. Stomach Soother (Papaya) is wonderful. Can be given with a syringe. All I know is my day started off right seeing her perky!

Annie is going to OSU thanks to some donors. I am just stunned and so touched. It is so hard to accept this help and I feel so bad doing it, but they have expressed that they want to give annie her best chance. Russ is hooking up the trailer. OSU said at this point (since shes limping) hours count and they want her there as fast as possible. We have a big storm hitting so I am hoping that doesnt screw us up. Hubby has to get here there and be at work by 1 so we are cutting it close. I just wanted to let you all know so you know why they are leaving the stall.

I just cannot even say in words what this means to us

Goodluck Kay, Tease and Annie! Your husband is a treasure! We will keep praying for all of you even though we will miss our CAM fixes.

Glad to hear, I hope that the road and weather will be clear before you as you make the trip.

Good luck to Annie!!!!! Big prayers coming your way!!!!! She looked good this morning so hopefully that is in her favor!!!

Latest posts

Back