Tease Looking Close? Maybe? Hopefully?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
Wonderful news!!! I completely agree with Diane. Lil Beginnings members and everyone involved are just the greatest people.

Kay, you have been so wonderful and vigilent with Annie's care and given her the best possible care. She is very lucky to have such a loving, caring and knowledgable mom and dad.

Go Annie!!!!
default_wub.png
Safe trip to all and we'll be seeing you soon.

I am so glad she is getting to go. And thank you so much to those who chipped in to make this happen!

Hoping everything went well with getting her there. Kay, my husband has PA, very similar to RA, and he has terrible flares as well, I really hope he gets to feeling better. Kudos to him for helping!

I just caught up on the whole story. Wow...what a ride...and now more to come? I will be keeping everyone single person involved in my prayers. This little girl has just *got* to make it.

Annie is going to OSU thanks to some donors. I am just stunned and so touched. It is so hard to accept this help and I feel so bad doing it, but they have expressed that they want to give annie her best chance. Russ is hooking up the trailer. OSU said at this point (since shes limping) hours count and they want her there as fast as possible. We have a big storm hitting so I am hoping that doesnt screw us up. Hubby has to get here there and be at work by 1 so we are cutting it close. I just wanted to let you all know so you know why they are leaving the stall.

I just cannot even say in words what this means to us
What wonderful people you are... THANKYOU
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

I think this is the BEST decision Kay for Little Annie and we are all behind you 100%. She will survive! I know that and she has so many prayers with her and We all Love Her Too
default_wub.png

Get better Annie
default_aktion033.gif

Blessings,

Jenny

I'm on pins and needles waiting for an update from Kay, as I'm sure we all are. Thank goodness for the generous donors.

So glad to hear that Annie has gone to OSU - well done everyone!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

I just hope the folks/vets there realise that Annie belongs to the whole world and that we shall be 'watching' their every move.
default_yes.gif
We shall also expect Tease to have every consideration and assistance to make her stay there as stress free as possible!

Hope you made the trip home ok Kay and that hubby didn't find it all too stressful - I'm thinking he deserves a medal for 'over and above the call of duty'. Please thank him for us.

All fingers, toes, paws and hooves crossed here for our precious little girl.
default_wub.png

Anna

default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
WONDERFUL NEWS
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
Im so glad to hear they arrived safe and sound....let the healing move forward.

Kay and Auntie Diane ( well you are Annies Auntie now arent you!! ) I know there may still be some set backs with Annie and she has a little longer to go in her recovery but I just want to thank you for sharing your knowledge and helping all of us learn. Especially people like myself that may be having their first ever foal.

I watched Annies birth and every night for a couple hours ( going back and forth to my own camera ) It was just so hard to see that this little doll baby was so sick.

I pray that I can pick up on these subtle things,notice if things dont "seem" right and act as quickly and aggresively as you did with your home care. For me its that these babies can go down hill quickly and acting as quick as you did saved Annies life.

Annie and Tease will still be in my prayers

And Auntie Diane, you have got to get out there and play with your new baby too!!

P.S. Can someone please send some cool weather down here to S. Florida...please

Please forgive me for copying and pasting but I am exhausted and my nerves are shot.

Wow I dont even know where to begin. First how can Russ and I every thank all of you for your donations and thoughts and prayers. Thank you just doesnt even come close to saying how we feel.

Everything is a bit of a blur now but I will try to relate what I can.

About 5 miles from OSU in downtown Columbus the trailer came off the truck. I have never been so scared in all my life as seeing that trailer fly up and hit the truck. Thank God Russ had a cool head and somehow controlled the truck and trailer and got us pulled off the hwy. Police and OSU vet team came roadside. Assesed Tease and Annie and led us the rest of the way to the hospital. And all of this was during a thunder storm. Guess that was our cherry on top.

They wasted no time caring for both Tease and Annie. All of us are okay and I know we had an angel today watching us.

The vet is encouraged by Annies demeanor and will to fight. She thinks we may have caught the joint ill so fast that they may not have to open the leg. They are going to xray it this afternoon. They got her catheter in (small dog size) and got meds going. They wanted to give Tease and Annie a few hours to settle in before they do more. The head vet will call me tonight but it maybe late as they had lots of emergency horses coming in right after we got there. Sonogram shows a tiny pnemonia in left lung but they said it was so small they were not overly concerned at this point.

I have to again thank Sally Parkinson and Dr Peter Muese for all of their help this week treating Annie on the farm. I am so blessed to know them and have Sally in my life. Shes probably having second thoughts about being my friend
default_smile.png

HOLY #@&%!!!!!!!!!!!

...but if you have to have a snafu, I guess that was the right place to have it happen. I'm so glad you didn't have any injuries on top of the rest!

Here's to Annie and Tease, and I hope you get some uninterrupted sleep and your hub gets some relief from his RA.

Thank you for the update Kay - and I thank that guardian angel for watching over you all today.

I know that you will be worried about both Annie and Tease and that you will probably be in constant contact with the vets at OSU, but please can you also take some time for rest and relaxation - both you and Russ. Over the past few weeks you have both been through and done more than many of us can truely realise - the mere fact that Annie is with us at all is proof of your efforts.

So take a little 'your time' for a few days, sleep, rest and recouperate, you both surely deserve it.

Our prayers will continue for little Annie and I feel sure she will soon be back home, giving her Momma the run around and just being her sweet sassy self.
default_yes.gif

Anna

Diane your pictures so made me smile. thank you for that.

I kissed him many times! He was late to work but finally made it there. I am such a blessed woman.

You guys are the best. Just wish I knew the words to let you guys know how we feel.

We joked at OSU that they had to put a live cam up. I kept trying to explain to them how many people have been praying for Tease and Annie and had watched Annie be born and they just looked at me like I was crazy.

Out of habit I keep bringing the cam up even though I know she isnt there. Well a few mins ago I see 4 mares in the stall having the time of their lives. Apparently we left the barn open when we left. The ladies had quite the barn party. At this point I have to just laugh. Patches of course was the host of the party.

I am off to bed. My whole body hurts. I know I will finally sleep well knowing Annie and Tease are in such good hands.

I told hubby he is resting all weekend and doing no work.

My mother used to say "where there is a will there is a way" so true in this circumstance, wishing you all the best, and get some rest.

On another note, we went to ECMHC Spring Fling horse show this past April, hubby hooked up our goose neck the night before and as we had to leave early, and feed befor the sun came up, I din't check the hitch, just plugged in electric, checked lights and went down the road for a six hour drive. After we arrived and pulled in to camp, I noticed he never locked the hitch! Oh my gosh, thank goodness it didn't come undone, I would have had a heart attack. My grand sons horses were in there and he was with me! Never agian will I leave towing withour checking everything two or three times. Then on the way home I blew a fuse and the running lights wouldn't come on. What a trip!

I'll check back tommorrow on Annie's progress, sending nothing but good thoughts and prayers.

OMG how awfully scary that must have been for you both. So glad that someone was watching over you.

I am so glad to hear that the vets are hopeful that she makes a recovery and looking forward to the updates.

Now you just both need to get some well deserved rest and enjoy a little down time. Enjoy your sleep tonight.

kaykay said:
Annie is going to OSU thanks to some donors. I am just stunned and so touched. It is so hard to accept this help and I feel so bad doing it, but they have expressed that they want to give annie her best chance.
Don't feel bad, Kay. Thank YOU for giving us a concrete way to help!
default_aktion033.gif
We've all felt so helpless sitting here on the sidelines and finally there is something we can do besides pray.

kaykay said:
About 5 miles from OSU in downtown Columbus the trailer came off the truck. I have never been so scared in all my life as seeing that trailer fly up and hit the truck. Thank God Russ had a cool head and somehow controlled the truck and trailer and got us pulled off the hwy. Police and OSU vet team came roadside. Assesed Tease and Annie and led us the rest of the way to the hospital. And all of this was during a thunder storm. Guess that was our cherry on top.
default_new_shocked.gif
:shocked
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif

::quietly has a heart attack in the corner::

OMG! Kay!! Gah!!
default_gaah.gif
default_ohnoes.jpg
I cannot BELIEVE what you and this filly have gone through. Praying up a storm over here.

Leia

Annie Update!

Vet just called. Her igg was only 319!! wow. No wonder she was going downhill! I will never trust a snap test again. The vet did say it could have been good then and because of her fighting infection she used it all up. But I know when the Head Vet talked to me upon arrival he said he never trusts a snap test. She has had her first plasma transfer and will get more sat and sun. No fever and she is nursing and running in the stall. She said they are all in love with her and were so happy to see her perk up.

::quietly has a heart attack in the corner::
I literally thought my heart was going to come out of my chest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Diane-your filly is adorable too! With all you have done with watching and writing and encouraging and more here, I think you deserve to pop in a pic.
default_biggrin.png

Kay-I know God says he won't give us more than we can handle; but it just seems he is putting it on plenty strong to you and yours. He must have something special for you somewhere in his tapestry of life here on earth or hereafter! And perhaps he wanted more of us to put more of our prayers and compassion into practice. I pray that he will give you and your husband rest, peace in your hearts, touch tired and aching bodies and minds and heal his little creation, Annie.
default_wub.png
With all sincerity-performancemini-aka: Sherilyn

Latest posts

Back