Tease Looking Close? Maybe? Hopefully?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh Kay you must be so worried about her. I am going to say another prayer for her and hope the vets can do somthing else for her.

Thank you so much Karina I will take every prayer we can get. Shes such a little fighter and has so much love that she just has to pull thru. Dr Masterson is considered the supreme expert in foal care so I am hopeful about how she can help us. Just so hard to wait

Both of you are fighters. Kay, you for Annie and Annie herself. You have done so much for her Hang in there. Prayers coming your way for all of you

I'm not happy either to see this. Prayers for her to bounce back again. Come on Annie!

(((((HUGS))))

I have to tell you all that the Dr called and had a heart to heart with me. She said Annies chances are very slim. There really is nothing more she can do here at the farm to treat Annie. She said we can certainly keep treating at home but she had to be honest and tell me that her chances are slim especially if we cannot take her to OSU. Sally is my good friend and just didnt have the heart to tell me

Her vet bills here at the farm have already run high so going to OSU is not an option.

My heart is broken. I am going to keep trying and doing everything I can here on the farm but I know watching her on cam she is not bouncing back today.

The at home meds are the strongest ones they have to fight sepsis so the fact that they are not working is not good.

Thank you all so much for caring about Annie and Tease

OMG! I was going to try and tell you about my exerience with a septic foal born last year during a heat wave, 105 degrees, but after I read your post it seems mute. I'm so sorry, ther aren't any words, my heart is breaking for you. Nothing else to say.

Oh Kay I am so sorry to be hearing this news
default_no.gif
...I know that you trust these folks, but have you thought about getting different opinions? There might just be someone out there willing to help save Little Annie! I am about at tears and can't believe with all the vets knowledge that they can't help her.

Since Kay can't afford to go to OSU why don't we set up a Little Annie fund so that Kay can take her..what do you think? We can't let this little Angel die without trying something else and this is the only possible solution I can think of. PM me okay!
default_wub.png

Prayers are sorounding Little Annie
default_pray.gif
:pray
default_pray.gif

Blessings and HUGS<sniff>

Jenny

Come on Annie - fight for your life!!!!! Kay, hugs and prayers coming your way!!! A couple of years ago I had a foal born who developed pneumonia. What a fight - 3 shots a day plus banamine in the mouth and ulcerguard. One thing my vet sugested was clipping my filly because of the heat and the fever. Just grasping at straws here and hoping for the best.

Barbie

Karla in all my years I never knew that either but they say its standard in big horse foaling. They also said foals that take longer than 3 hours to nurse should be given antibiotics. I told him we have never done this but he said we had just been lucky.
Who are "they"? I worked at a big Thoroughbred breeding farm - and that was not done. I checked with a friend who works at a large Warmblood breeding farm - not standard there, either. So I am not sure if that is just that vet's opinion - but it does not seem to be "standard" - look at how many of us have been foaling out for many many years (and breeds other than minis) and have never heard of such a standard... it was very rare that the Standardbred foals I worked with years ago EVER got their act together and nursed within "normal" time frames... and they were never given antibiotics just as a matter of course...

I'm hoping Annie rallies - babies can be very resilient...
hug2.gif

Kay, I don't read this topic all of the time, it seems to grow so fast, so didn't realize that your filly had taken a turn for the worse. I am just sick for you about your Annie. I am sending up prayers for wellness and strength. For all of you! HUGS!!!!

She had a good nurse about 20 minutes ago, followed mom around stall. Kay was just in and temped her - let's hope and pray for a good update.

Watching her run laps around the stall, its good to see her up and moving again. Have the vets considered giving her an iv port that her meds could be injected into instead of poking her everytime?

Im so sorry to hear this news Kay. Annie has beat the odds so far, so i really hope that her fever was just another set back, and she starts to improve again. I see its 7pm there now, so things would be starting to cool down, and i see little Annie racing around the stall and playing. I hope she is feeling a little better and makes big improvements through the night.

I saw you in taking her temp about 15mins ago, i hope it has come down.

your in our thoughts. Please keep fighting little Annie, you have too many people who love you!!
default_wub.png

after all shes been through she deserves a happy healthy life and Im praying so hard for her to get that ,keep fighting little girl - we are all rooting for you x

Her fever is spiking and she is limping. Hock is swollen. Myheart is breaking

Can you soak her down - use alcohol, anything to help bring that temp down. Praying!!!!! So hard!!!!

What a will to live!!!! Hope something kicks in soon and gets her on the road to good health. She is something else!

I was just getting ready to go out and syringe her etc when she started playing. omg shes such ajoy to watch playing. Im not messing with her until shes done. This has been her first happy time since this morning

Dr Meuse has stepped back in and said he will call me later with a new plan he has. I am on pins and needles waiting to hear.

Latest posts

Back