Tease Looking Close? Maybe? Hopefully?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh goodness Kay! I only now read past page 6. My babies need feeding, hubby is in trying to make potato salad, its late, but I HAD to find out how things are to this point. Positive energy and prayers will continue working their magic for all of you. I so appreciate all I have learned this evening from your experience. Thank you. Now I am an addict too! I realize also how lucky I was with my first and only foal last year and what could have happened. Whew!

Kay, please get some sleep tonight. Hopefully Russ will too when he gets home. So glad the angels were watching over you today. You are one special person who has given so much - it's time you are given something back. Annie has united so many people!!!!! One things for sure, we are all hoping you will be giving updates on the little princess for years to come (and we will be expecting them)!!!!!

Im still waiting for the morning call. Tap tap tap LOL. I finally had a real nights sleep and feel like a new woman. I just hope Russ did too. He had to close at work last night and open this morning. He was still so upset when he got home about the trailer coming off. He so blames himself. I keep telling him it was because of his cool head and skill that we all were okay. He said he just kept playing it over and over in his head. At one point while we were waiting for help he was in the trailer trying to calm Tease and apologizing to her over and over. Broke my heart.

I was out getting feed and Annies vet called. She has had a bit of a setback. Her respiration rate is very high again today and she ran a small fever during the night. She is still very bright eyed, playing and nursing. They are going to give her another 24 hours before they xray that lung that showed some pnemonia on sonogram. That way she has had all of her plasma transfusions etc. I doubt now that she will come home on Monday. Sally had warned me when we first started sick foals are like a roller coaster

Tease is doing very well and has really calmed down. They did her vitals for the first few hours yesterday to be sure she was not in shock over the trailer incident. She thankfully is not trying to kill anyone
default_smile.png
Always a good thing.

I am hoping Russ and I can go see Tease & Annie tomorrow and take pictures. I wanted to give him tonight to rest as he had so close at work last night and open this morning so I know he is beat.

Knowing Annie she will rally big time!

Kay, I dont post here very often but also watched little Annie born an d have been keeping up with her progress. I pray every day for her to recover. I cant even imagine what you and your husband are going through.

She does seem to be a tough little filly.

Marsha

Thank you for the update Kay - I'm glad to hear that you and Russ are getting some rest, I hope you enjoy a quiet weekend.

It sounds as though your vets are really keeping on top of things with Annie, she is such a little fighter, bless her, and even if she is not too keen on any 'proceedures' she is still in the best place for her long term recovery.

So glad to hear that Tease is ok after her fright (and that she's behaving herself - so far!)

Continued prayers being said for all of you.
default_yes.gif

Anna

I am so delighted to hear that little Annie is still fighting. I really hope she keeps going and herself and Tease can come home to you soon. Glad to hear that Tease is well too.

Enjoy your well deserved rest and catch up on that shut eye.

Just letting you know that we are all keeping you in our thoughts and prayers...

Liz N.

Have been in my thoughts and prayers.

I am so amazed at how much you have gone through.

Now it is time to relax and let God's hand deal with the rest...
default_wub.png

Last edited by a moderator:
What a wonderful neighbor, you sure have been blessed!

even thou you have had some bad set backs.

I think it is going to turn about now..

She sure is looking spunky. thanks for updating and sharing
default_saludando.gif

What a fantastic place !

Last edited by a moderator:
Reble I swear I could live at OSU equine center!

There was another septic foal that came in but he does not look very well. My heart sank seeing him. They had to open his left leg and hes all bandaged up and was very lethargic. I prayed so hard for him. I kept thinking that could have been Annie.

She sure is a happy bunny, can you just imagine what she will be like when she feels good! I am adding your super neighbour yo my list of good people to say a prayer for.

It was like seeing her in person! On the cam it is all a bit "flat" and shadowed bits, etc. So the videos were a real treat. She is so adorable! Even more prayers for a full recovery. What a doll! Thanks Kay for the videos.
default_saludando.gif

OMG she looks to be full of spunk. And isnt she just so darling and that little face - you just want to kiss it. Tease has turned into an amazing Mommmy she is doing a fantastic job.

On Facebook there is a pic of the sticker on Tease & annies stall. It says "Warning Horse may kick!" and shows a bucking horse LOL. Wish I could post it here

I got to spend a lot of time petting Tease and she seems much better. I was so happy that Annie still comes to me for loving. I was afraid after all the shots etc she would run the other way. Abby filmed it but she accidentally filmed the floor LOL. We had to put on plastic boot/leg coverings to keep her stall sterile

Thanks for the videos and the updates!!! I just love seeing her acting spunky and having that will to live. What a beautiful place!! So glad your neighbor was able to take you today. Everyone is stepping up and that's the way it should be.

Prayers continuing for Annie and also for the other foal that was brought in.

I am also glad to see the videos and see how spunk Annie still is. I believe the difference in Annie and the other foal is that you were on top of things from the start. You deserve a lot of the credit for Annie being where she is in her recovery. Will still keep everyone in my prayers.

I have been to OSU intensive care and their other areas. It is an amazing place with a lot of caring people.

Latest posts

Back