Tease Looking Close? Maybe? Hopefully?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, this has really been an up and down road. Didn't you say at one point that that thought there might be an abscess there? Maybe I am remembering wrong, or have my post mixed up. If she had one, can be tricky and take a longer course of antibiotics to get it all, and it can intermittently release bacteria into the blood-stream( in people at least). I hope this is just a bump in the road and she is better.

Barb

Boy, What a roller coaster! Maybe someone else can see better, but does it look like Annie is breathing real heavy tonight. Shes flat out resting but her little belly seems to be really breathing hard. Tease looks happy w/the breeze on her face. I'll keep watching her as it just may be camera.

Diane I am so sorry you got hurt.

The doc was afraid there might be lung abcesses but they looked really good on xray.

Sally is bringing the shot today

I just should not have got my hopes up that yesterday was the end of the fever. That was the first time I had seen her go almost 24 hrs without a fever and no fever med so I was just way too hopeful. And it was the lowest I had ever seen her resp rate.

Added:

Temp normal again this morning!

Big storm hitting right now so we may lose power

Last edited by a moderator:
What a roller coaster ride you guys have been on. But I do think its still looking very positive and when I was looking at her on cam this morning (both laid down) all that jumped out at me is how much bigger she has gotten and how strong she looks. And like Diane said one step back probably isnt too serious as she is still looking better and starting to go longer without the fever.

Diane I hope you are ok and will be better soon.

It is only normal for us all to get so excited when she looks to be improving, how can you not just adore her and want the best for her. We just have to keep our feet on the ground and remind ourselves that these things take time. She will get there and Tease has all her life left to go out with her buddies so a few more days in is no big deal.

Come on now Girls ------ group hug -------

Karina it is a roller coaster ride that I dont wish on anybody! Sally kept warning me and she was sure right.

Temp was just slightly high tonight and its really hot and humid. Another storm is here right now and we keep losing satellite and internet. T

Someone pls make it stop raining!

Gosh, I cant seem to get any of my favorite girls cameras to come on tonight.

Sorry the rain has been reaking havoc on you all but I too would sure love alittle down here. Kay, I cant remember if you mentioned it or not. Are you expecting any other babies this year?

Well I continue to think positive and I know that little Annie will keep on taking baby steps toward the recovery finish line...its not a race...and I dont mind if she has a couple little stumbles...she'll get there! good Night Sweet Ones

4.55am and it still isn't coming up
no.gif
I am sending prayers for our favourite girls

Have been having trouble logging into LB - drove me crazy not being able to hear what was happening for 24 hours!!
default_new_shocked.gif

Marestare still not working, will keep checking - has anyone got an update from Kay, really hoping things are ok.
default_yes.gif

Extra prayers being said.

Anna

Have been having trouble logging into LB - drove me crazy not being able to hear what was happening for 24 hours!!
default_new_shocked.gif

Marestare still not working, will keep checking - has anyone got an update from Kay, really hoping things are ok.
default_yes.gif

Extra prayers being said.

Anna

Kay posted this on FB 9 hours ago.

"Thank you so much! She had no fever this morning and tiny fever tonight but its really humid and another storm is here. This rain is making me crazy!"

Anna, hope this makes you feel a little better! Hoping for a good report this morning.

Barbie

Anna sorry to worry you! Dang storms just wont quit and we have more today.

I have to run to sallys and get her last shot this morning.

Her temp last night was just a tiny bit elevated but the doc said with the high heat and humidity last night not surprising.

Cam is up now but I dont know how long with the storms moving in

aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
another night has past and our princess is hanging in there
laugh.gif
each tiny step is so encouraging.

Group hug (((((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Thats wonderful news - she is still creeping forward for the better. Still have everything crossed for her.

That dang shot stressed me out so bad. The Excede is very thick so its a huge needle. I am praying so hard thats her last shot for many months.

No fever!!! Resp rate was way lower. Such a great thing!

She was sure kicking Russ after that shot lol.

Had to hurry and bring them in as the storm is very close

I sure wish I could send you the rain because we do not need anymore!! Supposed to rain every day this week.

Russ is pretty sore. I just dont think his new meds are working. Dr wants to give them a full 30 days before they switch him.

Oh poor Russ - saying prayers and sending ((((HUGS)))). Dealing with that little monkey Miss Annie Puzzle wont help him, but we do appreciate all that he has done for our precious little girl and for Tease.
default_yes.gif

Kay please dont worry about me (how kind of you!) you have more than enough to worry about! It was just that I couldn't get logged in and then the cam was down, which caused a few panic moments LOL!! Just checked the cam a short while ago and they were both grazing happily, side by side.

Hoping and praying that these special 'big dose' injections do the trick for Annie Puzzle.
default_wub.png

Anna

That dang shot stressed me out so bad. The Excede is very thick so its a huge needle. I am praying so hard thats her last shot for many months.

No fever!!! Resp rate was way lower. Such a great thing!

She was sure kicking Russ after that shot lol.

Had to hurry and bring them in as the storm is very close
I was sure hoping you were using Excede. We sometimes put it just under the skin instead of the muscle - depends on the situation. Since it is long acting - it is nice to only have to give two shots 4 days apart. I keep Excede in my medical kit and it travels with us to shows. Great stuff!

Glad to hear your filly is getting better.

I think Annie got a little worn out going out two times today but she was having a blast out there!! Temp was just slightly high but its very humid. This is the longest she has ever gone without spiking so I am praying hard this will be the end of it and she will get to be a normal horse soon. Poor tease so wants back in with the herd.

It still amazes me what a great mother has Tease has turned out to be.

I did a total barn cleaning today and I am wore out lol. That heat just takes it out of you.

Annie so loves that fan. She waits right in front for me to put it back and turn it on. Its so cute!

Morning all. When I checked a while ago, our two special girls were having a snooze together - looked so sweet lying side by side!

Now Tease is under the fan, mane blowing and looking contented. Little Annie seems to be licking/chewing at one of the walls, naughty girl!

Hope the weather eases off for you today Kay and that you get some of that cooling rain - I would send you some of ours if it were possible coz we have loads to spare right now.
default_rolleyes.gif

Anna

Latest posts

Back