Tease Looking Close? Maybe? Hopefully?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats great news that Annie is doing well.

What a pain about your computer though - I am a creature of habit too so dont like anyone messing with my programmes

Oooo that must be so frustrating Kay - one thing fixed, only to find the important ones messed up!

So glad to hear that Annie continues to make progress - brilliant news! I did wonder what had happened to the cam, cant wait for you to get it sorted, really missed watching Annie Antics!
default_yes.gif

How's Russ doing?

Anna

Hooray! Annie and Tease are back!! Great to see them again, well done Kay for getting the problems sorted.
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Little Annie was just enjoying a munch on Momma's droppings and then she went over to Tease to give her a manure flavoured kiss. LOL!!

How are her temperature and respiration levels now Kay, is she holding her levels ok?

Anna

People comment over and over about Annie eating poo- is it normal for her to do that so much? I hear about foals choking on manure and Lord knows that's the last thing she needs!
default_new_shocked.gif

Leia

Leia, foals eating poo is the natural way for them to get the correct 'flora' into their digestive systems, and the benefits far outweigh the possibility of choking - they do often cough a bit, but rarely go for a full choke. Those born in fields or in the wild would be doing this several times in their first few weeks of life, but here in our mostly 'artificial' horse world, we do try to keep an eye on them and restrict them a little if we can.

Anna

They left me quite the stall cleaning this morning lol.

Yep foals have to eat poo
default_smile.png
Its gross to watch for sure.

Annies temp has been normal every day! I still get nervous when I take it. Her resps are so much better but still high sometimes especially on really hot muggy days.

Rusty got that same flu I had (cant believe there was so much time between when I had it and he got it) and now is going into an RA flare. I so hate it for him. Today is our 26th anniversary and hes too sick to celebrate. I hate it for him!

Cam will be off during the day as they will be out for awhile and I will be working

Started my day off right today as when I brought up your cam, there was little Annie (not so little any more) running and bucking in the stall. YAY!!!!

Wish your weather would cool off some so they could be out more!!

Barbie

Buck eats bits of poo - not all the time but I always know when he has had a bit as he a lovely chocolate puss
default_wacko.png
default_biggrin.png

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY KAY & RUSTY!

I'm sorry he's too sick now to enjoy the "day".

Oh Kay I'm so very sorry to hear that Rusty has the dreaded flu - exactly what he doesn't need to 'mix' with the RA. I know I'm old, but I am still at half my mormal energy rate weeks after 'recovering' from the dreaded lurgy (before Annie was born) and it is so frustrating!

Please make him rest up, it won't do him any good to struggle on while suffering from this. Sending him hugs and saying prayers for a fast recovery.

Happy Anniversary for yesterday by the way.
default_yes.gif

Anna

Thank you all so much for your anniversary wishes! Poor Rusty he was really bad last night when he got off work so I had my hands full. This RA is horrible stuff.

No we wont show Annie while shes so young
default_smile.png
I dont think it would be good to have her out near strange horses at shows after being so sick. Hopefully next year for Annie!

The Ohio State Fair show is just a few mins from our farm so I hate to pass one up so close. I have to have the entry in today so I am trying hard to decide. We were thinking of taking Shammy and maybe Feature
default_smile.png

Kay,

Being new to this but in NE Ohio. Where and when is the Ohio State Fair? Would love to come and see everyone.
default_yes.gif

You should go! Its so much fun and you will see a lot of minis and shetlands. Its from July 19-23 at the ohio fairgrounds in columbus

Heres the link just open the amhr and/or shetland class list and you can see what days they are showing

OSF show

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll second that too Diane - just logged in to find Tina's sad news, such a tragedy.

Little Annie certainly has the power to lift the spirits, bless her.
default_wub.png

Anna

Well, Well maybe Annie is no longer on cam? Just stopped in to say Happy 4th to Kay, Russ, Annie and Tease!! Just wanted you guys to know that Annie is still in our thoughts and we hope she's continuing her improvement!
default_wub.png

Yes the cam hasn't been up for several days - I thought that Kay might be busy with her writing. But I do hope Annie is ok and progressing as a normal foal - maybe she and Tease are now out with the herd?

I hope Rusty is beginning to improve from his bout of the nasty flu, and that life can start getting back to normal for all of them.

Happy 4th for Kay, Russ and the girls.
default_yes.gif

Anna

Latest posts

Back