Summer/Mindy Foaled on 4/1/13!! Colt!*NEW PICTURES & VIDEO OF SMOKEY PG. 41* 5 WEEKS OLD

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks everyone!! I managed to pull myself away for a few minutes so I could post some right side up pics for you!

Thanks to all that have been so helpful and supportive and helped keep me going when I was ready to give up! So here is how things went:

Woke up every 30 minutes checking her last night.... NOTHING happened... So this morning I get up, feed, let her out in her paddock and go in the house. My oldest son has been running a fever for 10 days now and so I called to make him a Drs app. They set it for 11:10. Ok so I call my awesome sister (whose little girl is now also sick running fever) to ask her if she can keep an eye on Summer while I take the boys to the DR. So I take a shower, get ready to go, run out to check on Summer and she is under the cedar tree just standing there, but covered in sweat. I knew she was in labor. She was still a light pink vulva, and looked pretty much the same as yesterday. She takes off running to the barn, which was odd! I watched her and she started rolling, getting up, eating a bite and pawing all the classic things... It is April Fools day, so I figured she probably fooling me! NOPE! I call the Dr office and tell them whats going on, (that was a strange explanation and conversation!LOL) call my sister, she comes down. I call the vet and let them know what going on. Then about an hour passed and her water breaks, I have my sister call the vet and let them know. We see a bubble, its WHITE!!! YAYAYAYAY!! Then here comes one foot then the next foot, then a nose with a tongue hanging out which sent me into crazy land! LOL She had a little bit of a hard time with that bulbous noggin he has, I had to help her pull him out. I was a nervous wreck, my sister helped so much keeping me calm. Then the little guy slid right out! He was trying to stand right away, and stood up even before Summer. He is so pretty and very sweet. And I'm beside myself with excitement on top of being exhausted and sick! LOL

He was born at 11:20! So thank goodness I took her sweating seriously and did not go to the DR!!

But he is here and my month long of no sleep payed off, even though she had it in the day. (so much better and so thankful that she did)

Not sure on a name yet, his color did surprise me! And for some reason I want to call him Silver, but I'm not sure yet. I had Sandy picked out too, but I'm not convinced just yet.

Jax I will be sleeping in my own bed!!! Hopefully I wont wake up out of habit now!

Summer did really good, but she did tear just a little on each side.
default_sad.png

Here are lots of Pictures and plenty more to come!

Cotton thinks this is her baby and she is beside herself with excitement. It is really sweet!

A note about the signs: Summer never did wax or was I able to get milk from her. Her vulva never really got to dark but was a shade more pin k. I never really saw a front of center belly, but I do have before pictures from this morning that I will post for new ones like me!

SummerBaby.JPG

SummerBaby1.JPG

SummersBaby2.JPG

SummersBaby4.JPG

SummersBaby5.JPG

SummersBaby6.JPG

SummersBaby7.JPG

SummersBaby8.JPG

SummersBaby9.JPG

SummersBaby10.JPG

SummerBaby12.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh the pictures are fabulous. Isn't he just a little gem and Summer looks every inch the proud Momma. Love that pic of her and him where he has his legs crossed - and the one of your huge smile!! Thank goodness you didn't go to the doctors!!

Hope the two 'sick' children are feeling better very soon!!

More pics soon please! Enjoy your sleep!
default_yes.gif

Am I glad to finally see this cheesy grin

/monthly_04_2013/post-45156-0-27262200-1364845526_thumb.jpg

default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif
Well done Mindy, you did it

Congratulations!!! He's a doll. So glad you got to be there for his birth and he's arrived safe and sound. You must be thrilled.

default_firstprize.gif
Congratulations!!
default_firstprize.gif
default_birthday.gif

Glad to read that your persistent, careful monitoring paid off!
default_thumbup.gif
Love the pics; he is a beautiful boy! Summer deserves an extra hug for sure. Enjoy your sleep!

Ok Viola and Kay and Lexi and Amy and..... Who am I forgetting??? I'm sure I'm forgetting someone! OH Bonny!! Has Dream foaled yet??? It's y'all's turn!! I will be here to congratulate you guys soon I'm sure!!

OMG!! OMG!! OMG!!!! I missed it!!!!! I just got done with trolley tours I've had all day!!! So I haven't even had time to check in!!!

OMG! Congrats!! Soooooo glad to hear all went well!!!!

Super excited for you! !! Tell little Mama she did good, and give that precious baby a squeeze from me!!!

Now I guess you'll go away and we won't hear from you.
default_sad.png
remember we need pics!!!!

Congratulations he is so cute, cannot wait to see more pictures
default_smile.png

Certainly worth waiting for.!! So cute. Congrads to you all and so glad you were there. Don't forget to keep an eye on my JJ. Maybe she will be next...............................................................................................

year! LOL

LOL!! Yall make me laugh! But I want to cry at the same time.... my what an emotional day!!!
default_wacko.png
default_bye-sad.gif
default_smile.png

Amy, I'm not going anywhere!! I have to see the rest of these babies be born and help you guys!! HAHA, Well pretend like I know what I'm talking about anyway!!

Ok, LAST PICTURES OF TUMMIES, HOOHA'S, BOOBIES AND THE LIKE!!!! I have done my duty! LOL But I wanted new ones looking for help and answers to see what Summer looked like right before she went into labor. I didn't have time to post them this morning, so I will post them now, and from here on out nothing but ADORABLE cute baby horse!
default_yes.gif

These were taken 3 hours before labor

as1.JPG

as2.JPG

as3.JPG

as4.JPG

as5.JPG

as6.JPG

as7.JPG

yippee!!! Summer had her baby!
default_new_multi.gif
default_new_multi.gif
default_new_multi.gif
default_new_multi.gif

default_birthday.gif
little man! what a lovely little colt she has had for you! and he looks to be a silver also
default_488.gif
love me a silver! what a beautiful uprite little colt he is well done!

sounds like you handled it expertly. well done to you! hope you are getting a lovely big restful sleep tonight!
default_biggrin.png

so excited that its all gone well for you!

can't wait for some more piccies

sorry posting at the same time lol not all mares will get the massive V or get wax... my mare did get the wax but she didn't have the massive V that some get... when I go home for lunch I'll try find the pictures of my girl before she had Finn.

congrats again!

default_thumbup.gif
default_thumbup.gif
default_thumbup.gif
Congratulations
default_firstprize.gif
default_firstprize.gif
Well done Summer and very well done Mindy
default_firstprize.gif
default_firstprize.gif
. He is adorable. {{{{HUGS}}}} to you and summer and the little one. Isn't it just the most wonderful feeling to bring a new life into this world?
default_thumbup.gif
default_thumbup.gif
. Hope you are getting some well deserved sleep.

Thank you everyone!!!! You guys are so nice!!

More Pictures!!!! YAY Here he is more dry and fluffy!

Meeting his brothers

Smokey&Jackson.JPG

Smokey&Jojo.JPG

Summer & Smokey

Smokey&SUmmer.JPG

Taking a nap

SmokeySleeping.JPGJPG]

SSmokey.JPG

SmokeySummer&Jojo.JPG

Oh those pictures are just fabulous! Summer certainly is one very sweet and generous mare - lots of mares can be very protective of their new babies, and there she is sharing him with the family, bless her.
default_hypocrite.gif

Keep the pictures coming, we are going to need regular updates as the days pass!
default_yes.gif

And dont you dare leave us - as a world wide forum we have foals arriving all year round and there are going to be many folks who will need your support (and sympathy) as they struggle with the long wait for those babies to be born - you have certainly 'been there, done it and got the T shirt' as they say!! LOL!! Well done you!

Latest posts

Back