Stormy's foaling thread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh gosh whatever next leaving that empty stable dirty
default_laugh.png

Oh gosh whatever next leaving that empty stable dirty
default_laugh.png
Ok, stable clean, and Stormy is in there. udders again seem a little larger, hubby says milk tastes a little sweet to him. I didnt try it tonight, he tried it about a week ago, and spit it out right away said it was salty and nasty. Tonight he actuall took a second lick!
default_new_rofl.gif

haha well!! maybe she will foal without much of an udder... hmmm will keep a close eye on her while you are sleeping!!!

I am a little scared to try Suzie's milk LOL
default_wacko.png

maybe you should leave her in during the day in case hubby tries to taste it again
new_rofl.gif

default_saludando.gif
hi how is the liitle miss stormy going any change

are you ment to be able to get milk out ive tryed sweety but no milk what does that mean

just means the milk hasn't come down yet Jenny, I haven't been trying to milk Suzie cos I know she isn't ready yet, once she has a full bag I will start the milk testing, with test strips n I might be brave and taste LOL

Her vulva is a little longer than before, her udder is a little bigger, but not huge and tight like they say it should. It used to be hard for me to get milk out of Stormy, but now it comes out very easy. I was so afraid to taste it too Cassie, but i just did it one day. I lived so that's a plus!
default_yes.gif

I am thinking i am going to post some pics like Sweety's pics. Some from today and about a week ago side by sides, sound good?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, here is a pic of her belly from tonight.IMAG0001.jpg

Picture from almost a week agoIMAG0102.jpg

here is udder shots from behind from tonight0913112117a.jpg

and here is a week ago0904112156.jpg

udder shot from below today0913112116.jpg

and a week ago0905112047.jpg

Ok and vulva shot (Sorry again Stormy) from this evening0913112117.jpg and vulva from a week ago0904112155b.jpg

Ok, I know that was a lot (at least it took me awhile to do) What do you guys think? Do you see changes? Please be honest, thanks!

default_smile.png

LOL thats a definite plus LOL don't want you dying on us!! LOL

I see small changes... good pics by the way!!
default_aktion033.gif

Think foal needs to still move into position like with Sweety... JMO

her hooha looks a little longer which is good
default_smile.png

they are all good small changes
default_yes.gif

she won't keep you waiting too much longer... LOL

I see some great progress BUT still think she has a bit of cooking to go
default_yes.gif
..I know thats not what you want to hear and im no expert Im just comparing her to my own mare and of course theyr all very different
default_yes.gif
shes looking fab though and very happy and content when I watch her on cam

Obvious changes, but a little while to go yet in my opinion - her udder needs to get to approx twice the size before I would say that she could foal at anytime and fill the ret of her udder as she foaled.

Sorry, not explaining it very well! Try again.......with the udder she has now, she is not far enough advanced to get a full milk supply as she foals. Once her udder gets at least twice as full as it is now, then she could foal and produce a full udder/milk as she foals.

If she is going to get a full tight bag before she foals then I would say she has at least another two to three weeks to go yet judging on her progress in your pictures (very useful - thanks!).

I wouldn't be bothering with any milk samples at this stage (we never milk or test our mares coz I dont like to keep 'breaking' the seals on the teats that are formed naturally to prevent milk leakage).......so keep hubby away from the milk bar or there will be nothing left for the foal. LOL!!

Just relax - Stormy is progressing just fine IMO and looking good for a perfectly cooked baby in a couple of weeks or so.
default_yes.gif

She's happily doing the 'munching' thing at the moment!

thank you for your opinions! glad they were honest, but i hope thet are wrong
default_new_rofl.gif

Anyways, I felt her udder this morning, and for the first time it felt tight, but when I "look" at it it looks the same. Is that even possible? i will of course feel it again tonight before bed, but I thought that was odd. (need an icon for scratching head HERE)

if she does wait for another 2-3 weeks, i am ok with that as long as she and baby are healthy, but with each passing week i have more worries;

1.cold weather is approaching

2. worried about fescue, but she is progressing, so???????????

The feeling of the udder being a bit tight in the morning is the normal next step!
default_aktion033.gif

It will feel a bit softer in the evening when she comes in from her outside exercise, and from now on it will increase in size, but continue with the 'tight' and 'soft' for a while longer (this is what I was trying to describe elsewhere!) When her udder really does look full and feels 'tight' AFTER a day out in the field, THEN you are really getting close to foaling.
default_yes.gif

But if Stormy follows all these slow, steady, normal signs then it seems she might be one of a very few mares to have done so this year. LOL!!

Way to go Stormy - you are doing great girl!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_wub.png

I agree with Anna, Kara your doing a great job!! she is progressing so I don't think you need to worry about fescue
default_smile.png

alot of mares have been going over this season,

Stormy is prob keeping up with the trend lol we will continue to watch her
default_new_shocked.gif
your gorgeous little baby will be here before long
default_yes.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back