Stormy's foaling thread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleBittyBritches

Reaction score
Ok, I thought I would start a thread for my mare, Stormy. She was bred Sept 17 and 18th 2010. So, she is due about anyday now. We have started to stall her at night, and bought a security camera so I could "spy" on her at night. But, wow that really makes you loose sleep! I am up every 30 minutes staring at it. I took recommendations of those on here and tested for Ph in the milk. It was High in the 8's. She is getting more of a sack than she had before. This will be her 3rd foal (not with me, my first with her.) I am new, and have been reading so much, so If anyone can help or wants to let me know if I am doing anything wrong or what to do that would be great! Thank you all!

Kara

Little Bitty Britches Miniature Horse Farm

www.LittleBittyBritches.com

default_saludando.gif
great web site and lovely horses. do you have any recent photos of stormy we all love photos on here

0817111445a.jpg

this afternoon---- Sorry about it being upside down

0817111445.jpg

this afternoon, after i saw this picture, i cleaned her udder out and in between

DSCI0027.JPG

This picture is of Stormy about a month ago

Let me know any others you need to see how close she is

Last edited by a moderator:
default_saludando.gif
there good fun the minis and if thay tread on your foot it dont hurt as much LOL

Yes I'd say it won't be long! You're doing the right thing by testing her milk and watching. Best of luck to you and do keep us posted.

saludando.gif
Hello and welcome from Italy. You have come to the right place but look out bc we can get a bit
wacko.gif
when we are waiting on mares to foal.

I love you web site, is Frodo the father to be? He is adorable. I read that you have just lost a foal
no.gif
I am so very sorry, this year has been tough on many of us.

Looks like Storm has a little way to go yet so we sit and wait
yes.gif

Kara you really need to convince hubby to let you put her on Marestare, it really is worth every penny as there are many of us here in Europe and Australia that can help you out on the night shift. Sleep is a pleasure that you don't get often if you are waiting on a mini to foal.
laugh.gif

Hi
default_saludando.gif
from Wales UK..another foaling to follow
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah ..great website and the ponies are gorgeous..the cctv is a great idea but yes you cant help but wake n watch to see if everything is ok..i had mine on all through the night in my bedroom for the last 3 months before my mare foaled
default_wacko.png
I would wake automatically every couple of hours to check her..i was so tired sometimes id sleep through and wake up in a panic thinking she might have foaled!!..I loved every minute though
default_yes.gif
..so sorry to hear you lost a foal..Looking forward to following this thread and all the progress with your pretty mare and her new baby when it finally arrives..all the very best Linda

Kara how are you going with getting her on marestare?? she is lovely and we would love to help watch her so you can get some sleep!!!

does she usually bag up much before foaling??

she looks like she has a similar udder to my mare Suzie you know we will be requesting many frequent photos!!

Welcome!! from NSW australia!!
saludando.gif

same here flash on click and fingers crossed..takes a few practice pics but eventually you get a good one
default_yes.gif

Hi Kara and Welcome!!! So exciting to have another foaling thread to watch!!! I do my udder pics with my cell phone! It is smaller so it is easier to navigate under there!! I just have to do them outside in the sunlight! Going to check out your website now!

Thank you all for being so kind.

Eagle -Yes, Frodo is the father to be. We lost that foal, and tha's what prompted me to get the camera for my room. We don't know for sure, but drove the dead foal and placenta to the state university to have a necropsy done. Still waiting for final results. That is why I am even more of a nervous wreck that something will be or go wrong with Stormy or her foal. I am trying not to worry, but the fear is there.

Lucky Lodge- I have to use my phone to get udder pictures, because my camera's shutter takes too long, so it blurs.

Haven't made alot of progress on hubby for marestare, but I am going to look and see if there is a way I can get it on the website....?

I am going to load some pics

081811.JPG

this morning

0818110957.jpg

Is it just me or is she going the wrong way????
default_ohnoes.jpg

I just took a picture of stormy from the side to compare from last month. What do you think?

DSCI0027.JPG

Month ago

08182011.JPG

Few minutes ago

Hi Kara and welcome to LB. from Wales, UK.
default_saludando.gif

I would think your sweet Stormy has a little while to go yet before she foals. But that doesn't mean you can stop watching her 24/7. LOL!! Have her previous owners giving you any info on her previous foalings coz that MIGHT give you an idea of her last minute signs?

I'm so sorry that you lost your little foal, hope you will manage to find out what happened. But to hopefully prevent any of the normal reasons why some foals dont make it (like getting out the sack etc) you really have to sit in front of your camera all the time, and only grab a few hours sleep when someone else is there to watch for you - do you perhaps have a friend who could pop in for a few daytime hours to watch while you sleep?

As has been said - the other alternative is Marestare, then you will have eyes from all corners of the World watching for you while you sleep! LOL!!

Keep posting the pictures, coz we all love pics, but anyway we may be able to help tell you when we think she is getting really near.
default_yes.gif

Welcome from NC
saludando.gif

Love having another mare to watch! Good luck with getting your Stormy on marestare so you can have a lot of extra eyes!

Stormy's milk ph was at 7.8, so still high, still clear milk, and small udder. She was rubbing her butt alot lastnight, and I think her belly is looking a little bigger, and lower set. Hopefully I will see some good changes with pictures in the morning! In the meantime up every few hours to check camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back