Stormy's back! I am starting her foaling thread again

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey everyone!

Your mares are gorgeous and look great! Can't wait to see the baby! Bags look great. That stud is stunning! My mare is from Buckeye Walnut Creek Farm too, such stunning miniature horses there.
default_smile.png

Come on girls!!! Lets see a baby!

Thank you, thank you, and thank you! This is the BEST forum there is! So helpful, nice, and just all around great. I will check her udder this evening to see if it is larger or smaller, it felt pretty tight, but she hadnt been out yet when I took the pic.

Every single person on here makes up the great team that we are
default_smile.png
that includes you too
default_yes.gif

Agreed! Best team! I love reading up on everyone, and seeing pics, and watching them on camera, then seeing the end result, the CUTEST thing in the whole world----A little sweet foal!
default_wub.png

I do love this group and how we get to make friends and chat and support each other while we wait on these babies being born. SO GLAD they allowed us to have a board since it wasn't appreciated on the other boards. This is a very positive place- could not ask for a better group. The nicest group of people I have been a part of. Nobody gets an attitude with anyone and when someone needs something they all try to help. Just how friends should be. So glad I found this group for sure!
default_yes.gif

Now... how is Stormy's udder today?

Last edited by a moderator:
Me too!

I need a little help through the day today. I am leaving Stormy in her stall because I have to leave for most of the day, and I need eyes on her while I am gone. Increase in her udder, and she is more uncomfortable today.03282012.jpg

default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif
and it's the right way up,
default_thumbup.gif

nearly 11.00am she is stood quietly and kitty is keeping her company

Thank you all so very much! Poor girl was in her stall pretty much all day. I let her out for about an hour or so when I got home, Her udder went down a little this evening, still large though. I really think we have to be getting close.

It's not looking good for setting up a second camera, we have tried 3 different options, and nothing is going to work
default_giveup.gif
. I am hoping stormy can go soon, then get Snowball up and running, but I am getting worried, as she is a maiden not much growth in her udder but definetly elongating in the "hooha", and getting a loose butt area, and almost looking like a "V" is forming. Ugh, come on girls time this out for us!
default_yes.gif
default_pray.gif

Some mushier poop in Stormy's stall this morning. Udders full again, but not quite separated like they should.

To be honest it is not that easy to see from the angle of your picture (you really need to be down on your knees to take side on pics, to put yourself at the 'straight on' angle). For instance, her tummy looks good - moving steadily in the right direction, but not at the V stage yet, however if you had been down 'lower' when taking the picture, then it is possible that she has more of a V shape than your picture shows!

Her udder will be more full after she has been in all night and then reduce once she gets out for several hours worth of exercise. Once her udder stays really full and firm AFTER she returns from exercise, then you will soon have a foal on the way - at least this is what normal mares do, but with minis...................... well it is anyone's guess. LOL!!

I'll have to try to get another picture tommorrow. Her udder did go down in size today, but did start the mooshier poop this morning.

Here are pictures of Stormy this morning. Here is a side shot (Hopefully from a better view)

02302012 side.jpg

Udder shots from back and under her belly. They are very firm 20120330_091304.jpg20120330_091238.jpg

WOW!! I think you are down to counting days and not a week!! Dont let her out of your sight - that last little filling of her teats could happen within hours!

How exciting - come on Stormy, we want to see what you have been cooking!!

Wow now that is what I call progress
default_smile.png
not long now and we will finally get to see what she has been cooking. Yippeeee

Back