Still mystified about Bo

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

islandminis

Reaction score
OK - so I talked to Bo's former owner again, asking if she was sure that Bo had never had a problem with - hind legs, hind feet, stifles, hips etc etc --- nope, he was always,to her knowledge, no problems, really good health. She had him for about 5 years, or rather her mother, she took over after her mother pass away. But she had done things and been with them the whole time. So I am still perplexed and feeling frustrated that even with the vets help we can't seem to figure out what went wrong. The stifle issue was the most obvious thing, but I can't help feeling that there was some other issue that contributed or the stifle lock was a result of. While he appears to be on the mend I would rather find a way to be sure he has a clean bill of health. I am looking into getting a holistic horse health person over - have any of you any experience with the holistic end of horse care?

I wonder if he dislocated it pretty bad? Did you ever get any xrays?

Do you have access to a good chiropractor? I wonder if your horse perhaps needs an adjustment. Just a thought-

I agree with both the xray and the chiro thought. Sending positive thoughts to you and Bo!

I can't tell you how sorry I am you are going through this. If the owner is telling the truth, then perhaps little guy had a wreck somewhere, somehow, and he could very well have a break. From your past description where he came up to you sweating and in pain, that is when it could have originally happened. I can only say that if this were my horse, I'd want answers and to get that it would mean X rays. I am most definately not against chiropractic or holistic because I feel in the grande scheme of things there is a place for all of it. But in this case, I'd want him in a hospital with a great vet and radiographs taken right away so you could get to the bottom of this fast and nothing would be left to guess work. Best wishes for you and Bo and hope for a very speedy recovery.

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally agree with Marty and if he were mine he would be in the clinic for X-rays and all. He could have taken a fall or been hit
new_shocked.gif

Good luck and get well soon Bo

Latest posts

Back