Solitaire's foaling thread! Updated pics on pg 13

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Am just exhausted... been out at West World in Scottsdale for the Touch of Class horse show since Friday- long days and short nights, LOL It was a nice show with pretty good weather and lots of nice horses. Didnt show this year but was helping others and got to see my leopard stallion that I sold make his driving debut, and got to take him for a spin myself.... it was awesome.

Anyhow, Solitaire is still holding off. It's day 334 today and I just took these pics this morning.... sigh. She better be baking LOTS of spots on this one...

Solbag334.jpg

Sol334rear.jpg

Solday3342012.jpg

Her rear end looks even more sunk in to me... her udder is slowly filling but still has a ways to go to show me that she is thinking of spitting this foal out. What do you all think?

I would say about a week but best not to leave her alone as she could finish that shopping bag fast, I agree Diane, that baby needs to get in launch position.
default_smile.png

Not much going on here.... no real huge visible changes here... I clipped the bottom of her belly this evening. Her bag has a long way to go still to be considered full at all. She is being wierd this evening though and when I put her in her pen, she spent a LOT of time going around smelling ALL the bedding instead of eating and just kind of odd.

So... at day 336 I'm still waiting. She is on the beeper now so we will see what happens.

Interesting- she never set the beeper off one time last night........... I will try to get more pics but it may be Saturday a.m. before I can do that.

Thanks Diane! I really like her too. You should see her move!!! Nice action and power packed I tell you!

Ok, here are some pics I just took this evening, on her 337th day... Not much difference from 3 days ago.

Solday337.jpg

Sol337bag.jpg

Solbag337.jpg

Here she is from the back. If it was not for her hair still sticking out, she really would not have that much of a stomach

Solrear337days.jpg

She's looking great Laurie - moving nicely along with her duties in her kitchen!! She will soon finish her cooking and be able to relax.
default_thumbup.gif

Well she needs to turn up the heat, LOL and get busy. I wanna see!

Beeper never went off once the last 48 hours... just went off. False alarm, she was laying flat but not for long- she rolled right back up on her sternum and then got up. Poor thing must be so tired of standing...

default_impatient.jpg
Still on her own schedule I see. She just knows that little ones she's carrying is very special so she's making us wait for it!

Her bag is fuller today and tonight when I put her back in her pen, she had some wax!!! it's not real thick or darker yellow, but hey, it's a sign and better than nothing!

Well, there have been a few more changes... See what you all think.........??

Sol12fillyhalfhrold-1.jpg

Sol12fillyhalfhrold.jpg

Born at 12:10, April Fools Day- black Appaloosa filly!!! She is just half an hour old here and had JUST gotten up, so is trying to get her legs under her, LOL Mama is very happy, just talking non stop.

Diane she needs more lessons in the kitchen! She burnt it, LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my - yes you are correct, there certainly have been some changes! LOL!!

So that is what she was hiding - a gorgeous little filly (even if she is a little burnt at the moment!!)

Many many congratulations Laurie and well done Solitaire - this little girl was certainly worth the wait!!
default_thumbup.gif
:ThumbUp

Yippeee Congratultations, she is adorable
default_smile.png
i can't wait for all the details and some more pics once you have had some rest.

Yippeeeeeeeee

Yipee!!!!! What a beautiful baby!!!! Congrats!!!

LOL "she burnt it"
default_risa_suelos.gif

Congrats! She is beautiful!!

Latest posts

Back