Solitaire's foaling thread! Updated pics on pg 13

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HGFarm

Reaction score
Ok, well, I had already gotten used to the idea that I was not expecting any foals this year... and then last week noticed Sol's belly was starting to change and she looked a little pudgy. In the last week or two, her belly is now showing more each day.

She had been hand bred to my old stallion Grays Smoke Signal (Bob) last year for one heat cycle. Her last breeding date was April 23rd so today she is at day 311.

I am a little concerned that she has really no bag to speak of. Sol has had foals in the past, with a typical obvious belly from the beginning and always bagging up like normal, starting about 5 weeks before hand.

I dont use mare stare, but am on the countdown now... I can't believe she kept this foal hidden until just recently! I wonder what she is hiding in there!! I am very excited!

Here are a couple of pics of the stallion she is bred to and a couple of pics of Solitaire.

BobHeadShow408.jpg

Bobfromvideo.jpg

SolRF2007site.jpg

Solitaireface72510.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh how pretty! Can't wait to see the foal of these two!
default_thumbup.gif

These are the best sort of suprises!! What a pretty mare - gorgeous head - and I always liked Bob, so I'm really excited to see this baby too.

Never mind about the cam - I dont do marestare either - just keep us up to date with Sol's progress.

Gorgeous mare! Isn't it amazing how they can hide them?? So, are you totally positive now or just pretty positive? I have one I am SO one the fence about; it's really driving me nuts!
default_wacko.png

Yipee!! I cant wait!!! What beautiful horses!!!

Yipee!! I cant wait!!! What beautiful horses!!!

Oh I am absolutely positive now! The beginning of last week I was not sure, but leaning towards maybe- but she has definitely got a belly now, and today while I was brushing her I got kicked in the head by the little one, LOL

Thanks for the compliments on my 'kids'- I just love them all. Sol actually has black spots all over like a leopard, but her pic there still sort of had the last of her winter fuzz on and it hides them.

Yes Spot is two this year- and still looks like a yak with all his winter hair. They have been slowly shedding so it's not quite as bad as it was, but still really hairy! And yes, he is ready for a lady or two!!!! I can't wait! Will try to get an updated pic or two...

Solitaire actually looks somewhat fat this morning, lol. She is coming into the foaling stall at night now and out during the day. I noticed that she is seperating herself from the rest of the girls and really isnt wanting their company.

LOL Diane....

Yes, Nutmeg has changed a little more every year and last year just ended up spotted all over. I agree, and I wish I had kept her mama. I still get so sad when I think about what she went through, and then you too. I can't wait until I can clip everyone and see what Nutmeg looks like this year. Some of her spots are really big-- looks like some big birds flew over, LOL

Well Solitaire has a LITTLE bit of change to her bag this evening. She already knows after one day that she gets to come in to her 'private room' at night and met me at the gate to come in. I just love all the fur kids!!

Gorgeous mare! Isn't it amazing how they can hide them?? So, are you totally positive now or just pretty positive? I have one I am SO one the fence about; it's really driving me nuts!
default_wacko.png
Isn't it hard when you don't know for sure but think maybe.... lol I have one at the moment too!! she is driving me crazy! really hope she starts bagging up for me soon so I know for sure!

WOW solitaire is gorgeous! going to be one stunning foal! very very exciting!

Thank you Cassie... we are at day 313 today, so she could easily have a couple of weeks... oh the wait is going to kill me. Sol has had some nice foals, so I hope this one will be just as nice with no foaling problems.

ah yes the waiting does kill us LOL my mare is about 340 days now drives me crazy! lol

hope you don't have to wait that long for solitaire to foal

OMG Cassie.... I hope I dont have to wait that long either, but because her belly is so small this year, it's really hard to see much in the way of changes. Not really any bag to speak of- she had a small change with that, but not much. I dont THINK she will foal for the next couple of weeks, but... ?? Hope your mare foals soon!

OMG Cassie.... I hope I dont have to wait that long either, but because her belly is so small this year, it's really hard to see much in the way of changes. Not really any bag to speak of- she had a small change with that, but not much. I dont THINK she will foal for the next couple of weeks, but... ?? Hope your mare foals soon!
HAHA sounds exactly like Penny!!! she has not much of a tummy, and hardly any bag to speak of!

Solitaire don't you be talking to Penny, you go and foal nice and early for your mummy!!

I felt movement this morning and could get a little milk from Penny's udder last night for the first time... wasn't testing ready but she is definitley acting more preggers, I am SO on the fence with her! lol

its so hard this not knowing! lol I hate it but I guess it will happen no matter how strict you are with matings and all the rest.

Keep us updated! :D am very interested to know what she does!!

No big major changes today........... just counting the days. Yes, our girls need to NOT be giving each other ideas!

I don't see anything wrong with Laurie's print

default_new_rofl.gif
sorry I am in a stupid mood this morning, must be the pills or maybe the
default_smokesmile.gif

LOL, wow dont know WHAT happened with the print! Yikes! Eagle you are too funny.

Not much in the way of change with Solitaire. Her belly is getting fatter and at least sticking out a little now- obviously pregnant, no longer a guess. Still not really any change in regards to getting a bag either as of last night. She is changing daily though.

She is at day 317 today, so not worried yet. She could easily wait another two or three weeks....

How's your mare Cassie?

OMG Diane that image is hilarious.

I agree- we would never be upset with pictures of your beauty and I am so excited to see this foal!

Latest posts

Back