Solitaire's foaling thread! Updated pics on pg 13

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, isn't this blackened Cajun style? LOL OMG, i just love her- what a pocket pet- no fear. She already wants loved on and petted. And mama is so good- she is fine with it. She does have Appy characteristics- white sclera and a bit of mottled skin so there is no telling what she will look like two or three years from now. It appears though she is really black- not the fading kind.

Diane, she will make a good addition to someone's breeding program? Yeah, mine!! I only have one other daughter by my old stallion. He is my 'heart horse' and 22 this year, so dont know how many more I will get. Sooooo, I am thinking this one is a keeper. She will cross great with my young stallion, who is homozygous for color.
default_risa8.gif

Here she is at just 7 hours old- still a bit scrunched up because it's cool out this morning.

Sol12filly7hrs.jpg

Sol12filly7hrsLS.jpg

Thanks! I just love her! She goes back to Chianti four times- three on the dam's side and once on the sire's side. This filly is a granddaughter to Shadow Oaks Cock Robin. <insert Snoopy happy dance here>

What a beautiful foal!!! She is just darling!

Thanks Lea- the pics are not great but it's hard when they would rather be in your lap. You know how that is with your little friendly guys!

Oh she is just so cute Laurie and she has the most kissable little nose!!

I'm so glad that you got the filly you hoped for.
default_yes.gif

OMG!!! She is a BABE!!! Look at those legs and pretty face! Cajun style or not, she is perfect!! I bet she will sprout some color in a few years, at least roaming or something. If you do not like her or something , she is welcome to come live with me
default_yes.gif

Congrats on a gorgeous filly!

Yes new pictures are needed!! Come on Laurie, your little 'burnt Queen' has fans waiting - very impatiently!!

LOL, I will try to get some tomorrow. Today was the first day for her mommy and her to be out with the 3 older mares. Oh she has run and run and run and leaped and kicked and run some more. She is loving life- and I just love her.

She will probably color over the years, but I like her so much, I dont care if she does or not! She is so leggy with such a cute face and adorable personality. Thanks for asking about the little burnt gal, LOL

Ok, here is the filly at one week old this morning - a dirty girl! She is starting to taste the hay- they were cleaning up what spilled from the feeder.

Sol12fillylay1wk.jpg

Sol12fillyLS1wk.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks so much- I am pretty pleased with her. Her daddy usually puts a pretty nice head on his foals, but I am pretty picky about what's behind my pedigrees and am a stickler on heads. They have to have a nice head and a big butt and nice fluid movement. If this filly were a full sized horse, she would have a wonderful Western Pleasure lope- she is very smoothe.

She is so pretty and love that face. She is going to knock em dead in the show ring

Latest posts

Back