Severe weather

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marylou

Reaction score
All that are in the affected areas please check in. My MIL is in the path in southern Ohio. Won't get much sleep tonite.
default_wub.png
:

Mid Michigan

We made it through although we spent an hour in the basement. Five of the dogs were easy to get down there, but that 100 lb shepherd who is terrified of storms was a challenge - he was on my desk at one point.

They announced on tv that our town's tornado sirens were not working and to take cover. We had rotation over head and pretty bright reds and greens on doppler.

Checked the horses and they are fine. Power flashes on and off but didn't go out completely. News is showing earlier damage from the first wave but this came through around midnight - will assess any damages at the properties (We have four houses and two pole barns to check - already checked my store and parents) in the morning.

Hope everyone else made it through okay.

SW Ohio we made it OK-By the time it got here (I am midway between Cincy and Columbus) it had greatly weakened...We dont have audible sirens where I live so slept with one eye on the TV and one ear on the Weather Radio. Had tucked the horses all in earlier but was worried about a shelter we were trying to move yesterday and had gotten half un anchored. Luckily it and everyone are OK!!

I hope all are ok as this has been a very active and severe weather week across the country!

our town's tornado sirens were not working
Wow! Here in Oklahoma (tornado alley), severe weather is taken very seriously and virtually every town that I'm aware of has working sirens. Oklahoma City's are tested year round every Saturday at 12 noon and it's a big relief to know that they are working in case of severe weather.

I do wish I had a basement! Those weather radios are a real life saver, too!

Stay safe everyone!

Update to last night from news:

"Tornadoes, strong winds and oversized hail pushed through much of Michigan overnight, overturning vehicles, destroying homes and leaving at least three people dead.

In southern Tuscola County, a 1-year-old baby boy was taken to the hospital for injuries he suffered during the storm.

According to authorities, the child was in a crib when the tornado ripped through the home located in Millington on Barnes Road between Irish and Fulmer roads.

The baby was found under a pile of rubble nearly 30 feet from the home beneath the crib’s overturned mattress by neighbor, Jeff Hawks. The child was treated for minor scratches and released from the hospital.

The family's 1 1/2 story home was leveled and destroyed, according to reports."

This is five miles from me! :new_shocked:

Geographic center of Ohio here. It came through during the night, and I heard nothing. I know the ground was wet when I got up this morning, but no bad storms. I was bummed about the forecast, I wanted my bedroom window open as my room was so hot last night.

Just turned our horses out to pasture & noticed this tall huge oak tree laying across the fence. This tree must be over a hundred years old & dozens of snake eggs exposed at the roots - guess that is where the snake came from that I touched in my barn this summer! :no:

Ugh. We had a tornado watch yesterday afternoon were we are at. A quick shower. Nothing more. We have been through a tornado in 2000 though. All our outside buildings were gone, scores of trees uprooted, horse trailer tossed 70 feet way. Horrid. Never want to be in a tornado again. We only had 2 large horses at the time and we found one across the road and the other down the street. They were okay, Thank God. We have a tornado shelter now. Yay!

Talked with MIL in Lynchburg Ohio. They had bad storms but no real damage. We have been having bad storms all evening. Think they are finally over. Am glad noone had any severe damage.
default_wub.png
:

We were on the very edge of the bad weather and only had downpouring rain and some hail , no high winds . No damage to anything although in the gusting winds that we had yesterday some of our dead trees came down , one blocking our driveway . Tractor made short work of that though.

Camelotcavs : That tornado touchdown is only about 10 miles from me , we drove by that house last night and couldn't believe that the house right next door to it was pretty much untouched. There isn't even a single wall standing of the demolished house and half of it is in the neighbors front yard. So glad that no one was seriously injured .

Latest posts

Back