Sadie the yo-yo's Daughter: Chloe owned by Viola **Update**

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
default_please.gif
default_poke.gif

Maiden mares are like lightning storms... So unpredictable. She settled down just after midnight and started up about 8 AM. I've hardly slept this whole week as mini's have a high rate of distocia and babies unable to break the sack. Looks like another crappy nights sleep ahead and a rotten Easter. I'm so tired that I'm crankier than a slug in a salt bath...

I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing that Calvin is off getting wood...
default_torch.gif
default_impatient.jpg
default_gaah.gif
default_crybaby.gif

aww man, Im so sorry Viola! I just keep telling myself I'm one night closer! My horrible cold was keeping me up more than summer last night... I feel horrible today
default_thud.gif

Lack of sleep will kill the immune system... I'm still fighting mine off with lots of medicine hoping it doesn't get worse. My hubby came home and I flew off the handle, so he took the kids and left to go get more wood. Of all the days for a wood permit to come available 2 miles from our house... He can get wood anytime!
default_1857272.gif
Okay, I'm good.

Sadie is pooping half as much and the poop is half her normal size this morning. She is also eating off-and-on. She normally eats ALL the time, prego or not. Her vulva hasn't changed.

I totally understand, I get ill every year waiting on my girls. The lack of sleep is just a killer!

Sadie's back to a limp tail. She carries it high, but if I grab it and wiggle it, she has to move away to get it "back".

Oh, and she's been doing the Flehman's response off and on all day.

She is sooooo close! I can't wait to see what her little one looks like! Maybe you'll have a little Easter baby!!!! Come on momma!!!
default_please.gif

Sending prayers for the safe arrival of an Easter baby

Last edited by a moderator:
DSCN5363_zpsc88c04f8.jpg
DSCN5354_zps12590535.jpg

My Easter's going like this... Still no baby. She's been rolling and stomping, and biting like crazy. Doing the flehman response, yawning, snorting a lot, and her vulva's more red. She finally let me get two drops of milk. It's gray. What does that mean?

She will need to do some good rolling to get baby back into place. See how she is wide again.

Day309Inposition_zps8dd1f05e.jpg

DSCN5354_zps12590535.jpg

What colour is her hooha? can we see please?

Last edited by a moderator:
These mares can be sooooooooooooooooo frustrating cant they!! She's looking good but still has a little way to go - not to say that things cant happen quickly! A word about her tail wrap - braid if you must (we never do) but it is not a good idea to leave a tail wrap on, it can damage the blood flow in the dock very quickly, particularly as it tightens when it slips down. If you want to wrap the top half of her tail then do it during the first stage of labour and remove it as soon as the foal is born. If you prefer to braid, this can also be done with the last minute signs of foaling and again must be removed as soon as the foal is born. Continuous braiding of tails can break the tail hairs so is not really a good idea unless there is some specific reason. Just thought I would mention it.
default_yes.gif

I had never thought of the baby getting walloped or that braiding would cause issues... Thank you for letting me know! I'll go unwrap it.

Tonight's pictures:

DSCN5378_zps71577be0.jpg
DSCN5381_zps6046c98d.jpg
InsideDay311PM_zpsc457ea5e.jpg
DSCN5382_zps30c2c51d.jpg

This morning, she is looking skinny again. She's also been acting normal since yesterday about 10 AM. She's 312 Days

DSCN5408_zpsd2d2c73c.jpg
DSCN5404_zps085768c1.jpg
DSCN5407_zpsc6ac1a76.jpg
RSCN5409_zpsd6791632.jpg

Wow baby has really moved forward
default_smile.png
keep a close eye on her now.

Was just going to say the same thing Renee - and at the rate certain mares seem to be delivering their babies today, I would be keeping a VERY close eye on her.
default_yes.gif

Wow definitely looking very close. From the photo looking down on her back she doesn't even look pregnant anymore. Her tummy has dropped and moved close to her front legs. Hoping and praying for a very safe delivery! How is she doing? Any new changes?

Latest posts

Back