Sadie the yo-yo's Daughter: Chloe owned by Viola **Update**

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow your pair are gorgeous will be a stunning foal! very excited for you!

so have you got the camera up yet? she looks ready to go any day
default_smile.png

good luck with foaling

Neither one of them are pinto, but they both have one parent that is pinto. Diane, I'm glad for your sake the electrical issues were taken over and your computer up and running again too! Yup, that's the calculator I used.

I don't have a camera up yet, as my husband still has to get power to her stall. She's in a pen away from my barn... He got switched to graveyard shift for a week, so I've made up a list of things for him to do when he gets time off next week.

Sadie's looking like she really is due in April instead of taking on the first breeding. I figured out what the lopsided look is. That's how Sadie looks now. Her udder seems content and hasn't swollen back up (thankfully).

I hadn't thought of that, but after you mentioned it, I went back and looked at the fourth leg. It IS above the knee, so you're right, Diane. This baby could have quite the color combo...

A pinto silver buckskin filly, now wouldn't that be awesome!
default_pray.gif
Just my luck, I'd get a chestnut colt, since I already own two chestnuts...
default_crybaby.gif

I get the same as Diane when i use the colour calculator, what colour option did you choose for the dam and sire?
Just now, I got the same as both of you just going off Chestnut & Silver Buckskin. Adding in the tobiano, it just divide all the percentages in half and adds it to the other half. I never even thought of the baby having white beyond the face and feet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Photos taken today.

DSCN5043_zpsb8f05b00.jpg
DSCN5050_zpsfd850226.jpg
DSCN5048_zps8433ce74.jpg
DSCN5046_zps13c940b5.jpg

DSCN5042_zps9eb8523a.jpg

I don't think I'm going to get much sleep! My hubby has yet to put a door on the stall and board up under the manger!
default_frusty.gif
I've put some straw down, but I need to get the rest in there. She's changed drastically from yesterday! I am going to check vulva color as I forgot to do that. Still, UGH!!!!
default_thud.gif

wow! a little more in that udder and she will be good to go! that baby will soon fall out by the look of that behind!
default_new_shocked.gif
keep a close eye on her! I think you will be giving us some good news very soon! :D

baby needs to move in position a little more, but I think once SHE does it will be pretty much go go go from there
default_smile.png
good luck and safe foaling! cannot wait to see this baby!!!

Wow she is looking VERY close to me! How exciting!!!

OH boy, I can't wait to see baby pictures! I am no help with the predicting stuff since I am brand new at all of this! Good Luck!! How exciting!!

Val

Thank you for all the "filly" cheering!
default_yes.gif
Oh, and thanks for the vitamin advice! I bought her some yesterday. It's been almost four years since my own pregnancy, so I totally forgot about the importance of vitamins in pregnancy especially...

In her huh-hum, she is normally a soft pink, but last night, it turned dark pink. It looks a soft red (if there is one) this morning. I was able to express a touch of milk last night and it was clear. It's tinged yellow this morning. I've heard of it being sticky, but I never imagined it was THAT sticky. She has also started to soften around the tailhead. Not much, but it's there. She also can't clamp her tail as tight as before, but she still can. She's still eating well too. I figure that will at least buy me time for today.

Last night, hubby fixed it so I have a light in Sadie's stall and built a "mini" door so she can look out when it's closed!
default_firstprize.gif
I also got all the straw in there and she likes it. She was a little leery at first, but she hasn't been leaving her stall much since. Luckily, since the light is in there, all I have to do is stick my head out the door and I can see her really well now. Before, I couldn't tell unless she was near the front of her stall. When the stall was made, we put a gate on the front that had fencing instead of wood, so we could see in. It was once a kennel for when my Lab had her puppies five years ago.

I just have to figure out how to rig up the camera now. I was going to do a grocery run tomorrow, but it looks like I better get it done this morning, so that I don't have to go anywhere for the rest of the week. I don't like how cold it is. It was 28 degrees last night, but in the high fifties during the day. The snow level is supposed to drop to 600 ft on Wed. We're at about 500 feet... I certainly hope not...

default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif
sounds like some will have a baby soon. Sending prayers for a safe and easy foaling
default_pray.gif
We will be here if you need us
default_yes.gif

Keeping my fingers crossed for a smooth foaling and a healthy baby - good luck!!

So exciting!!
default_yes.gif

Can't wait to see your - silver, buckskin "FILLY"!!!!

also, for the color gurus out there - doesn't the fact that the mare can carry the bay agouti gene (1 or 2 copies) also affect the color percentages? I had not realized that chestnut horses could carry the bay agouti (don't ask me why, LOL)... I was surprised when I've had two of my chestnut tobis tested and they both carry 1 bay agouti (ee, Aa, Tt)... They aren't related. For some reason, i had it in my mind that if the horse carried bay genes - it was bay, ROFL... Forgot that bay genes, like silver, only affect or show up on black horses.

I
default_wub.png
the coloring of the stallion you chose to breed her to. Can't wait to see what pops out for you!

yes would love to know how she is... good choice about doing the shopping early... I wouldn't be leaving her at this stage...

can we get another pic of how her tummy and boobies are going pretty please?
default_smile.png

can't wait to hear your good news very soon!
default_luck.gif

Can't wait to see your - silver, buckskin "FILLY"!!!!

also, for the color gurus out there - doesn't the fact that the mare can carry the bay agouti gene (1 or 2 copies) also affect the color percentages? I had not realized that chestnut horses could carry the bay agouti (don't ask me why, LOL)... I was surprised when I've had two of my chestnut tobis tested and they both carry 1 bay agouti (ee, Aa, Tt)... They aren't related. For some reason, i had it in my mind that if the horse carried bay genes - it was bay, ROFL... Forgot that bay genes, like silver, only affect or show up on black horses.

I
default_wub.png
the coloring of the stallion you chose to breed her to. Can't wait to see what pops out for you!
The chestnut gene masks a lot of genes... It masks the silver, black, and can even mask the bay gene. The only one it doesn't mask (that I know of) is the creme gene.

Sadie, the booger, pooped solid poop in her stall last night. She has NEVER pooped in her stall NO matter how bad the weather was in the two years that I've owned her!!! Definite change of behavior. Other than that, she's eating like a cow and acts like she isn't even interested in having a baby.

I was able to express milk yesterday. It's getting a darker yellow, but I need to check her this morning. I was too mad at her for pooping in her stall to check everything.

Sadie hasn't been leaving her stall AT ALL. I let her out of her pen just so she'd move around. She's locked in the back yard with her gate open so she can go back in. I can view her just by turning my head. It's nice. She's devouring the grass and not touching her hay. Her milk is amber colored and she kicked me when I tried to express it. I kicked her back in the rump. She ran around and came back to me. As much as she doesn't want me touching her, she enjoys me near here. She doesn't seem to want to be alone.

Her hooha is back to pink, it's not as long (probably due to how cold it is!), and her udder not so floofy. Figures...

Latest posts

Back