Sadie the yo-yo's Daughter: Chloe owned by Viola **Update**

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the update, she looks fabulous
default_smile.png
I think you should try and let them out to graze though or they will never learn, the longer they stay closed up the more baby will run when she gets out. (does that make sense) If you turn them out every day Sadie will soon learn that baby is safe and she won't get so upset. Chloe running around is totally normal and she needs to build up her strength. Have you seen Amy's video of her wild little one running around and driving her mum Cinnamon nuts? Or Sara's baby galloping around the barn? New mum's will eventually settle down
default_yes.gif
I know you love her to bits and are worried that they will get hurt but as long as the open space is big enough they will be just fine.

Thanks for the update, she looks fabulous
default_smile.png
I think you should try and let them out to graze though or they will never learn, the longer they stay closed up the more baby will run when she gets out. (does that make sense) If you turn them out every day Sadie will soon learn that baby is safe and she won't get so upset. Chloe running around is totally normal and she needs to build up her strength. Have you seen Amy's video of her wild little one running around and driving her mum Cinnamon nuts? Or Sara's baby galloping around the barn? New mum's will eventually settle down
default_yes.gif
I know you love her to bits and are worried that they will get hurt but as long as the open space is big enough they will be just fine.
I only had them locked in the stall for 2 days before they got constant turnout. Chloe is still my crazy little speedster, but you are right. Momma finally quit freaking out after a week of all of Chloe's nonsense.
default_closedeyes.gif
Now that she's halterbroke, I can let them out together for walks. Sadie really relaxes when Chloe is being led. She seems to know everything is alright since Chloe can't run away on her. I did take them to my parents and Chloe got out though we had no clue how (we found out 2 days later that it was through a gate that we thought was closed). Sadie went ballistic. Luckily, Chloe is very social and was easy to catch.

Here's a picture of her after her first bath. When I turned her loose, she immediately went and rolled in the dirt.
default_doh.gif
I measured her yesterday. She's 24" at the last hair (25" at the wither). She's grown 3" since she was born!!!!!
default_thud.gif
She still has an 8" cannon bone measurement. Maybe she's getting it all in early? I know momma's got good milk, because Chloe gets a milk mustache from nursing!

DSCN6509_zps9e22953e.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of them gain their height quickly and then stop. I know my Falabella babies are almost always their full height by their first birthday. They seldom grow much more after that, so it's fine that she's sprouting up so nicely.

She is just the most adorable baby. I LOVED seeing your updated photos.

Viola she is just a little doll! And sounds a lot like my Wildfire super friendly but turbo charged. Angel use to have a hard time with Wildfire's independent streak too but now they seem to have worked it out. Keep those pictures coming they are just adorable!

What a pretty girl - she looks very happy in her 'work' too. Well done you!

Latest posts

Back