Sadie the yo-yo's Daughter: Chloe owned by Viola **Update**

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When your mare goes into labor you will not have time to call anyone, unless you can do it and run at the same time. Tell them you will let them know once the foal is born. Speaking from very recent experience. You MIGHT have time once you check the mare and see if things are going OK, but I would (and did today) do that first..

She could certainly go at any time from now on. As Mary says, having had Toffee go from not looking quite ready to foaling in a very short time, you may not have time to phone anyone, plus it is your vets number that should be at the top of your 'quick contacts' numbers at foaling time just in case. But if any of the folks you mentioned above can come over and spend time with you anyway in the hope that she might foal while they are there, then that could be helpful - maybe they could entertain certain family members to leave the 'atmosphere' a little less stressful for Sadie? (families eh??)

Good luck, keeping my fingers crossed for you and saying prayers for a smooth, safe foaling.
default_yes.gif

I agree that it is unlikely you will have time to call anyone other than your vet when she goes. Try and keep her as relaxed as possible and Anna said perhaps you mum or someone could come over and keep an eye on the kids for you.

Safe foaling.

She's looking so good -- got that little "V" going on, and her hooha looks like baby will just fall out!!

Happy foaling -- it won't be long now!! She's doing fabulous!

She has such loose stool yesterday that there was no form to it. I was hopeful, but nope. Sadie's still preggo and doesn't look like she'll be going today... I think she loves being pregnant and is refusing to have the baby.

I agree, they love being pregnant and teasing us lol. Hey they all seem to be going long this year so I don't feel so bad. Although it took me 10 days to recuperate from the stress and lack of sleep lol. Hey, Skye was worth it. Darn Missy scared the bejesus out of me.

Sadie must have heard that Dancer had her foal, 'cause she's biting at her sides a lot, was down and grunting, and her vulva is a crazy red! I wish I had taken my camera out there!

I think she is so beautiful. Can't give you advice on when she'll go. My Sweetie is at 350 if the ultrasound dating was correct so sometimes it can last forever. Can't wait to see your gorgeous baby!

Thank you... I could look at her forever. She's acting normal again and eating... I don't mind. However, we finally have some awesome weather for it! 80*F during the day and in the 40*s at night...

COME ON SADIE!! It really is a good time to show us your pretty little one, so it can be royally spoiled all weekend!!!

default_please.gif

I'm rooting for you Viola, you must be exhausted. If it helps any Angel ate her full bucket of grain barely 10 minutes before her water broke so even if she's eating it can still happen. Can't wait to see Sadie baby pictures
default_smile.png

Wow, I can't believe how long these mares of ours are going! Come on Sadie, the spotlight is all yours!

This is one of the oddest years! Such long pregnancies -- but such beautiful little ones! I guess if we have to wait to get such precious babies, it's worth the wait!!

Okay, so Sadie DID wax and is actually dripping colostrum I went into her stall and she was eating normal. I decided to brush her off since I didn't do it when I fed her and her tail didn't drop flat like it normally does. She was normal this morning but seemed off. She was just breathing hard while standing. I figured it was from the HOT were having. It was 85*F today and freezing last week! I went to church as I had two classes to teach and my hubby said he'd watch her. He's sick, so I let him since I thought he'd be watching movies and listening to the baby monitor.. He ended up sleeping all morning...
default_thumbdown.gif

It was nice getting out of the house, but I didn't want to. I've missed so much church since Sadie started this whole mess in March. Church was great, and I'm SOOOO relieved Sadie waited for me! No more leaving her until this is over her!!!
default_thumbup.gif
Even if it takes a week more.

Sadie is acting normal. No rolling, no rubbing, no nothing. She did lift up her foot a little when I went to brush her, so I thought a fly was bothering her. I went to look under her tummy and found it was the dripping bothering her, not a fly at all. Good thing I brushed her! I know she waxed, because she still has some on the right side (her "full side"). Her "weak side" ironically is the side that's dripping.

So, now more waiting. Here's from 6pm.

DSCN6181_zps52bd79a5.jpg
DSCN6185_zps16660839.jpg

And these are from this morning:

DSCN6179_zps855c572a.jpg

DSCN6178_zps97e358d6.jpg
DSCN6175_zps816d00f9.jpg

default_please.gif
Question: How long now that she's dripping?
default_thumbup.gif
default_impatient.jpg
default_deadhorse2.gif

safe foaling......

Once Dancer waxed I think it was less than an hour.. but all mares are different of course!!! Dancer never dripped milk..

Last edited by a moderator:
Getting super close! I can't wait to see your little one! Ginny went to day 353. The girls are right, we had no time to call anyone. You'll have one thing on your mind, getting the goal out alive, and helping mom!

Latest posts

Back