Sadie the yo-yo's Daughter: Chloe owned by Viola **Update**

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She's quietly grazing out in the pasture. No swishing of her tail other than casual, slow stokes toward flies. No rolling. No kicking. NOTHING!!!!
default_deadhorse2.gif
default_deadhorse2.gif
default_deadhorse2.gif

Sounds as though you have everything covered - good luck and safe foaling if she goes tonight!
default_yes.gif

Yes I can totally relate to the difficulties of looking after a family and marewatching. I remember one of my boys last year shouting off the balcony that there was nothing to eat in the cupboard. I feel aweful about it now but at the time my poor sweet innocent child drove me nuts
default_frusty.gif
Why do kids eat so much and during foaling season
default_xbud.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif

Looks like baby could drop right out!! So glad you will be in attendance -- it's so important! And it looks like we're going to have a new baby VERY soon!!!

Just wanted to add that we lost a foal (before we ever got a live one) when I turned my back for NO MORE THAN 15 minutes after checking the mare who was quietly eating. 15 minutes later (and I was within about 50 feet) there was a dead foal in her stall that didn't get out of the sac. It still haunts me and is why I do not leave my property while waiting for mares to foal. Yep, I have not left the place since the middle of March.

She was restless all night, but she looks like nothings going on. Normal poop, but small piles. I thought she was in labor at 3:42 this morning. She was down, grunting, breathing hard, nickered three times, lift her head up, back down... I couldn't find my shoes (which I ALWAYS keep at the back door), so by the time I found them, she was standing up acting like nothing had ever happened. This Yo-Yo trip is getting old.

At what point do you call the vet? She's only 338 days. Milk is back to thick and syrupy while sweet. Udder is firm and full. It was hot last night, but just warm this morning.

DSCN6017_zps89529867.jpg
DSCN6018_zps3d1eeda2.jpg
DSCN6019_zps92370f84.jpg
DSCN6020_zpsab5ed7b8.jpg
DSCN6026_zps2bab7cdc.jpg

I think that you are just going to have to be patient!
default_gaah.gif

She IS close and she WILL have this baby soon!!
default_yes.gif

The vet can't really do anything at this point, but I sure feel your pain and frustration, because we are waiting on a maiden too. She will go into labor eventually, and if all goes well, the baby will be out before you know it (like 5-10 minutes). If that doesn't happen and she stays down and pushing - THEN you call the vet.

I agree, I know how stressing this is but believe me she will foal soon
default_yes.gif
She is filling her udder and all looks well so no need for you to call the vet.
default_smile.png

I totally agree. She is doing so good! Everything moving ahead at once -- and you'll have your little one before much longer! Nothing to worry about -- she's doing perfectly!

Whew! I'm so glad I have this board for advice and reassurance!
default_cheekkiss.gif
I've been so worried and it doesn't help when my hubby flat told me this morning that he "predicts that it will die". Just what I wanted to hear...
default_mlala.gif
default_gaah.gif
Needless to say, I cried. We haven't had much luck with horses, especially me. He'd be thrilled if I got out of them. And yet, I still persist and have hope.

Sadie is doing well. She got me excited with 2 1/2 small piles of loose poop this morning. It's back to normal this afternoon. Her belly was normal, then went to sticking out like crazy on both sides. She hasn't been like that in a LONG time. She was real hallow in the flanks from it. She's back to normal again.

I just realized our mares were bred on about the same dates if you mare was 337 days on 4/26. I figured that one of ours was 338 days today and our two are due 3 days apart. And our maiden is doing just about the same things as your maiden mare and they seem to be driving us similarly crazy!!! But isn't it nice to know you aren't alone??

Tell hubby to come on here if he is brave enough cos I want to whip his ...
default_xbud.gif
If it was upto men we would have been extinct many moons ago
default_xkngt.gif

This baby will be just fine provided you are there to help him/her into the world. Now calm down and don't worry so much, we don't want you getting sick now do we.

Last edited by a moderator:
All is going to be fine. You're watching her well, you know how she acts and when there are changes, and we'll get this baby safely on the ground!

You're going to be fine -- just take care of yourself, and know that things are progressing as they should -- even as frustrating as they are. She'll get that little one lined up and then you'll have a wonderful little present to play with. I bet hubby will get a softness in his eyes that he will not admit once this precious little one is safely on the ground!

I sure hope this baby leaves a footprint on his heart that nothing can wash off! Then, he'd understand!
default_yes.gif
Just like Sadie left on mine!

Latest posts

Back