Rosey - foaling date 1st week of March

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This morning she was a little quieter when I went out to feed and YES... baby seems to have moved from what seemed to be more vertical yesterday, to the riding sideways again. Trying to make up HER little mind I suppose! LOL (Rosey has an early 3mos.abortion in 2011... it was a little filly
default_sad.png
I found out in the pasture. I had her cultured and flushed ... didn't breed her back that year.) That was the same time my maiden mare continue to carry until about 280 days and aborted, then retained the placenta and spent 8 days at the vet.
default_gaah.gif

I'm ready for a baby!!!!!! I now know what you long time breeders have gone through and still endure each year. My BF is to the point where he doesn't even want me to leave the house now and always checking on Rosey and the others. That makes me feel good. I might have to hang on to him! LOL
default_wub.png

Rosey did her usual rolling this morning and she is quietly out grazing. I will leave her alone most of the day to do as she pleases and will be in the barn next to her doing bridle paths on the others and annual vaccinations. It's a sunny day today.

I will get butt shots and do a PH test this afternoon and post later. Time to get to work .....

Rosey tested 6.8 again this evening. Her bag was alot more firm and it was easy to express clear liquid very easily now. Tail head more loose ... appetite a little better as far as her feed but she is just hanging out and pretty mellow.... until I stall her!

days 309.jpg309 days.jpg309.jpgday 309.jpg

She is doing a marathon again ....she must get more exercise in the stall than outside lol

Hope she shows you that pretty little foal soon

Last edited by a moderator:
I am about to drop off this chair ... I can hardly keep my eyes open ... got just a tad carried away with the bridle clipping today but got 5 horses clipped ... heads and part of their necks and all got vaccinated. My back is killing me and I am tired!!!!! Rosey, you go girl
default_xreiter.gif
.... I got to go lay down!
default_hypocrite.gif

5.45 am Rosey seems to be getting used to her routine
default_smile.png
the pics are great and she is moving along wonderfully, I bet 10 days from now so that would be

Thursday 28th and i say Filly
default_smile.png

Place your bets ladies
default_yes.gif

You know, I went back out there last night and decided to close off one of her windows in the far corner so she would only have one place to look out. I also moved the camera down a little bit too. She quit going around in circles so much. She just doesn't want to be out there by herself. She stood there and watched me cover that window and was so observant and calm. As soon as I walked out of the stall after messing around, she started her little whinny.

This am .... tested 6.8 still. She is actually standing in the stall quietly on her own, door open, just like she used to, so that is good. I like to see her acting more at ease. We have some more storms headed this way so hopefully it won't get too bad. I'm back to work tomorrow, Tuesday. She is 310 today. I'll test tonight before I put her to bed for the evening and we shall see how she acts tonight!

I'm back real quick to add at 4:00 pm .... she is actually down sternal, resting! IN THE STALL, BY CHOICE, WITH THE DOOR OPEN, LIKE THE GOOD OLE DAYS! FINALLY!
default_thumbup.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Rosey is gorgeous! and they will have a beautiful foal!

she just came in for a second then wandered back out.... she has just come back in again and is standing swishing her tail
default_smile.png

she is progressing so good! very exciting! she has a nice V going too in that last pic...

oh out she goes again... lol come back Rosey
default_smile.png

We're back ... have scattered storms hitting above and below us with tornados. When Rosie disappears, she is walking into the corner of the stall. If she lays down you will be able to see her for sure but she has this path beaten down around the perimeter of the inside of the stall that she walks ,,,, in a circle. She stops at the door and looks out. I may try to relocate the camera but it may not get any better as my rafters are low and I don't think I will be able to go to far as it is a wired IP camera.

stay safe!

9:53 pm and I can see Rosie's bum lol she sure looks fat from this angle lol, just standing quietly doing a bit of leg shifting...

I don't know how much sleep your getting Lynne but you can rest for a while I'm in the office for another 2 1/2 hours
default_smile.png

Stay safe in those storms Lynne - glad to hear that Rosey is beginning to settle down.
default_yes.gif

2.00 am and she is quiet. I am so glad she is finally settling down in her stable, that is a very good sign
default_thumbup.gif

Update: Rosey hangin in there ... still testing 6.8. I find it strange that she has decided to have a dislike for Omelene 300. Offered to any of my horses and they LOVE the stuff! She also was happy to be eating it last month when I started her on it. Now, she picks at it. My horses have been on Purina Mini horse for a good year or so and she loves it. I offered it to her and she wants it back, so ... what Mama Rosey wants to eat ... Mama Rosey will get!
default_worshippy.gif
She is also getting alfalfa cubes.

I check on her when I can via my office computer and she is so relaxed during the day. I am leaving her inside her small paddock area attached to the stall but allowing her in and out access. She stayed in the stall alot and rested. Once I put her in the stall for the night, usually around 7:00pm, she stands by the stall door and looks out.

If I need to be contacted ... feel free to send me a text message too! Work has been
default_giveup.gif
I just can't put it in words here!
default_new_let_it_all_out.gif

Will she eat it if you mix it with the Mini horse feed? Our Jewel takes so long to eat her feed and doesnt really like to eat the alfalfa pellets. I always wonder if I am feeding our horse enough or if she is getting what she needs. Maybe your horse is getting picky now because it is so close to her time.

I initially mixed the two ....when I moved her over to the Omelene 300 and she was OK with it .... enjoyed it, as usual. I know alot of it has to do with her being near the end of her pregnancy but when I tried mixing it again, she acted like she was discouraged, trying to pick out the mini horse. Most of her food was left in the box at the time for next feeding. It may taste better to her after the foal is born ... I'm going to give the others a little bit of it in each of their feed to use it up so I can get a fresh bag sooner. They will appreciate the treat, I'm sure.

any other progress for her tonight Lynne? 10:24 and I can see her butt LOL I can also see that you changed the angle
default_smile.png
yay! hopefully she won't be able to hide in the bottom corner now... :/ you know these mares they like to do that to us!

Latest posts

Back