Rosey - foaling date 1st week of March

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She's out all day long ... she just hates when I close that stall door now. Her stall is 12x12 so it gives her room enough to exercise at night if she feels the need!
default_whistling.gif

My foaling stall is up by itself attached to my feed/tack room. My other stalls are set up in each drylot area and each horse has their own stall ... like a four-plex setup in each area. They are also smaller. She does get to socialize during the day as her pasture area shares fence with her girlfriends. She just got that way within the last few days. She usually stays to herself and never seems to mind hanging out by herself. I'll be happy to get this foal on the ground safely and look forward to just watching all of them interact and play with the new baby.
default_thumbup.gif

OK ... I gave in. I put Rosey in the stall for the night and she just had a fit, so .... I moved her little friend into her pasture area and they visited. That was not good enough. Rosey still paced around the stall and just was too anxious for me to leave her in there like that, so I opened the stall door. Let the other girls out to roam around in Rosey's big pasture tonight. Rosey is still in her little paddock area attached to her stall and can visit .... but tomorrow night ..... LOL

She is just full of it the last few days!!!!! I'm sure she won't spend much time in the stall tonight if anyone may peek in on her.
default_thumbdown.gif

Yes Suzie took ages to settle and would often get upset, I remember getting poor Cassie out of bed many times to go see what was upsetting her
default_sad.png
she settled down eventually though

Today I got my "foal time" ph test kit in the mail. I tested Rosey this evening and she is between a 7.0 and 7.2

I have never used test strips before but thought it would be a good aid this time around since I missed her last foaling.

She is much quieter tonight and she is in the stall .... ALL NIGHT! The other girls are back in their own pasture and she nickered at them but doesn't seem so frantic. I kept her in her small paddock area off her stall today also ... there was no socializing at the fence today at all, so I guess she has figured out she is where she is going to be until the baby comes. I groomed her, clipped a little more up her belly as she is shedding really bad and took more pics. What do you think?

20130214_182245.jpg

i just love the foal-time strips and would never foal out again without them. They make life so much easier.
default_yes.gif
She looks great but a titzy bit fat
default_wub.png
are we aloud to call a preggo girl fat or is that wrong
default_giveup.gif

My girls used to go from 7.0 to foaling in a week to 10 days but of course each girl is different.
default_pray.gif

3.40 am and the cam is not coming up!

I have asked one of the marestare crew to call Lynne.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did get a call about my cam being down just before my alarm was to go off to get up for work .... thank you for that!

My camera was online but the program that allows marestare to run it was down .... I reconnected and its up running again. Rosey is pacing ... walking circles.

That last pic of her side view that got posted was actually the wrong one. I was having problems getting pics to upload last night and once I realized I uploaded the wrong pic and posted it, I couldn't get it off there ... plus I had company too, ya know, being valentines day and all ... LOL

Renee ... she might be a little bit heavy, but .....
default_whistling.gif
Let me see if I can post the actual pics from last night of her .... if not, I'll get new ones. I must of brushed a pound of hair off her, at least!

I will have to check into the adobe flash media program that is being used to run my cam on marestare since my camera was up and running fine .... thanks

Time for morning coffee and another day in paradise at work
default_frusty.gif

http://192.168.1.129:8090/

try that link and see if you can access my cam on its own IP address ....

I am NOT on marestare at this time ..... I am on my cam by itself as there is apparently a problem with my internet speed at the moment and I am going to check into stuff .... I just got in from messing with her ... PH test went down a color, so ...... I have some re-wiring to do also ... should be back up soon, I hope! One way or another!

default_frusty.gif
I have tried a few things ..... shut my computer down .... an option to download an update showed up ... I did that and jumped through some hoops and I think I am back on marestare again. If you can try my marestare link .... please do!

3.30 am and she is restless and looking out of the window ( I think)

Just freshened up Rosey's maternity suite ... she tested 6.8 PH this evening and the foal seems to be getting into position. Her profile is changing now. Her appetite has been almost zero on the Omelene 300 ... she picks at that and I let her out in the big pasture today to graze. She enjoyed that for sure, although there is not much to graze on. I went and bought some alfalfa/timothy cubes and she is chomping on them now, so I feel better about that. She has free choice hay that she picks at also.

She still paces in the stall but maybe not as bad. She is ready to get out of there in the morning! It would be nice if she decided to foal this weekend but I guess we have a little time left .... I am off until Tuesday.
default_whistling.gif

Do you have any current photos of Ms. Rosey? Hoping for a foal very soon.

Latest posts

Back