Rosey - foaling date 1st week of March

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you sound like me, i never groom them for photoes either lol! For some reason tho, I reckon they still stay pretty white considering how grotty they get.

Rosey is looking big and beautiful!
default_smile.png
With the spot on her udder, at first it looks like she is missing a nipple, haha.

Ooooo looking just perfect for 295 days - not long to go now before we hear the patter of tiny hooves!! So exciting.
default_yes.gif

Im loving that BIG baby belly..looking forward to seeing the baby soon
default_thumbup.gif

I should have the cam up for public viewing on the Marestare link tonight. When I get off work today they will remote access my computer and get me fixed up. If anyone wants to peek in on her tonight, the link should work. I bring her in from her own pasture at dinner time and she stays up for the night. She has access to a very small outside paddock off her stall door that I leave open right now. You will see her go out and check out what may be going on ... dog barking ... she can see her pasture buddies and her "baby daddy" from her area so she likes to venture out and keep in touch. She spends most of her time in the stall at night and does lay down to nap .... sometimes flat out too, so don't be alarmed by that. She snoozes out in the pasture that way also, as most of the others do.

I'll holler back when I have the cam going and make sure the same link is applicable!

Hi Lynne and Welcome back
default_saludando.gif
Rosey looks great and is moving forward just wonderfully, I can't wait to see this little beauty, with parents like that he/she can only be gorgeous. What are we chanting for, a filly or a colt?

Renee ... I sure would love to have a little filly!
default_yes.gif
If she has a bay, which will be most likely, I hope Rosey passes her silver gene this time. I love silver bays and of course there will be a pinto pattern of some kind .... it's exciting with these overo's just to see the color and how loud they are when they arrive!

I will be headed home shortly and will get her up on the camera soon.

By the way ... off topic ... but I just added new perlino pinto mare, so I can hopefully, in the future, breed for a beautiful little buckskin pinto!!!!!!
default_thumbup.gif

Gorgeous minis you have there! Can't wait to see this foal! Also Can't wait to see the new arrival! I am new to the mini world, this will be my second time with a foal so I am super excited! I just love foaling season.
default_thumbup.gif

20130203_163204-1.jpg

Sneek peek is right! I took this the other day when I took Rosey's pics. This mare has got a nice winter coat on her and was a dirty mess but ... awesome personality, a real sweetheart, settled in well and once I get that hair shaved off her ..... Well .... I just fell in love with her little head and ears and hip and ......

Can't wait to put the clippers to her ... she's 33 ", has had one foal (buckskin filly) and I hope to breed her to my stallion (s).

Better photos to come, but you asked for it ... haha

Your new mare is adorable! I see what you mean about her head and hip, very nice.

For those who may have checked out the last "Select buyers sale" she was on there. My BF and I drove 13 hours round trip a couple Sundays ago to pick her up. I am soooo glad no one else saw what I saw in her. She is really beautiful. Gorgeous blue eyes, sweet as can be, straight legs, has a head like her sire and she is Buckeroo bred top and bottom. Diamond in the rough to me, for sure and I have wanted a double dilute forever, so I finally got her! I need to get some of that hair off her ... maybe give her a little head clip, etc .... she moves really nice too!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks! I was very happy when we got there and saw how sweet she was and I got my hands on her. The drive was long but well worth it. The place was beautiful, former owner was super and the horses that she had were also very nice!

So much for that ... really good experience though!

20130203_170909.jpg297 days.jpg

Change in 2 days time

I thought I would take a pic, out of curiousity, to see what kind of change Rosey has made in two days since my initial pics. She seems to be filling slow but sure. Her normal gestation has been around 320 days. She is such a sweet mare anyway, but when she get close to foaling, I noticed last time she got real clingly and wanting alot of attention. She is not a real pocket pet normally and would just rather be on her way and do her own thing unless you have treats to offer. I guess it's easier for her to just stand still and be loved on with all that extra weight!
default_unsure.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you are 7 hours behind me so that should make it 2.00 am there. Rosey has been down resting for the last 45 mins, going from flat to sternal

Renee' ... Yes, it seems there is a 7 hour difference between us and thanks for peeking in on my girl while I was asleep! I mentioned earlier that she has a little small outside paddock off her stall that is fenced off, then an additional pasture area for turnout all to herself. I put her up in that small area in the evening and let her out to access her pasture during the day until dinner time... I will confine her to her stall once she get closer.

She likes her stall though ... a little country music playing softly and she can just hang out and chill
default_thumbup.gif

Latest posts

Back