Rosey - foaling date 1st week of March

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Full moon is not gonna do much for me tonight. Marcella has started her udder, but it is far from ready to roll. And so we all get to wait awhile longer.

Lynne, if you cant get into any of the public cams on the MareWatchers page it is probably because we switched over to a different IP address recently and maybe your computer has the old IP cached in it's browser. try deleting all your cached files and then give it a try.

Rosey is restless tonight in her stall ... full moon shining down at her while she looks out her stall door. Her bag was alot fuller this evening and very firm. Manure soft with frequent piles. Foal movement high up in hip area. Probably doesn't mean anything for tonight but more positives changes bringing her closer to the inevitable.

On my way to get some rest .... hopefully no problems with cam streaming to marestare tonight. Have a good and safe night everyone!
default_saludando.gif

Hope all is well. I am up early as usual. East Texas has a cold snap along with the pretty moon. Rosie did look a bit restless on camera last night. Now marestare is not streaming there. Hope all is well Lynne. I will check back in before I head out to feed mine.

Hope all is well Lynne - what you were describing yesterday sounds to me like a mare pretty close to foaling, dont think I would be taking my eyes away from her for very long at a time!!

Well ... wrapped Rosey's tail, she is very restless, manure still soft and small piles, she is squatting alot, biting her sides .... just different tonight....SO ... MAYBE we'll get a BABY! If my cam goes off, it may be a momentary thing and come back up .... Yes, I have some issues unfortunately with it, still. If it stay down for more than a minute or more, let me know PLEASE!

Could someone please click on my cam link and see if they can access my marestare camera for me please?

I am at work and I think my IT folks cut me off from accessing the site .... before I ask them about it, I need to make sure it still is up and working and it's my computer!

I have her up and she looks fine to me.

oops just wwnt down. not sure if it's my internet or not, we are having a big storm here

Thanks so much! I just called our tech people .... said we had a power outage last night here in the courthouse and messed everything up.... they went in and gave me exclusive access to the website as I told them I HAVE TO HAVE THAT!!!!!
default_thumbup.gif
They know I love my horses!

Thanks again .... everything is good ... just waiting for the baby!!!!!!!
default_whistling.gif

She sure looks ready from the side view and rear view. Have you tested ph and calcium lately?

Ok Rosey, here is the deal plain and simple. You can either produce a February baby in the next couple or hours or otherwise you will be looking at a March baby since we are running out of month shortly.

Lynne, if you have weekends off I do hope she holds off for your sake. They used to tease me at work for all the lame excuses I made up for calling in around foal time. They KNEW it was horse maternity leave.

Ok now, for you undercover gals: You are really reallly doing a poor job because I tested you. I sang "I Feel For You" to Choctaw since her nickname is Chaka Connie derived from Chaka Khan who sings aforementioned song back in the disco days. I brought out the disco ball and did some pole dancing to see if I could lure you out of the shadows. Seems you were not there but the neighbors were. They called me wild. They called me crazy. And then they called me an ambulance!

Vicki! You're right ... this time. While you were out on your pole swinging around singing Chaka Kahn .... I was over here doing my disco rendition of 'SHE'S A BRICK HOUSE .!!!!!"

No pole for me, I just get down and drop it like it's HOT!
default_risa8.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
Thing about that is .... these days ,,, I can barely get back up!

Anyway, did PH yesterday still 6.8. I will have to admit and I'm sure this happens to others.... you wait and then finally you reach a point where you've watch the pot of water, waiting for it to boil, nothing happens and you just walk away and leave it alone for awhile. I did make a little gate fence for her as a stall door tonight so she could see out, thinking it would let her relax and possibly lay down and rest better and not feel so closed in with the stall door closed. She used to lay down during the day and rest but once I started shutting her in, she hasn't layed down since.

Friday or Saturday night would be just fine with me! It will be cold here though, unfortunately.
default_thumbdown.gif

We are all wearing shorts and sandals here. Just went out at night .. no jacket..no cold wind.. nice clear starry sky. I think it usually takes a good storm perhaps to put a goat into labor.. No?

Back