Rosey - foaling date 1st week of March

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K Sera

Reaction score
from a little place in the South to Mid Michigan
Hi everyone! I've been reading and watching ... as some of you may remember, I lost 2 last year ... one early and a late term... maiden mare who aborted with a retained placenta. My first year breeding story! The mare that is due to foal was in with the stallion at the time my little mare aborted last year and I immediately took her out after having gone through that ordeal. She ended up in foal after all. I really didn't want to go through the emotional distress of it all again, but here I am.

Of course, I am excited to see what my little stallion has produced since this will be his first to make it
default_pray.gif
. I got this mare to breed to him specifically, so .... we shall see! I have moved her up to the foaling stall and getting ready for the big event. I will look forward to updating with pics and also reading everyone elses updates, etc....
default_thumbup.gif

I am in the process of getting my old IP camera up and running and also working with Heather on MareStare to see if I can use their service also. If not, I may get a new setup.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear about your previous experiences. Hopefully this time all will go well for you. How far is your little girl?

Congrats! Cant wait for pics.

Welcome back! Wishing you all the best for this year's foaling and yes, please can we have pictures of the expectant parents.
default_yes.gif

It is always hard when you lose one, let alone two- very bad luck you had last year.

It does not get any easier though, even with experience- I always say the day I stop caring when I lose one is the day I give up breeding.

Hopefully all will be well this year. Having a foaling date is great but you do know that the one day a mare will never foal is the day she is due, don't you?

I think you are sooo brave and full of heart to go thorugh this process again ..xx.. I lost my foal earlier this month but mymare is now going strong..
default_smile.png
... I ams ure you will have beautiful little foals this year and I will definitely be watching closely
default_smile.png
<3... stick with all these aunties and you will be fine ..xx

Thanks for the welcome everyone! I just realized how the time is passing so quickly and I need to get everything in order ... The last foal this mare had was in 2011. I had her up in the foaling stall and I knew she was getting close. I walked out to feed one morning and there stood a beautiful bay pinto colt, swishing his little tail, both staring at me while I squealed with excitement. I know Rosey looked at me and was thinking, Hey ... I've done this plenty of times... I got this! Calm down! LOL This will be her 10th, if I am counting right. I have her last two, a filly by LK I Stand Grand and the colt is by LK Black Velvet Supreme.

I'm at work so I will try to post pics ... the Daddy is the LWO+ stallion in my avatar, homozygous for black, son of CC Call Me Awesome and Mama Rosey is a Lucky Four mare, daughter of Sids Rebel. Hoping for a loud siver bay filly .... maybe!!!???? Mama carries a copy of the silver gene so she may pass it on.

Both are gorgeous...should be a very nice foal

So sorry about your last season so hard losing 2

here is wishing you a text book foaling this season with a healthy mom and foal

Wish me luck ... tonight I remote connect with marestare to see if my existing IP will work. If it does, we will be on cam!

Last night Rosey got a little TLC ... bridlepath trimmed, brushed, pre-foaling vaccine and worming, tail braided and some treats. I shaved a little bit around her belly and the baby was really jumpin around in there. Rosey loves to be clipped but couldn't relaxed with the foal doing all that bouncin ... kept throwing her off balance.

Thanks for the compliments, by the way. I'm excited to see what my stallion will produce. I delivered him in that very stall 4 years ago and he was my first foaling and a red bag at that, with one leg back, but I got him out! He is very special to me. It was not until that moment that I got him out and heard his little sounds and breaths he was making that I ever could realize how emotional an event it was and I will never forget it. Each one I watch touches me that way as I know it does all of you, especially when things go right!!!!

Wishing you happy foaling this time around. Hope all goes well. I know you are getting excited.

Well, I have typed a reply with info about getting my cam set up several times and for some reason I can't post!

I tried to post the link to my cam, the address is there ... Oh well ... I'm tired ... time for bed and better luck tomorrow!

Well, I had my cam up and running ... then ... the I shut down the program that was allowing me to stream live on marestare. Couldn't get that back up like I was supposed to. Now, I can't get my camera to come back up! Back to the drawing board, as they say! Rosey is doing well and progressing nicely. I am going to get pics on Sunday and post them. She will be at 295 days.

Will holler back tomorrow!

Nice sunny day today so while I was cleaning up and getting ready for the baby to arrive, I thought I had better get some pics of Mama Rosey. She is at 295 days today and moving along. Shedding like crazy and hairy as ever! White horses ... don't ya love em! I didn't groom her for pics today ... SORRY! LOL

Cam is working, I'm not linked to Marestare as something happened this weekend and I'll have to get them to re-connect me. I can still access my cam though, so I feel OK about that, for now, since it's early.

20130203_170930.jpg20130203_171010.jpg20130203_170909.jpg20130203_170702.jpg

Latest posts

Back