Rodie's Mini Ranch Invite you to watch

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like shes either dripping milk or waxed a bit.
aktion033.gif

This girl really has me in a tizz
wacko.gif
Her tummy shape and her udder with what seems like wax and then the cam probs,

Lea we feel for you
wink.gif
She sure is a pickle
laugh.gif

Her bag doesnt look any different to me now..... hmmm Can't wait til you have the vet back out to see what is going on. Come on FF the Faker.

It certainly looks as though there is a small amount of wax forming on her teats, but, seriously, she simply doesn't have a full enough udder for wax to be forming - I have never heard of this happening/being possible??

Will be really interested to hear what the vet has to say on Thursday - hopefully it will be good news, but I admit to having niggling doubts as to whether she is in foal, unless you have made a big mistake with her dates Lea. So hoping to be proved wrong.
default_yes.gif

Ps By your dates she is now way overdue for this pregnancy - obviously not possible, so could she have been covered at a later date, even by a different stallion/colt? Her tummy looks pregnant, but not for a foal very soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have any fescue on your property Lea? I always worry about that when a mare is this late.

Well observed Diane - they are indeed very similar. But there are also the dates to consider - I do feel/hope that Fire Fly IS in foal, but somehow she must have been covered a lot later than first thought. We have, if I remember correctly, not being able to check while posting, a date at the start of this topic of 326 days back around 21st September, so a later possible covering date surely must be the answer?

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW! Diane - dont suppose you have a pic of her during that last month to compare?

Goodness - she's a size and a half, bless her.
default_wub.png

But without working out the dates exactly, Fire Fly must be at 360 days or just over (?) and she is not the size of your pretty girl, so I still feel that there must have been a mix up with the dates?

default_new_shocked.gif
WOW Diane. Seeing pics of these girls makes me more and more sure that April's baby was a premmi last year. Or late abortion like my hubby said.. I am so glad I've been following all these foaling threads.
default_aktion033.gif
Still learning.
default_saludando.gif
Thank all of you ladies for the knowledge and suggestions that you give each day to us newbbies
default_wub.png

Gosh Diane, she sure is a wide load bless her
wub.gif
FF doesn't look that far though
no.gif

Lets see what today brings. Good Luck with the vet Lea

Yes, good luck today Lea - keeping my fingers crossed for you.
default_yes.gif

default_saludando.gif
ok whats going on iam a little behind on whats going why do you need the vet

hope all is ok

Best of luck with the vet
default_smile.png

love the pictures of Carie..she certainly looks good with her very large belly
default_wub.png

Lea said yesterday that the vet is coming today
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
lets hope he doesn't cancel

Ok Good news and ok news. First the good news-

I had 2 other mares checked as well.

First one is Hallie- She is 9 months!!

Next, Is Dreamer- She is 7 months!!!

The ok news is she feels FF is 9-10 months along. She had a better machine and it was much more clear. So we got to see the foal and the shape, but the foal was nott in position or big enough to be due now. So my boy mist have gotten her throuhg the fence.

Soooooo..... I am going to suspend marestare for about a month. Dont want to waste everyone's time watching when they can watch others. I will post and keep everyone updated. I hope to have it hokked up again in Dec!!!

But all is well just the part of the breeding process
default_wink.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back