Ricochet is home! pics & videos

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
default_aktion033.gif
Fab new pictures of the gorgeous Ricky and hes going to be so happy when his new wife arrives
default_wub.png
get the camera ready Megan
default_aktion033.gif

Megan I'm not trying to put a 'damper' on all the excitement with Laney arriving soon, but am presuming you are intending to keep her and Ricky apart - at least until you are absolutely sure that they will be ok together? A lot of mares will not put up with a weanling colt (even if it is their own!) and a pregnant mare may be even less likely to want a lively colt running around and annoying her.

I know you are a very sensible young lady and you have done wonders with Ricky and the facilities you have for him. Just worrying (you know how I worry LOL!!) that you might think that they are going to be best buddies etc., when they may not!

You were talking about shingles, so perhaps you have organised a special space for Laney already?
default_yes.gif

I cant wait for Laney to arrive so you can post some pictures of her, and also so we will have a new baby to look forward to next year.
default_aktion033.gif
default_wub.png

Thanks ladies
biggrin.gif

Anna- No worries
laugh.gif
We have 3 separate paddocks for them now. We built another run-in shelter and paddock for Ricky so I could keep them separate. Hoping for the best that they get along very well but definitely ready to separate them when needed.

Annnnddd... We are about to go and get her!!!
aktion033.gif
Leaving in the next hour!

Ok ok
biggrin.gif
Came in to grab a bite to eat and upload some pictures.

Laney is home safe and sound. She is happy and grazing.

Ricky is so excited and has done some prancing and nickering. I have them separated for her first night so all he can do is try to talk to her, stare at her and sniff her through the fence. She will sniff him and give him some glances and goes right back to grazing. He sticks close by and grazes himself.

DSCN5334.JPG

DSCN5339.JPG

DSCN5344.JPG

and a few pics coming...

wub.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Megan I am SOOOOOOO happy for you!! she is absoloutly beautiful!! when is she due again??

what a funny little man Ricky is lol
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah
default_aktion033.gif
default_wub.png
:wub
default_wub.png

is she settling in well??? sounds like she is
default_yes.gif

Thanks, Cassie
laugh.gif

She is due April 12!

She's very laid back and doing well. Has been grazing away and will visit with Ricky at the fence then go right back to grazing. I will let them mingle a bit tomorrow and see how it goes. He doesn't seem to phase her or bother her at all at the moment.

You can tell Ricky is excited for her to be here. They will graze near each other and when Ricky realizes he has forgotten to stay close and she has gone away from him he perks up looking around and calling to her.

WOW
default_wub.png
:wub shes beautiful..if theyr that relaxed now Im sure your wont have any problems when they get together
default_aktion033.gif
..any idea what colour the foal will be ??...CONGRATULATIONS she really is very very pretty
default_aktion033.gif

aktion033.gif
Congratulations, Now you have 2, lol your herd is growing
new_rofl.gif

She is adorable and as for Ricky, he just gets more adorable with every photo
laugh.gif
His little head is just perfect.
wub.gif

Anna is right about being careful and it will just depend on her nature, My herd leader is amazing with all babies and will put up with almost anything, when they go too far or go near the gate (for some strange reason ) she will tell them off and send them away but you can see that she feels bad as after a minute she will go and scratch or nibble their necks. It is just amazing how she loves them all. Then there are the other mares that won't take any bad behaviour what so ever but they are never dangerous to the foals they just pick on them which can be very stressing for a baby.
no.gif

Come on, more pics
impatient.jpg

Thanks so much ladies!

I am watching like a hawk and they have done beautifully so far!

Grazing away together
wub.gif

DSCN5657.JPG

DSCN5663.JPG

DSCN5665.JPG

Oh HOORAY!!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

It looks like everything is going to be fine.
default_yes.gif
(she probably had a good talk to Ricky through the fence yesterday telling him exactly how he should behave towards a lady-in-waiting. LOL!!)

She is such a pretty mare - is this her first foal and who is she in foal to? (sorry I have forgotten!)

You must be so excited. Dont forget to start a topic for her with us on the new mare and foal forum when she gets closer to foaling.
default_yes.gif

Thanks so much!

I am stalling to feed cause Laney tried to steal some of Ricky's food when she was done with hers. Silly lady!

I don't think I have posted Laney's info yet. She will need a foaling thread in a bit
biggrin.gif
Laney is 7 years old and has had 5 foals. She is bred to a very nice black and white pinto stallion who is homozygous Tobiano. This will be their first foal together. I will have to get permission to post a photo of the stallion in her foaling thread. Can't wait to see the foal she is cooking!

wow that is a lot of babies
new_shocked.gif
Will you let her have a rest after this foal? Sorry I had 2 babies and that was enough
new_rofl.gif

They look wonderful together and Ricky looks so tiny
biggrin.gif

Sorry I meant 4 foals not 5.. but still a lot. And yes she will have a break and won't be bred back next year.

that is alot of foals lol poor mumma girl, she is the same age as Suzie
default_aktion033.gif
what a good girl, to want to hang with a little bratty colt hehe!! she is going to be such a gorgeous mum, and her foal will be VERY special!!
default_yes.gif

Ricky and Laney do really well out in the large paddock grazing together. But Laney went after Ricky when we had them in a smaller paddock last night so we separate them at night. Right now they are happily grazing beside each other. I am watching them, of course.
biggrin.gif

I think it's too early to start a foaling thread for Laney. I *thought* I saw movement yesterday but I am not positive. She is around 172 days now. She isn't used to being groomed daily or handled a lot so I am working with her slowly and hope to build her trust. She doesn't run a way, will come straight up to you but she will sometimes move away when I gently rub her back or back side. I snuck a picture of her udder to see how she looks normally. She's a spotted lady
risa_suelos.gif

Here is from yesterday

DSCN5715.JPG

DSCN5720.JPG

DSCN5735.JPG

will post a few pictures from today in next post below...

Latest posts

Back