Ricochet is home! pics & videos

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MeganH

Reaction score
Last night was like Christmas Eve.. knowing we were getting up and going to get our colt, it was hard to sleep.

He did really well on his short trip here (little bit of an upset tummy) and came right into his paddock and started grazing.

DSCN3033.JPG

DSCN3031.JPG

DSCN3040.JPG

Ricky has a bit of a belly on him so we won't be taking him to the local shows this fall. I'm switching his feed to 16% protein to see if that helps (he was on 12 % I believe). I will end up waiting till next year to show him in the spring.

I was lucky enough to be able to visit him weekly and so he already knew who I was and loved my scratches.

more pictures continued in next post.. !!

Last edited by a moderator:
My husband was working on Ricky's paddock gate (filling in the bottom spaces) and Ricky wasn't too sure of him. I caught him hiding behind a tree when I went inside to get a quick drink.
wub.gif
Once I went out again and gave him scratches he felt like he could trot down and say hello to Brandon.

DSCN3081.JPG

Then he did a good roll..

DSCN3082.JPG

and got up to shake it off

DSCN3084.JPG

more pictures to follow...

He trotted around a bit and went back to grazing...

DSCN3044.JPG

DSCN3045.JPG

Heres a shot of his shelter and paddock

DSCN2938.JPG

Thanks for letting me share!!

Yay!! Ricky is FINALLY home!!! So excited for you!!! We need marestare on him, just cause he's so cute to look at!!
default_wub.png

So beautiful!
default_aktion033.gif
I'm sure he's glad to be home. Love his paddock and the grass is so green
default_wub.png
.We haven't seen anything that green in ages around here. Congradulations on getting your boy home!!!!

Wow I just left a message asking if you were able to get him home with all the bad weather and here he is..fabulous pictures he gorgeous
default_wub.png
your so lucky and you must be so excited finally getting him home
default_aktion033.gif
..im sure your going to have alot of fun with him..
default_aktion033.gif
CONGRATULATIONS
default_aktion033.gif

I love his cute little paddock and shelter your husband did a cracking job.. Well Done Brandon
default_aktion033.gif

Oh Megan, I'm so pleased for you and Ricky, how thrilling to have him home at last!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

He looks very happy and very settled in his new pasture, and his new shelter looks great. The pictures are fabulous, do keep them coming, he's such a cute little fella we will love seeing more of him on a regular basis.
default_yes.gif

Yay! Nothing better then finally bringing them home
default_laugh.png

He is adorable and seems to really like his new home!

Congratulations on getting Ricky home.

He looks like he approves of his new digs and is fitting right in.

Were you guys away from the areas in NC, that was hit so hard by the storm?

Your place looks bathed in sunshine and I don't see any downed branches or anything.

Thanks everyone!

Jess- wish I could put his cuteness on mare stare. "Weanling Stare" would be more like it.

Lindi- We were able to get him home with no trouble. Roads here are very Clear.

Nancy- We were lucky because we live in central NC and did not get much more then winds and rain. The yard has some small limbs and leaves in places but other then that everything is the same as it was before Irene hit.

Ricky is doing so well. He is getting used to everything. The biggest thing is our dogs. I am introducing them slowly.

His belly is big so I really hope switching his grain to 16% protein and feeding grain 2x a day helps him. I want him to be as healthy as he can be. He sure has plenty of grass to eat.

I've got to figure out his full name so I can send off all his AMHA/AMHR papers.

I will post more pictures soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations!!
default_aktion033.gif
He looks very content and happy with his new and loving home.

Dan.

More pictures!
aktion033.gif

DSCN3027.JPG

DSCN3077.JPG

DSCN3127.JPG

^saying hello to my daughter

Hope you had another fun day with your gorgeous boy today and hes settling in well
default_smile.png

How exciting, he looks very happy. I wish you a long and happy life together.

Oh, hes soooo very cute! I love the picture of your daughter....that could have been any of us years ago.....well in my case there would have been dinosaurs running around too!! Wouldnt it be nice to be young again and just be able to sit on a bucket every day and pet the horses
default_wub.png
I love the little barn shelter too. I think you need one of my little girls too...Popcorn ....I would love to give her to someone w/a little dughter to play dress up with. She doesnt do well w/the heat and bugs here in Fla.

It was beautiful outside today so it was great to stay out with Ricky. He is getting even more settled in.

DSCN3165.JPG

DSCN3169.JPG

I slowly introduced him to our dogs today through the fence and he walked right up to see what they were.

My daughter just loves him. She wakes up and says "Go see Ricky" and will look out the window to see him. She has had him on her 'Goodnight list' for a few weeks now. She goes through the our names and our animals names ('night night, daddy. night night, mommy. night night, austin. night night, ellie. night night, gibbs. night night, luna. night night, ricky') before she gets put in her crib at night.

I am sure she would love your Popcorn, Heidi. Horsies are her favorite. Especially if they are her size. Her brother loves to ride large horses and barrel race. But he also loves our little Ricochet.

We all love him
wub.gif

(sorry that last pic is sideways.. )

Latest posts

Back