Remember Red Bag colt I posted about?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shaladar

Reaction score
Turns out he had several heart defects. I took him to Loomis Equine Hospital because he just wasn't right. Never expected it to be his heart. Did a ekg and Ultrasound of his heart, and discovered several very bad defects. He had a hole leading from the left ventricle to the right, so the blood was backing up in his heart, enlarging it. They were amazed that he was still alive, we believe its beacause he was 'slow' from the insaficient oxygen during birth, ( he was limp and not breathing when born) and inactive, he never did run and play and buck and be silly like the other foals, and so he was able to make it this long. The little 'spells' he was having were probably oxygen starvation.

The decision was made to let him go to Rainbow Bridge. I think we all (me, Dancer and Image) knew it was time.

He was my special little man and I miss him so much.

Rest in peace...my perfect little Prince.

CopyofDancerColtB.jpg

Shaladars Dancers Image 3/19/06-4/8/06

Sierras Golden Rain Dance X Tomahawks Dandy Spirit

Sue

[SIZE=24pt]I'm sorry for your loss. I'm glad he's in abetter place now rumming and jumping with the colt we lost this year, and everyone elses foals that crossed the rainbow bridge.[/SIZE]

CHristy

Oh Sue, I am so sorry. Such a sweet little one too.

[SIZE=12pt] Ohhhh I am so sorry. It was great that you took him to find out what was wrong with him. He is happy now and you are very brave. I am sorry.[/SIZE]

Our Liberty will be the first to show him where the best grass is over the Bridge...
default_yes.gif
:

I am very sorry to hear of your loss - he loved you as he fought hard against his birth challenges to survive as he did.

Denise

Silversong Farm

What a terribly sad loss! I am so sorry for you. Sending (((((hugs))))) your way.
default_crybaby.gif
:

Sorry for your loss. You know in your heart it was for the best but I know how much it hurts too.

He has lots of pretty fillys to play with. He is a happy boy now.

What a pretty little guy.......my heart goes out to you. I know what a hard decision you had to make for a little one you've fallen in love with. (I've been there.)

Blessings,

MA

You made the right decision, and he is much happier now..............

It took a lot of courage to do this, and I applaud that.

I know that doesn't make it easier, but there probably wasn't a lot to be done for him and he may have had a lot of complications that would have been so hard on everyone including him most of all.

My thoughts are with you,

Liz M.

I'm so sorry! I know that was a tough decision to make but I don't think they're doing open heart surgery for mini's and that's what it would have taken. Poor guy never had a chance despite your great efforts. My heart goes out to you.

Sue,

So sorry to read this. Dancer is such a stunning mare, what a loss for you and her.

We had a foal that made it two weeks with congenital renal failure at Loomis last year, they do a great job with the minis. It's so hard on the mares, losing their babies. Muffy, had a healthy foal this year, so hopefully you'll get a gorgeous healthy foal from Dancer in 2007.

Again sorry for your loss.

I am so sorry for your loss. It's thing like this that sure makes you wonder sometimes! Seems Mother Nature sometimes knows best. Sounds like she had other plans for him from the start, knowing maybe that he had these heart defects, and was trying to "take care" of him on her own. So sad.

Now you both are a peace! This is so sad and so very hard to take.

Best of luck to you and your pretty little mare. Your colt is happy now and playing with others.

Beth

I'm so sorry. You know you made the right decision. It's the hardest part about living with horses.

Sue, I am so sorry to hear about this, but know you made the right decision. He is now free of any pains and playing and romping with my little "Prince" who was also a red bag and didnt make it.mine was born on April 2. It just hurts so much when things like this happen. (((hugs))) to you. Corinne

Latest posts

Back