I can't believe she's gone...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm so very sorry Mona! How terrible. It can happen so quickly too.

I almost got my little Penny dog one day--she & Sheba were roughhousing beside the truck & she got knocked over. I thought I did run her over, but I must have just got her toes or maybe the hair on her toes, and when she tried to pull away she strained a tendon in her leg. Initially I believed her leg was broken, but it wasn't. Since then I allow no roughhousing anywhere near the truck. I will stop & get out and send the dogs away. Cats are put into the truck or chased away before I move the vehicle at all.

My heart Aches for you Mona. I lost a dog the same way.....It is so heartbreaking. I wish I could take some of the pain away for you. That was the first Dog I was ever that close to in adult hood and I remeber crying in PetSmart the next week when I went to get his stone. God Bless you. It is so hard.

I'm so sorry you lost your special girl, and in such a heartbreaking way. My heart goes out to you and to Chris.

Mona,

I am so sorry. We had a Boston growing up and they are a very special dog. I feel so sorry for your loss and feel especially sorry for your husbands loss. One thing for him to remember is 'destiny" it was her time and place to go. Now she is getting her reward for coming here. I am sure he is wracked with guilt and wish I had magic words for both of you.

To have her die in your arms was probably terrible for you but it was probably a wonderful gift for her to be surrounded with so much love when she crossed over.

Again I am so sorry for the loss of such a special little "imp".

Hugs to you both,

Bonnie

Mona, I read this yesterday and couldnt find the right words, I still cant. I just want to let you know my heart goes out to you and your husband Chris.Please give him a hug for me, and know you are in my thoughts.

Oh, Mona, I just don't even know what to say... I'm sorry doesn't even start to convey the mssage... May time heal your broken heart- -- I am just so sorry...
default_no.gif

Liz R.

I am so so sorry to read this. Molly's picture was one of the reasons I first began to research Bostons and whether they would be a good fit for me. I have worried ever since we got my Abby that she would get run over. They are such active, confidant little dogs and caution is not in their nature. Thank you for sharing Molly with us here on LB and I hope it gives you some comfort to know that this tragic accident will encourage us (I mean my husband and I but no doubt many reading it would agree) to be even more vigilant about keeping our own beloved friends safe.

(( HUGS)) from one Boston lover to another

Oh Mona I am sooo very sorry, I have tears in my eyes reading your news (((((((((HUGS)))))))))

Oh Mona....This just breaks my heart! Im so sorry....Hugs to to you and you husband...
default_no.gif
default_no.gif

I am so sorry for you loss. She sure was a cutie. Prayers to you and your husband. It was an unfortunate accident and no one's fault. My condolences to you both.

Mona I am very sorry to hear of your loss. God always needs good dogs in heaven, maybe Bailey needed her too. Blessings to your family!

If it's true what they say, that crying/grieving is a part of healing, then we should be well on our way. I want to thank all of you from the bottom of my heart. I have found much comfort in your comments, condolences and sharing of similar stories here in this thread. HUGS to each and every one of you for that.
cheekkiss.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Matt, you have got to ask your little blue point to lay off the Red Bull!!
default_472.gif
default_472.gif
Oh Mona........I don't normally check the "Back Porch" posts...but did today for some reason.

I am SO VERY SORRY. I know how your husband feels, as the very same thing happened to me several years ago. We had a tiny 3lb Poodle/Chihuahua mix, "Toffee" was his name. He was my "baby", we got him even before we had children. We had moved to a new home in the country and it had no fencing. Toffee loved to be outside, so I would put him on a long lead in the garage & open the garage door so he could go out when he wanted. I left to run a quick errand, and when I came home I used my garage door opener to open the door all the way so I could pull the car in. Toffee seen me & ran over to the step by the inside door to sit like he always did when anyone pulled in, and I waited to see where he was before I pulled the rest of the way in. He was sitting on the step. The next thing I heard was his yelping! I was immediately sick to my stomach, because I knew that he must have run under the car for some reason, and I ran over his tiny body. I was just sick! I scooped him up....no blood at all....but I knew his tiny body had to be crushed inside. He finally stopped yelping & went into shock. I sat on the garage floor holding him & sobbing, when my husband found me. We rushed him to the vet....but I knew there was no hope. The vet sedated him & ran x-rays. As I suspected, his internal organs were all crushed, and we had to let him go. I blamed myself for years over that. It's so hard to lose a beloved pet....but to run over him myself?
default_no.gif

Please tell your husband that it wasn't his fault....things just sometimes happen that you have no control over. It took me a long time to understand & accept that.

HUGS TO YOU BOTH!!!!!!!!!

Dear Mona and Chris,

I'm so sorry about beautiful Molly. Please find comfort in knowing that she didn't suffer. The body shuts down so quickly when something like that happens. I've personally lost my most cherished companion to an accident that I felt I could have controlled had I made different choices. The pain and guilt goes on for years but it doesn't change anything. Please tell your husband to remember all the wonderful times and to know that Molly holds no grudge. I spoke to Bonnie after I lost Jack and I asked her to tell him I was sorry. She told me "he doesn't think that way; he doesn't care about that now. He's at total peace." She said he'd already crossed over and even told me who was waiting for him. Maybe think about giving her a call. It may help to answer the unavoidable questions that run through our minds when something tragic like this happens.

Again, I'm so sorry. Godspeed Molly.

Oh gosh Mona, I am so sorry that Molly got ran over. That is so sad and I have other friends that this has happened with their beloved dogs too
default_crybaby.gif
...I feel so sad for you, but it sounds like she didn't suffer..very little condolence for you, but she is very happy after crossing her rainbow bridge..Know that she will "always LOVE YOU" and will have not ill feelings for what happened. It was an accident and she knows that too...You will see her someday again I know that for sure
default_wub.png

MONA {{{{BIGGIANTHUGSFROM ME!}}}}

Blessings my friend,

Jenny

Mona, I am so sorry about Molly. I understand exactly how your husband feels as I ran over my daughter's corgi seven years ago and still beat myself up over it.

Hugs to you and your husband.

Debbie

Oh gosh Mona I am soo sorry to see this, I'm late as usual and trying to catch up on some posts so forgive me for not already giving my condolences.

I always enjoyed your Molly posts, I have a Boston too who was raised right along with the stories and photos of your Molly so I always looked forward to seeing her.

Our Boston "Baby Girl" is just like a child to us, I can't imagine the grief you and your husband have had to share over losing her.

Latest posts

Back